Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With Their Backs To The Wall...CBF
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
By CBF; your game analyzer

Ok usually im a laid back kind of a person but you are going to see alot more negativity from me than usual in this post cuz this is pissing me off!!

With the series tied at 2-2 the Bulls came out semi flat and lost the first quarter. Its that simple. But then in the 2nd the Bulls played tremendous defense and with 2 minutes and some change left Wade falls down again but this time with an injury, or so we think! He shot well for the first time in the playoffs. The Bulls came into halftime down by 2.

Heres where the negativity begins. The Bulls, who's defense has looked great these last two games and in the first half of this game COMPLETELY fell apart in the 2nd half. Deng looking lazy and acting like he doesnt care lets "Wild Antoine Walker" beat him off the dribble and get easy shots. This is one of many things that killed the Bulls tonight. With the game meaning more than anything this team has ever done in the young lives (as far as the playoff games) just "sucked" tonight. The Bulls finished the game shooting like 30 something percent.

Tyson Chandler who injured himself in game 4 came out in a gutsy performance but was pathetic and should have stayed home. Chandler had I think 5-6 fouls and all but one offensive. "Rookie mistakes" by him but were all getting used to it by now. I was very dissapointed in Luol Deng tonight. Terrible defense and offense, no sense of urgency and no attacking the basket. He HAS to learn that he needs to get some easy layups to get him warmed up rather than come out and shoot his 17 footers that he misses alot.

Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon didnt show up tonight. IMO we ALL looked tired tonight and that isnt good considering were alot younger than the Heat. I dont know how many times Gordon (With his terrible passes) and Kirk Hinrich turned the ball over. Hinrich had at least 6 and Gordon probably 4-5.

This is another reason why its hard to win a series when your a pure jumpshooting team. Look at the Suns for an Example. Although Sweetney came ready to play for the 5th game in a row scoring a career playoff high 16 points and 9 rebounds. Hes the only one consistently playing well thorughout the whole playoffs. Noc, one could argue another great game but I dont see it. I thought he played soft today and was complaining to the officials on just about EVERY call rather than just going out and playing "his" game.

Now the Bulls are down 2-3 and game 6 is in Chicago where Miami has never won. But dont get your hopes up because 88 percent of the teams that win game 5 while tied go on to easily win the next game or game 7. I think we win game 6 and lose game 7. The Bulls have struggled so much for Miami and have never won a road playoff game since the Jordon era. Why should I get my hopes up that we can win this series when we play terrible on the road? You have to win atleast one road game to win the series if you dont have homefield advantage. So far the Bulls havent showed me that they can.

So pathetic all around performance today but the Bulls better come out ready to play tomorrow or theyll get their asses kicked again because Miami WILL want to take the heart out of us from the get go. So the key for game 6 is get off to a great start and continue driving to the basket.
The Gladiator
Completly agree, as usual another good post biggrin.gif . I myself thought we could win this in 6 but we just dont play good on the road. Part of a learning curve but we should be used to it by now!!
Bullies4Life
Give Heat some credit, they played the best Defense ive seen from them all series...Those first foul calls on TC were pathetic... but yeah, overall, bad game by the Bulls....and this happens to young teams sometimes... And we all know from the regular season that the bulls would sometimes go on long droughts w/out scorring a fg.....im surprised we havent seen a lot of this the whole series tho. Im just glad weve put up some good fights out there and getting respect from everyone...

BULLS ARE BUILT FOR THE FUTURE, MIAMI IS BUILT TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 2 2006, 09:31 PM)
Give Heat some credit, they played the best Defense ive seen from them all series...Those first foul calls on TC were pathetic... but yeah, overall, bad game by the Bulls....and this happens to young teams sometimes... And we all know from the regular season that the bulls would sometimes go on long droughts w/out scorring a fg.....im surprised we havent seen a lot of this the whole series tho. Im just glad weve put up some good fights out there and getting respect from everyone...

BULLS ARE BUILT FOR THE FUTURE, MIAMI IS BUILT TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP

Ya but I think it was just our poor shooting more than ne thing. It wasnt like Miami was closing out very well on us. We just werent agressive and were missing shots. Thats why I think Noc played bad today despite his numbers. He wasnt agressive like usual
Bullies4Life
we were actually close the whole game except it started getting really ugly by the 4th Q. This has happened before in the regular season, bulls go cold.... even if they re straight up open, they still cant find a way to make jump shots.... Im not surprised by this game at all...

