Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could Dwyane Wade work in Chicago?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Sanitarium
a good assessment, if you ask me.

http://bullsbythehorns.com/?p=1841

in addition to those points, i think rose is just as happy to distribute and involve teammates as he is to be the primary scorer.

my first choice this summer is still bosh, but whats not to like about wade.
ZoomSlowik
My problem is that you have to totally re-configure your lineup if you sign Wade. They have to have SOMEONE that can hit 3's since Rose and Wade can't. Ideally with that pairing both of your forwards would be able to stick open 3's, which would be hard to pull off. In a meaningful game, I would imagine opposing guards would play 5 feet off Rose and Wade and make them hit jumpers to beat them with the current roster.

Also, "could they play together" is relative. Obviously they can co-exist, but can they both be productive enough to win a title with a mediocre offensive froncourt? They're probably going to combine for closer to 40 points on the same roster instead of the 46-50 that they get on different teams where they are the undisputed #1 option. Keep in mind that Rose averaged 3.6 fewer points per game last year, largely because he had 2.5 fewer attempts and one fewer FT. Wade is fairly efficient because of his free throw totals, but Rose needs to take (and more importantly make) quite a few shots to get his points. Granted with less defensive attention he could theoretically get better shots, but he'd also have to get more catch-and-shoot buckets.

I really think the key to making it work is to add two guys at the forward spots (either starting or off the bench) that are catch-and-shoot types that can consistently hit 3's. They need to have guys that can make teams pay if they collapse on Wade and Rose.
Balta1701-B
The big reasons why in the past I've questioned whether or not Wade would work on the Bulls are:

1. Ben Gordon was the shooting guard, and he can't coexist with another shooter
2. The Bulls would still be weak in the frontcourt

Both of those situations have changed in the last year. Noah and Gibson both are showing serious promise. Even if either one of them won't be a 20 ppg scorer, that is 2 deep big men in the frontcourt who can rebound, block shots, and play off of the guards. And Gordon is off destroying the Pistons.

Especially if Johnson can fill in as a backup and the Bulls consider keeping Miller around for a season or two, I think Wade and Rose will work quite well...you just need a coach who is smart enough to design a scheme to spread the floor with them sot hat they both have room to create and maneuver.

The way I look at it is...it's the ultimate matchup problem for the other team's defense. Most teams don't have 2 defensive stoppers in the backcourt right? At best, they usually have 1 Sefalosha/Hinrich type teamed with a scorer. Which one do you put your better defender on? That leaves the other one matched up with someone who can't control him, and it forces the opponent to open up the lane because they have no other way to slow down those 2 guards on the outside.
nitetrain8601
The thing is, you're not going to get the best of Wade and Rose if they play together as opposed to filling the roster with someone else. Not only would teams be able to seriously pack the lane unless the Bulls got Mehmet Okur, Chris Bosh, and a Jason Kapano on the outside, but both Rose and Wade need the ball in their hands for offense. Wade is better playing off the ball, but you're nowhere getting the best Wade by taking the ball out of his hands. The same goes for Rose. Both of their strongest assets is handling the offense.

As far as Ben Gordon, he only averaged 15 shots per game which was 2nd or 3rd lowest out of all guys who averaged 20ppg last year. Ideally, that's the type of guy you want as your SG with Dwyane Wade or Derrick Rose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.