Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA Playoffs/offseason catch-all thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Balta1701-B
The playoffs are still going on and FA/draft are just starting to shape up. Let's consider this a thread for anything you want to discuss that isn't huge Bulls news.
Sanitarium
Any chance dirk opts out?
DutheDoduhon21
i know dirk can play, but i just dont like the guy at all.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Apr 30 2010, 11:27 AM) *
Any chance dirk opts out?

IMO, any player that has an opt-out and doesn't use it this year to at least work an extension is crazy...because otherwise, they're likely to wind up with a much smaller deal under next year's CBA.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Dirk is also going to be 32 years old..
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 30 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Dirk is also going to be 32 years old..

not reflected in his statistics though. i think if he signed with someone else he would still play at a high level. he wants a championship. the only season he played less than 75 games was his rookie year.
Balta1701-B
Tweet for Bosh!
The five-time All-Star posted two messages to his almost 96,000 followers Friday night, ending a week of silence with a post that read: "Been wanting to ask. Where should I go next season and why?"

About an hour later, Bosh posted a second message that read: "Ok... Let me rephrase the question. Should I stay or should I go?"

Sanitarium
Sounds like he plans on leaving. I think we just have to beat out Miami and then we're good
DutheDoduhon21
saw a picture of obama laughing with dwayne wade...wonder what they were talking about.
Balta1701-B
The Cavs looked beatable against the Bulls and needed the refs help to get out of that series in 5. The Cavs now look beatable against the Celtics, and the Celtics are good enough that the Refs can't hand the Cavs the series.
Balta1701-B
It seems as if Chris Bosh wants to be both seen and heard from these days. There sat Bosh, the five-time Toronto Raptors all-star, on Tuesday night, in the front row of the Staples Center as the Los Angeles Lakers took down the Utah Jazz

That followed his Twitter activities of last week, when he asked his followers about his upcoming free agency: "Where should I go next season and Should I stay or should I go?"

Since then, Bosh has changed his location on his Twitter page from "Toronto" to "Everywhere," and removed the bio section on the page, which had referred to his status as the captain of the Raptors.

Bosh has been open about courting attention as the NBA playoffs go on without his participation. "Sitting here watching the games wishing I was playing," Bosh wrote Monday night.
Link
DutheDoduhon21
chad ford's first mock draft has us taking james anderson from oklahoma st., i dont know much about him and its still early. has xavier henry going to the bucks at 15.
Sanitarium
all i know about him is he's a really good scorer/ shooter
Sanitarium
Did anyone see rondo last night?

I hate his guts but that was pretty impressive..
DutheDoduhon21
theres no player in the league that i hate more than rondo...maybe posey but hes the only reason the celtics are in that series right now.
Sanitarium
oh but how i would love for cleveland to lose
Sanitarium
heard some rumors about the pacers trading their first rounder for devin harris, probably wont happen unless they get wall imo
Steve9347
Poor New Jersey!
DutheDoduhon21
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 18 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Poor New Jersey!

good for us though
Sanitarium
One guy that hasn't gotten talked about much is rudy gay.. would memphis match any offer for him? not saying i want him (at all), but maybe the knicks would
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ May 19 2010, 02:58 PM) *
One guy that hasn't gotten talked about much is rudy gay.. would memphis match any offer for him? not saying i want him (at all), but maybe the knicks would
Rudy Gay, one of the franchise cornerstones, becomes a restricted free agent this summer. Retaining the fourth-year small forward, who is averaging 19.8 points and 5.9 rebounds as he develops into the all-around player the Grizzlies envision, is key to the franchise's sustaining its momentum toward success.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley recently told season-ticket holders that he is going to match whatever offer Gay gets from other teams in free agency. Then again, what is Heisley supposed to tell a group of loyal supporters who are about to receive renewal notices? The fact is, there are those throughout the league who remain skeptical that Heisley will do what it takes to keep Gay.

"I don't understand where all this talk is coming from," Heisley told SI.com. "Just because we are a small-market team and I manage my salary cap, we are not going to let another team come in here and just sign Rudy Gay. We'll do what we need to do, while being rational, to sign Rudy."

Ah, there is the qualifier: "while being rational."

"Listen, there are some teams out there who have cut their payroll because they are tired of losing money," Heisley said. "I don't know what the latest figures are that the league is giving out for how much money the league is losing [commissioner David Stern said last month that the NBA is losing $400 million], but teams are losing millions of dollars. They are not going to go out and spend that money that they just cut so they can start losing money again. Some teams are just not going to spend."

It only takes one team, however, to foil the Grizzlies' plan. What their limit is remains to be seen. Say, for instance, the Clippers offer Gay, who is making $3.28 million this season, a first-year salary of $12 million. Is that rational or irrational, in Heisley's mind? Is $11 million the cutoff? How about $13 million?

"I am not going to negotiate his contract publicly," Heisley said

FWIW, I think he's picked out the perfect landing destination for him there in LAC, assuming Lebron doesn't go crazy and decide to go there.
DutheDoduhon21
random but VDN is actually a pretty good analyst, better the the ones espn already has.
Sanitarium
john hollinger on amare, boozer, and joe johnson getting max deals:
Amare definitely will, the other two probably will. Johnson is the one who may have cost himself money with his playoff performance, but so many teams are flush with cash this summer that the $$ will find him, especially if Wade and LeBron stay put.
DutheDoduhon21
bosh has narrowed his list to 5 teams according to chad ford
CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Bosh, 26, is an unrestricted free agent. He averaged 24 points per game last season and has averaged 20.2 points per game for his career.

so does that mean if we get lebron we got bosh too? pray.gif
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 21 2010, 04:20 PM) *
so does that mean if we get lebron we got bosh too? pray.gif

IF...and this is a big IF...the Bulls could convince the Raptors to take on Deng's contract...that sounds at least remotely possible.

