Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salmons traded to Milwaukee
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
from KC twitter
Bulls management has told Salmons to remain at team hotel as it works to finalize a trade. Won't play vs. Knicks

wow i wonder who its for, it will probably break really soon
Chicago Bulls Franchise
My guess, either to Orlando or maybe the Spurs for exprings.
GreatScott82
For who? Hopefully for an expirering contract or 2. That would be another $6 million off the books heading into the summer.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
There was talk about JJ Redick and Anthony Johnson or Roger Mason and Matt Bonner. My hope is that it's for Anthony Morrow from Golden State even though that's probably unlikely. That boy can shoot.
Cowch
Anthony Morrow WOULD be sweet, but I highly doubt that. If it were Reddick or Mason would they assume his bench role? I don't see either of them contending for a starting role...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 17 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Anthony Morrow WOULD be sweet, but I highly doubt that. If it were Reddick or Mason would they assume his bench role? I don't see either of them contending for a starting role...

At this point, it'd be assuming the "Can't opt-in to a contract next year" role.
Cowch
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Feb 17 2010, 04:58 PM) *
At this point, it'd be assuming the "Can't opt-in to a contract next year" role.

lolhitting.gif Thank God! Assuming we only get expirings from this trade, what sort of difference does this make for the offseason?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 17 2010, 07:02 PM) *
lolhitting.gif Thank God! Assuming we only get expirings from this trade, what sort of difference does this make for the offseason?

100% guarantees that no matter what happens with the cap declining we'll be able to offer at least 1 max deal if Salmons is moved and we don't take salary back.
Rodzilla91
Source: Memphis a possible destination for Salmons, with Bulls potentially taking back Darrell Arthur and/or Demarre Carroll, maybe picks.

CSN Bulls Insider

Chicago Bulls Franchise
David Aldridge reporting the deal could be freakin Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson for John Salmons. That would be a awful deal if that's the case. I hope to hell that's not true. Now we may be scoring 85 ppg by getting rid of Salmons for virtually nothing. Those two guys wouldn't see the floor.
GreatScott82
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/648...am_for_salmons/

The Chicago Bulls are close to a deal to send John Salmons to the Milwaukee Bucks for forward Kurt Thomas and center Francisco Elson, according to sources that spoke to David Aldridge.

Both Thomas and Elson are expiring contracts.

This deal would mean Chicago is almost officially out of the running for Tracy McGrady, as Salmons would have been a component of that deal.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/648.../#ixzz0fqfxEc7t
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:04 PM) *

I'm going to cry. I didn't think I'd care much what we did with Salmons but this is just the worst possible trade that can happen. Do we have a single guy on the team now besides Hinrich that can shoot a 3? You'd think we'd atleast get a player that can contribute in a Salmons deal. Even a JJ Redick is fine, but instead we get jack crap.
Rodzilla91
IMO, This has to be a precursor to another deal involving Miller and or Tyrus...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 17 2010, 09:10 PM) *
I'm going to cry. I didn't think I'd care much what we did with Salmons but this is just the worst possible trade that can happen. Do we have a single guy on the team now besides Hinrich that can shoot a 3? You'd think we'd atleast get a player that can contribute in a Salmons deal. Even a JJ Redick is fine, but instead we get jack crap.

Would you relax for a second, my God.

First and foremost, NOTHING is official, nothing has even been agreed upon yet. Second, the deadline is tomorrow. There are more moves to be made. And third, who gives a crap? We're not winning anything this season anyway.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:13 PM) *
Would you relax for a second, my God.

First and foremost, NOTHING is official, nothing has even been agreed upon yet. Second, the deadline is tomorrow. There are more moves to be made. And third, who gives a crap? We're not winning anything this season anyway.

I care. I guess you don't but I want to make this team as attractive as possible for free agents and this trade makes us a worst team. This better not be the only deal we make.
MB33
salmons went to the bucks for kurt thomas and elson!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 17 2010, 09:16 PM) *
I care. I guess you don't but I want to make this team as attractive as possible for free agents and this trade makes us a worst team. This better not be the only deal we make.

You're absolutely right. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and Lebron James are going to look at this team and say "What the fish man? They traded John Salmons!?!?! Thats bullshit. I don't want to play there!"
SoxFan1
By clearing out Salmons contract, the Bulls officially have enough money to make a max contract offer this offseason.
GreatScott82
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:37 PM) *
By clearing out Salmons contract, the Bulls officially have enough money to make a max contract offer this offseason.

Don't they have enough to add to big contracts now?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Don't they have enough to add to big contracts now?

