Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Byron Scott Interested In Chicago Job
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Cowch
Byron Scott said he would be interested in becoming a candidate to coach the Chicago Bulls.

Vinny Del Negro, who has led the Bulls to playoff appearances in his two seasons in Chicago, has another year left on his contract, but it's widely speculated that Del Negro will be let go as soon as the season is over.

"Chicago is a city I love," Scott said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I spend time in Chicago during the summers, and coaching [the New Jersey Nets] in the Eastern Conference, I've been in Chicago a bunch of times.

"I wouldn't hang the phone up, let's put it that way. And I do think Chicago is going to be one of the better jobs that's available, if it's available."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/661.../#ixzz0lrufgxnZ

Anyone else catch this?
Balta1701-B
Shorter version: "Byron Scott would like a paycheck."
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Idk about Scott. I wouldn't be pissed if we got him but we need a coach that is going to come in and make us a dominant defensive team. With an incoming Max FA (hopefully) and maybe a 3pt shooter our team will have quite a bit of offensive firepower coming into next year. We need a coach that's gonna bring us to an elite level defensive team. Who is that guy? I have no idea, but it's not Byron Scott. I doubt the Bulls will go young and inexperienced again with their coach selection, so it's probably going to be a guy with alot of credibility. Avery Johnson pretty much shot down the Bulls last week on the radio saying there Front office needs to be fixed before they can move forward. So you can take him off the list (Not that I'd want him anyways). Who else is out there?
Balta1701-B
Everything i've heard about Byron Scott's coaching style and personality is bad.
DutheDoduhon21
to be honest id rather keep VDN
Sanitarium
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Apr 25 2010, 12:06 PM) *
to be honest id rather keep VDN

I agree. There's no one out there that I really want... maybe Avery Johnson but thats about it
DutheDoduhon21
unless some coach comes available that isnt expected, i think the bulls stick with vinny. For some reason i think the players respond to him well.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Apr 25 2010, 02:31 PM) *
unless some coach comes available that isnt expected, i think the bulls stick with vinny. For some reason i think the players respond to him well.

You must not have watched today's game. They did the opposite of what he wanted them too in the 2nd half after his half-time speech.
rockren
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 26 2010, 01:37 AM) *
You must not have watched today's game. They did the opposite of what he wanted them too in the 2nd half after his half-time speech.

Bron had a little something to do with that...

I've grown tired of Vinny's "get stops" or "dial up the energy" speeches. It's awfully obvious VDN is gone after Game 5. I'm not all sure it's fair he's getting canned...but he's getting canned.

As for Byron Scott....HELL no. He walked into JKidd and CP3 and won coach of the year twice....yet got the boot at both places. That should tell us a lot and the word on Scott is out there as I'd be shocked if he ever gets a job in the NBA again.

I think the Bulls already know who they're going to hire and I believe they'll target Doug Collins again. This job is a lot more attractive than it was two years ago IMO and I believe he'll take it this time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.