Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Warriors, 1/18/10
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Bulls start a rough looking road trip out west today. If this turns out like the Circus trip, that'll tell us who this team is. If this team wants to earn a playoff spot, this is key.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Question, why is it that whenever we have a road trip it's always on the West coast? Is there no such thing as an Eastern Conference road trip? I just think that's kind of weird but maybe that's how it's always been.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 18 2010, 11:45 AM) *
Question, why is it that whenever we have a road trip it's always on the West coast? Is there no such thing as an Eastern Conference road trip? I just think that's kind of weird but maybe that's how it's always been.

There's a lot more travel involved, so I would imagine that they tend to cluster the west coast games a bit more rather than going back and forth from Chicago to the west coast. When the Bulls play someone like Milwaukee, Cleveland, Indiana or Detroit it's a lot easier to go back and forth since they are much shorter flights.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 18 2010, 01:32 PM) *
There's a lot more travel involved, so I would imagine that they tend to cluster the west coast games a bit more rather than going back and forth from Chicago to the west coast. When the Bulls play someone like Milwaukee, Cleveland, Indiana or Detroit it's a lot easier to go back and forth since they are much shorter flights.

Teams that are out west wind up taking east coast trips also. We hear about the West Coast trips more because we're Bulls fans, and because we're often on the East Coast, because ESPN is an east coast network, and because lately, the center of power in the NBA has been the Western conference (i.e. if you take a swing playing the #1, #4, #5, #7, #8, and #10 team in the West, you play much better teams, especially on the lower seeds, than you do if you play those same teams from the East).

The Lakers, right now, are on an East Coast swing. Their next 8 games are:

@ Cleveland
@ NY
@ Toronto
@ Washington
@ Indiana
@ Philadelphia
@ Boston
@ Memphis

If the 4-10 teams in the East were as strong as they were in the West, that trip would scare more.
ZoomSlowik
Yeah, that's true. Portland is especially bad since the Sonics moved, I believe they're a two hour flight away from their nearest opponent.
ZoomSlowik
That was pretty god damn embarassing, the Warriors only had 4 healthy rotation players and they still beat the Bulls by 17. Noah and Thomas should have had a field day but both were awful instead. The perimeter players weren't exactly great either, especially on D, where they were lit up by Maggette and Curry.
DutheDoduhon21
what was up with the gray shoes guys on both teams were wearing?
Balta1701-B
Glad I didn't get this game.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 18 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Glad I didn't get this game.

Same here. Looking at the box score I see we basically lost to 4 players and they had atleast 3 NBDL players in the game at one time and we still lost. Probably the most pathetic loss of our season with exception to the loss against the Kings. Stephen Curry with 10 rebounds is laughable.
DutheDoduhon21
answered my own question
Nike Basketball Check out the gray, red, and green shoes that Nike Basketball athletes are wearing in recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.