Not two. Not unless we get rid of Deng.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-m...o&type=lgns

Check this article out. Atleast McGrady would have been a rotational player with a 23 million dollar expiring contract. The Rockets overplayed there hand.
SoxFan1
I think its entirely possible that the Bulls just wanted to dump Salmons on the first willing team. It seems as if Houston is dragging this TMac thing out WAY too much and asking for too much in return, and the Bulls were having none of it. They know they can't waste time getting in a bidding war over Tmac, nor should they. They still need to move Tyrus Thomas, and possibly one of Deng/Hinrich.

They got their guaranteed max contract money out of the way, now they can work to get the extra dough.
Sanitarium
Yeah this can't have been their first choice.. but probably the safest one.

I think we'd all rather take this than stand pat.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
http://twitter.com/KCJHoop

KC Johnson saying it may be Warrick instead of Thomas. I hope that's the case, I'd rather have Warrick. What this could also mean (and it could be why this trade isn't set in stone) is that the Bulls are trying to trade Tyrus beforehand and my guess is it's Al Harrington.
DutheDoduhon21
i think there is another trade coming.if not are we really going to put pargo in the rotation?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Feb 17 2010, 11:36 PM) *
i think there is another trade coming.if not are we really going to put pargo in the rotation?

Pargo and the team have come to a mutual agreement that he will be traded. We have yet to find a taker.
SoxFan1
KCJHoop

The Bucks are either going to send Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander OR Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson to the Bulls. Probably the former.
SoxFan1
If we got Warrick/Alexander, that'd be a much better deal for this season. That allows you to move Tyrus for just about anything really. That original Law/Murray/1st option from CHA would be a great option. Then you can dump Pargo on whoever.

Rose/Law/Hunter
Hinrich/Murray/Brown
Deng/Johnson/Alexander
Gibson/Warrick/Richard
Noah/Miller/James
Chicago Bulls Franchise
TechN9ne posted this update about the Bulls. Says the Deng + Noah for Bosh deal is still on the table but Toronto is reluctant to give up their franchise player. I'm still a bit torn with that whole situation, I really like Noah. Anyways, here's the article.

So John Salmons is gone, likely for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander, and I have to admit I’m a bit torn. It was necessary in the sense that we needed to dump his contract to assure we have enough cap space to sign a big free agent this off season. On the other hand, even though he was having a down year, Salmons was still one of our better offensive players for a team that desperately needs scoring. But more scoring could be on the way!

Here are some trades the Bulls have discussed and will continue to offer. The Bulls are willing to trade Brad Miller, Tyus Thomas and Jerome James in exchange for Tracy McGrady. In addition, the Bulls have asked that the Rockets release Miller in order for him to return to the Bulls. The Bulls are unwilling to add any picks or other considerations for a trade that helps them in no way financially for 2010. Its basically a trade to give away Tyrus and to add a scoring punch in McGrady. If the Rockets continue to play hardball, they will likely work out something with the Knicks or nothing at all.

If a Tyrus to Rockets deal falls through, the Bulls will likely trade him to the Knicks for Al Harrington. This would be a move, again, to add more scoring punch with the loss of Salmons. If for some reason the Knicks change their mind on trading Harrington or if he is packaged in a Rockets deal, there is a strong chance Tyrus stays for the remainder of the season.

Lastly, Chris Bosh for Deng and Noah was offered by the Bulls and is still on the table, however, its the Raptors who are reluctant. The Raptors were intrigued by the idea and do fear they will lose Bosh for nothing this off season, but seem unwilling to make such a huge splash and are highly attached to their franchise player. They’re reluctant to make such a drastic change, trade the face of their franchise and disrupt the chemistry of a playoff team. It’s an interesting proposal but seems too large scale for each team to handle. We will see though.

http://www.rumorpress.net/
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 18 2010, 01:04 AM) *
TechN9ne posted this update about the Bulls. Says the Deng + Noah for Bosh deal is still on the table but Toronto is reluctant to give up their franchise player. I'm still a bit torn with that whole situation, I really like Noah. Anyways, here's the article.

http://www.rumorpress.net/

That guy has never been right about anything. I'm pretty sure this Bucher or Woj would be all over that if true.
Balta1701-B
If this deal has actually happened, that leaves the Bulls with exactly 6 players under contract for next year. Deng, Rose, Noah, Gibson, Hinrich, Johnson, with a qualifying offer to Tyrus that presumably gets rescinded the second someone is signed, if he's not dealt today. The total salary for those 6 comes to $31.8 million. Even if we were to grab another mid to upper first round pick somewhere and have 2 draft holds, and the cap was to come all the way down to $52 million, we'd still be in a position to offer a max deal to a FA, and on top of that, the Bulls would hold Bird rights on a number of guys who could be signed or traded for additional depth.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 18 2010, 01:18 AM) *
That guy has never been right about anything. I'm pretty sure this Bucher or Woj would be all over that if true.