There were some people out there that thought the Heat would sweep the bulls because we dont have an answer for shaq, and we'd be getting blown out by like 10-15 pts everygame.... They thought Miami was on a mission and here to prove that they are serious about winning a championship... Some people were thinking they would turn up the switch for the playoffs....
Well, im proud of the Bulls.... I was thinking the whole time that we would lose 4-2 this series.... And i was having my doubts about this when we were down 2-0... But im proud of the Bulls and Proud to be a fan... No matter what happens, im happy w/ this team and the effort the players have giving all season... When we were 10 games under .500, i didnt think we would make the playoffs... but they did.... So whatever happens, im proud of this team no matter what. Lets not get soo down guys... GO BULLS!!! bullssmilie1.jpg
whitesoxfan101
I had no problem with the Bulls in the first 3 quarters....yeah we shot like spiff and blew a chance to be up by 10 or 15, but at least they were playing hard. In that 4th, the Bulls lost their composure, and just kinda gave up....it was sad to see. Hopefully we can get it back together at home and figure out a way to make it a do or die game 7 situation.
TeaLeafReaderII
I wasn't able to watch the game, but I did catch the end of it on the radio...

and the only foul I heard called on Chandler was the moving screen... Neil Funk and Bill Wenington made a point of saying that the foul was due to the guard jumping the gun and taking off well before Tyson could get set.

Now, the other 4 fouls could of been stupid Tyson's "stupid rookie mistakes"...

But the one I heard sure sounded like it was on the the guard (can't remember if it was Duhon or Kirk) and not on Tyson. huh.gif
Cute Little Bulls Fan
Hey, I am still on the bandwagon...Miami won that game in the last six minutes. Stay positive everyone! I'm gonna be there for game six and I think i might just lose it! Dont go jumpin off the bandwagon just yet!!!! bullssmilie1.jpg
punkalexa
Okay you know I will some credit to the Bulls. They also made Miami shoot poorly. They also play clean even though some fouls.. (2) were questionable. But I don't know... somebody please tell me what happened in the 4th? This is just horrible. How could the Bulls let Miami win?? The Bulls had it throughhout the game! How could that have happened... This gets me upset.. I ocukdn';t watch the last minute... I still go for the Bulls though...
TeaLeafReaderII
because they were playing a veteran team lead by a championship caliber coach in their house?

Winning playoff games on the roads isn't easy... hopefully they will get one more crack at it pray.gif
The Gladiator
Riley has coached more playoff games then ne one in history
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 2 2006, 09:47 PM)
I wasn't able to watch the game, but I did catch the end of it on the radio...

and the only foul I heard called on Chandler was the moving screen... Neil Funk and Bill Wenington made a point of saying that the foul was due to the guard jumping the gun and taking off well before Tyson could get set.

Now, the other 4 fouls could of been stupid Tyson's "stupid rookie mistakes"...

But the one I heard sure sounded like it was on the the guard (can't remember if it was Duhon or Kirk) and not on Tyson. huh.gif

I know which foul you're talking about, and I'm still not convinced it was a foul. They were pretty aggressive in calling ticky tack fouls on the Bulls and on Shaq last night, but not really anywhere else.

Anywho, we lost that game because we couldn't make a damn shot to save our lives in the 2nd half. Plain and simple, everyone was ice cold. Deng couldn't even make free throws in the 3rd quarter; everything bricked out. It looked like Miami had shrunk the size of the rim. And these weren't contested shots, they were getting great, wide open looks with plenty of time at reasonable ranges and just missing badly.

We make some shots, we win that game. But then again, that's why I'm hoping we find a center/PF who can score in the offseason, so that we can always have some method of finding an easy shot or two.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 3 2006, 01:46 PM)
I know which foul you're talking about, and I'm still not convinced it was a foul. They were pretty aggressive in calling ticky tack fouls on the Bulls and on Shaq last night, but not really anywhere else.

Anywho, we lost that game because we couldn't make a damn shot to save our lives in the 2nd half. Plain and simple, everyone was ice cold. Deng couldn't even make free throws in the 3rd quarter; everything bricked out. It looked like Miami had shrunk the size of the rim. And these weren't contested shots, they were getting great, wide open looks with plenty of time at reasonable ranges and just missing badly.

We make some shots, we win that game. But then again, that's why I'm hoping we find a center/PF who can score in the offseason, so that we can always have some method of finding an easy shot or two.

Say hello to mr Tyrus Thomas wink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.