Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nba draft lottery
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Click to view attachment
nice. it took about 15 tries. but when is the lottery? couldnt find it on nba.com
ZoomSlowik
After some digging, it looks like the answer is May 18th.
Cowch
Say the Bulls did in fact have a top 3 selection...do they trade it? Or do they take a top guy? Would they even want to do a Rose/Wall back court?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Cowch @ Apr 1 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Say the Bulls did in fact have a top 3 selection...do they trade it? Or do they take a top guy? Would they even want to do a Rose/Wall back court?

Depends. If they're in a position to get Turner, Favors or Johnson they probably keep them since those guys would fill needs. Turner or Johnson would make it pretty obvious that they should target a big man while Favors solidifies their frontcourt a bit and would allow them to pursue a guard. I doubt they'd take Cousins, despite his massive talents they usually seem to avoid guys with obvious attitude problems.

If they got #1, it'd be a lot harder to figure out. Wall and Rose is a supremely talented backcourt but not a particularly complementary one as they have roughly the same strengths and weaknesses. Then again, it would be difficult to get fair value, especially since any veteran they acquired would eat into their cap space.
Sanitarium
If we win the lottery, i think we want to go 1 or 3.. Turner is definately good enough to go #1... but if we got the 2nd pick and turner goes first can you really justify Favors over Wall?

and i agree i don't see us taking Cousins.

if we end up swapping with milwaukee... i hope we take gani lawal, dasean butler or jan vesely
Balta1701-B
Worth noting...if the cap drops below $51 million or so, if the Bulls get a top 3 pick, they won't be able to offer Wade/Bosh/Lebron/et al. a full Max deal if they don't trade the pick because the cap hold will be too large.
eddog2
If we get a top 3 I think we'd have to pick Favors and pray he works out. Cousins is a very nice big body and we'd have to consider him as well but he really hasn't dominated the way a top pick should. He could get to the NBA and be a flop. If he hits the weight room and stays in shape he's got the potential to be a top 5 center in the league. The only problem with having him and Noah as our starting bigs would be that neither guy can really shoot the open 15 footer. If we drafted him I think we'd have to put Noah on the market to see what we could get. And I'm not willing to get rid of Noah for Cousins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.