Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skiles needs to reign in Hinrich
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
Hinrich is a great young player...but tonight shows he needs to have a defined role. Too many dribbles, too many turnovers, awful shooting with poor shot selection.

I think he plays this way because until last year and this year he had to. he had no help. He doesnt have to do it alone anymore. Time for Kirk to play qb and make everyone better. The more he draws defenders and kicks it to the open man...the better this team will be. Defenders stick with him and double team him bc he is keeping the ball. He tends to drive to the basket, dribble it around under the basket and comes back out to the top of the key.

Skiles needs to have him play point, let Noch and Gordon score. This will open things up for Hinrich as well. Hinrich has potential to be the next steve nash. he needs to play more controlled and make others better like Nash. He can be that player. Skiles needed to set him down and get him under control.

Hirich realistically should be the 4th option on offense now.
The Gladiator
One word, Inconsistent..
Giant Killer
At one point last night he was out there with schenscher, duhon, and pike. What do you want him to do?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Giant Killer @ May 3 2006, 12:08 PM)
At one point last night he was out there with schenscher, duhon, and pike. What do you want him to do?

dish it to nocioni.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Giant Killer @ May 3 2006, 12:08 PM)

Not in the 4th quarter he wasn't...
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3 2006, 01:18 PM)
Not in the 4th quarter he wasn't...

Which is where he looked his worst as well.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 3 2006, 01:29 PM)
Which is where he looked his worst as well.

Exactly. Kirk was horrible in the 4th on both ends of the floor, and that was with the starters out there. The supporting cast is no excuse.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3 2006, 02:40 PM)
Exactly. Kirk was horrible in the 4th on both ends of the floor, and that was with the starters out there. The supporting cast is no excuse.

I think if skiles gives him a designed role and runs plays designed for him to draw traffic and kick it to noch or gordon it will only help. Plus, hinirch does get worn down by the end of the game bc he is running around too much...he's a great player, just needs some direction.
B-4-Bulls
Im pretty sure Kirk was just tired. I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would be tireder than spiff if we had to gaurd Dwayne Wade for 5 games in a row. Give kirk some slack. Hes done a great job this series and I expect him to come out strong tomorrow.
soxfan101
As Gordon and Deng become better players so will Hinrich. I think next season you will start seeing that. Gordon and Deng becoming our offensive players will really open it up for Hinrich. Plus Nocioni's solid play. If we do indeed land Aldridge and we get an actual big man that can score consistently.....
scareybullsfan
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 3 2006, 04:32 PM)
I think if skiles gives him a designed role and runs plays designed for him to draw traffic and kick it to noch or gordon it will only help. Plus, hinirch does get worn down by the end of the game bc he is running around too much...he's a great player, just needs some direction.

It seems to me that this is the reason the Bulls had great shooting early on in this series. That's exactly what Hinrich was doing... penetrating and dishing to Gordon and Nocioni. Give credit to Riley because the last three games in this series because he has recognized this and put defenders right on top of Gordon and Nocioni so they don't get that open shot.

With Hinrich penetrating and no open passing lanes, he looks a little silly out there. I'm hoping that Skiles will bring Deng in for that third option alot more tonight.
RoseAngelKH12
sure he did cause a lot of turnovers and didnt make many shots but he can get some assists and can really make key plays plus when he gets a hot hand he does some damage on the court.......not to mention he has pretty solid defense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.