Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paxson tries to fight Vinny (Seriously)
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
According to multiple sources, John Paxson twice shoved Vinny Del Negro and had to be restrained after the two were involved in a post-game disagreement last month.

"After a loss to the Phoenix Suns on March 30, an irate Paxson walked into the coach’s office at the United Center and confronted Del Negro over a narrow breach of a management-imposed minutes limit on injured forward Joakim Noah," writes Adrian Wojnarowski. "Sources said Paxson first grabbed a hold of Del Negro’s tie and seemingly tried to provoke him with two successive jabs into his chest. Paxson was even heard to angrily challenge Del Negro to a fight."

Del Negro did not retaliate for fear of having his contract voided or career damaged.

Several staff members were present. Bernie Bickerstaff stepped between the two and pulled Paxson away.

Wow. This was posted on another board I read earlier and almost didn't click it because I thought it was a joke. And wtf is managements problem with VDN playing Noah? First they say he played Noah too much in the Phoenix game, now they are pissed because he didn't play Noah down the stretch in the New Jersey game. Why doesn't Paxson coach the damn team then?
Cowch
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 13 2010, 06:56 PM) *
Del Negro did not retaliate for fear of having his contract voided or career damaged.

Poor VDN....:/

I wonder what will come of this? Any possible firings?
Sanitarium
I can't think of any other industry where this kind of conduct is tolerated. What kind of boss is allowed to do that to their employees?
DutheDoduhon21
i kind of feel bad for vinny. i dont know that he is the coach of the future, but i think he has done a good job.
Balta1701-B
Please post a link when you excerpt text.

Anyway...Lots of points.

1. So, Pax gets angry when Noah breaks the minutes limit, Forman gets angry when VDN loses a game in part because he holds Noah to a minutes limit. Who's in charge again?

2. How screwed up do you have to be to make me FEEL BAD for VDN?

3. Hey, Chris Bosh, wanna part of this?

4. Craig Sager last night on TNT supposedly reported that KC Johnson had this story days/a week ago and sat on it. Nice.
Balta1701-B
An update says VDN was actually the aggressor.
However, a source close to the situation disputed who initiated that argument, and said that it wasn't the first altercation Del Negro has had with management. The source said that Del Negro and Bulls general manager Gar Forman had an altercation in Forman's office that was similar, but did not give details.

"So this was not the first time [Del Negro] exhibited this behavior," the source said.

A call placed to Del Negro on Wednesday afternoon was not immediately returned.
AtHomeBoy_2000
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 14 2010, 03:30 PM) *

I heard on the radio yesterday that this could be a deliberate misinformation leak by the bulls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.