Actually he has been right on a few of the trades involving the Bulls in the past. He broke the Salmons Miller deal last year before anyone knew about it, and the Tyson deal before that. He has legit sources but that doesn't mean he's going to be right all the time.
Sanitarium
Whoever said there may be a second deal following was probably right. Per Chad Ford:

Why the change? Last night the Bucks were also exploring an alternative deal that would send Warrick to another team. However, those talks began to fizzle as the night wore on. If they heat back up today, then the Bucks can still insert Thomas and Elson (if necessary) back into the Salmons deal.
SoxFan1
It's official. Bulls receive Warrick and Alexander for Salmons. Apparently the Bucks will also get the option to swap 1sts with the Bulls, top 10 protected.
SoxFan1
The Chicago Bulls traded John Salmons to the Milwaukee Bucks for Joe Alexander and Hakim Warrick.

In addition, Chicago traded the Bulls’ regular second round draft choices in 2011 and 2012. Also, Milwaukee has the option in NBA Draft 2010 of switching first round picks with Chicago, so long as Chicago’s first round pick is not a top 10 selection.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0fulhk9Un
MB33
good trade
Chicago Bulls Franchise

Salmons may be gone but atleast we didn't lose the chin hair!
Cowch
Anyone catch this?

"It's a very unselfish team, easy to play with and fun to play with. It's a great group of guys. It really felt like we've been together since preseason, just the way the ball's been moving."
—F Hakim Warrick, on getting off to a fast start with his new team.
DutheDoduhon21
it looks that way too.
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Cowch @ Feb 22 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Anyone catch this?

what do you expect from someone who's played with michael redd olol
Balta1701-B
Probably worth bumping this thread at this point.

Especially with Salmons on a roll, the Bucks have been hot lately, while the Bulls are a walking triage unit. Thus, the Bulls are moving upwards in the draft while the Bucks are moving downwards, and the Bucks have the right to swap picks unless it's top 10.

Unfortunately, the Bucks seem to be smarter than us. Because if you look at the standings, right now, the Bulls are firmly ensconced in the 11th spot. Normally I'd say we have a shot at not having to swap picks with the Bucks...but we're a full 7 games ahead of the Clippers for the 10th spot. Unless someone in the bottom 10 reels off 7 wins in their next 10, it's going to be really tough for the Bulls to not wind up finishing 11th or higher. Milwaukee right now would be sitting about #18, and they're 2.5 back of Portland, and 9-1 in their last 10.
Balta1701-B
Milwaukee's loving, and I mean loving Salmons.
So you're John Salmons, the best Milwaukee import since Bavarian hops, and you're going back and forth in the fourth quarter with Joe Johnson like Larry Bird and Dominique Wilkins, matching the Atlanta guard shot for remarkable shot in yet another of his habitually clutch performances for the Bucks.

So what's that like?

"The best person to explain that in this locker room is Brandon (Jennings)," Salmons said Monday night after dropping 32 on the Hawks, "because he got 55."

And that right there would be one of the better reasons to fear the Deer.

Jennings, a strong rookie of the year candidate in part because of the double-nickels he scored on Golden State back in November, had already showered, dressed and left the locker room. He had time to do that because he had poor shooting night, just 1 of 8, and wasn't on the floor when the Bucks wrapped up an exhilarating 98-95 comeback against the Hawks.

But Jennings wasn't the only one. Andrew Bogut struggled again, going 4 of 11. Ersan Ilyasova couldn't find the basket, either.

And still, these Bucks continue to find a way.

They did it with Luke Ridnour. They did it with Carlos Delfino. They did it with Salmons making five of seven shots and scoring 16 points in a fourth-quarter zone-like trance of which he said, "It was just one of those games where every shot you take was going to go in, no matter how you took it."
Something tells me that this is what happens when you go from a system with a terrible coach to a solid system with a COTY candidate.
DutheDoduhon21
salmons did the same thing last year when we traded for him. we thought he was great, and then this year he went back to being himself. i bet the same thing will happen to Milwaukee
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Mar 23 2010, 10:17 AM) *
salmons did the same thing last year when we traded for him. we thought he was great, and then this year he went back to being himself. i bet the same thing will happen to Milwaukee

This. Apparently Balta forgot how good Salmons was for the Bulls last season with Deng out and the same terrible coach running the show.

The Bucks are desperate for scoring right now so it works, but next year when Redd is back and/or Jennings develops/gets back on track Skiles won't put up with the 5-seconds of jab steps followed by a challeneged J as much. That's when we'll see the same 13-point Salmons with inconsistent accuracy that the Bulls got this year.
MB33
Bucks and toronto just lost the bulls need to put a string of Ws
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.