Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hinrich suspended 1 game
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Kirk Hinrich has been suspended for one game after bumping into referee Bennie Adams Friday night when he was ejected with his second technical foul.

Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations, announced Saturday that Hinrich will serve his suspension on Tuesday, when the Bulls face the Memphis Grizzlies at the FedEx Forum.

Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro had insisted the bump was inadvertent.

"It was because the referee stopped. That's the only reason he bumped him," said Del Negro immediately after the Bulls' seventh straight loss. "Kirk was walking toward him, and then the referee turned and they bumped. Kirk wasn't going there to bump him....there was some contact but it was because the referee had stopped right in front of him like that. That's all it was."

Hinrich ducked out the back door of the locker room without giving his version of the incident Friday night.

vinny is right. its the refs fault because he stopped walking. he doesnt deserve a suspension.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Sometimes I wonder what the NBA looks at when they go over these suspensions. How could they not infer that the contact was inadvertent?
DutheDoduhon21
Guard Kirk Hinrich reacted following Bulls practice on Sunday to being suspended for one game for making contact with referee Bennie Adams after being ejected Friday night in Miami:

"I'm just disappointed. Any time you have to miss time when you're healthy is frustrating. I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case, but there's nothing I can do about it now."

Hinrich didn't speak with the media following the game, so he was asked Sunday for his version of the incident.

"I was just following him," Hinrich said of Adams. "I was still upset and then he turned and stuck his elbow out and kind of bumped into me. And then I realized I better leave."
Balta1701-B
Marked man: Not only did Kirk Hinrich miss Tuesday's loss to the Grizzlies because of his one-game league suspension, the broadcast was blacked out at the team hotel. So Hinrich went to watch at a local sports bar, where he was recognized and mocked by Memphis fans still stinging from when Hinrich's alma mater of Kansas beat the University of Memphis for the 2008 NCAA title.

Of course, that didn't stop two fans from asking for Hinrich's autograph. And, yes, Hinrich signed.
KC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.