My word, that team could be a juggernaut.

P.S. Please include a link to the original source when you directly excerpt text, to protect the site from legal action.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Seeing how Toronto just payed Turokglu a crap ton of money, I don't see them wanting another huge contract in Deng's for someone who plays the same position.. I have always thought Deng makes perfect sense for someone like Phoenix. They have Grant Hill who's no good anymore and obviously on the downside of his career. Adding Deng gives them another weapon offensively and would improve there overall team defense. Which means I think the Bulls could pull off a sign and trade with Amare, but the Suns may have no interest in entertaining such a deal..
Sanitarium
^amare may not either. with the success theyve had this year he may not want to leave.
DutheDoduhon21
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 21 2010, 03:57 PM) *
P.S. Please include a link to the original source when you directly excerpt text, to protect the site from legal action.

oh yeah sorry keep forgetting.
Sanitarium
dirk opting out

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5210625
Cowch
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 21 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Seeing how Toronto just payed Turokglu a crap ton of money, I don't see them wanting another huge contract in Deng's for someone who plays the same position.. I have always thought Deng makes perfect sense for someone like Phoenix. They have Grant Hill who's no good anymore and obviously on the downside of his career. Adding Deng gives them another weapon offensively and would improve there overall team defense. Which means I think the Bulls could pull off a sign and trade with Amare, but the Suns may have no interest in entertaining such a deal..

If the Bulls do indeed land Lebron, Bosh is definitely not going to want to go somewhere and play with scrubs again. If Toronto won't accept Deng, they may be forced to walk away with nothing. I can't see Bosh being too nice to the Raptors as they never gave him a very good team.
rockren
QUOTE (Cowch @ May 22 2010, 02:48 PM) *
If the Bulls do indeed land Lebron, Bosh is definitely not going to want to go somewhere and play with scrubs again. If Toronto won't accept Deng, they may be forced to walk away with nothing. I can't see Bosh being too nice to the Raptors as they never gave him a very good team.

The more likely scenario is Deng/Taj, pick for Bron and the Bulls just signing Bosh outright. Everyone around here acts as if it's so impossible for the Cavs to deal Bron for Deng and parts...but lets face it- they can't lose Bron for nothing if he forces their hand.
Balta1701-B
Dwyane Wade questions Bulls' loyalty towards their ex-players.
"I think the biggest question that you think about has to be loyalty," said Wade, a Richards grad who added he has been a Bulls fan for a long time. "I know one thing about Miami: It is a very loyal organization. I see what they do with their players when their players get done with the game of basketball … how loyal they are. I don't know about the Bulls."

"I see Michael Jordan is not there, Scottie Pippen is not there. … You know, these guys are not a part," Wade said. "Things like that. So that is probably one of the biggest things for me, because I am a very loyal person."
No word yet on whether or not Ex-Bulls John Paxson and Randy Brown agree with Wade that ex-Bulls aren't part of the organization.
Sanitarium
Maybe the fact that Michael Jordan has been running another NBA team for the past decade has something to do with it? Also, Pippen did work for the Bulls as a scout or something i think
DutheDoduhon21
Dwade's twitter
@chriswright_dj: @dwadeofficial your comments about bulls organization might have been taken out of context
wade's response: like most it sells papers tho
Chicago Bulls Franchise
How do you take something like that out of context? Wade is obviously either a moron or he's just trying to promote Miami over Chicago and keep Lebron away from here.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 27 2010, 07:54 PM) *
How do you take something like that out of context? Wade is obviously either a moron or he's just trying to promote Miami over Chicago and keep Lebron away from here.

The Chicago media is absolutely having a field day ripping Wade for this just by pointing out how wrong it is.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 28 2010, 08:55 AM) *
The Chicago media is absolutely having a field day ripping Wade for this just by pointing out how wrong it is.

My respect for DWade hasn't really wavered as I think he's a classy guy and a world class teammate. With that said...Wade is worried. I think he knows the potential of what the Bulls could pull off this season, which would pretty much guarantee Wade an early exit out of the playoffs whether he's in NY or Miami for years to come.

Don't kid yourself....Wade reached big time and missed badly.
Sanitarium
i think amare is gonna end up in ny or stay in phoenix but all of the big names going down hard in the playoffs (except bosh) has gotta be good for us lol
Balta1701-B
Amare Stoudemire officially declares that he will opt-out of the final year of his contract.
DutheDoduhon21
tmz
When your father is the Leader of the Free World, there tend to be some pretty cool perks -- like when Sasha and Malia Obama went to the Lakers game last night ... and picked up an AWESOME Father's Day gift for their dad.

Sources close to the situation -- but not too close -- tell us the daughters really wanted to get their dad a Lakers jersey for his special day. So, AEG president Tim Leiweke -- whose suite they happened to be sitting in -- ran down to the Lakers team shop in the Staples Center and had an Obama jersey made up on the spot.

To top things off, Phil Jackson even autographed the gear for the kids after the game.

Way cooler than that ugly tie you were gonna get your dad.

too bad hes a bulls fan.
Sanitarium
you saying you wouldnt want that as a gift?
DutheDoduhon21
no that is awesome but im sure he would much rather have a bulls jersey
Balta1701-B
But Phil autographed it.
Balta1701-B
Some Vague, message boardy talk about Deng swapping for Gortat and Pietrus. If the Bulls are seriously in the Lebron running, that's a deal that works, clears space for Lebron, and adds depth at C and SG.
Sanitarium
but why would the magic make that deal? deng is basically a higher-paid, less-obnoxious matt barnes
DutheDoduhon21
weird tweet by mo williams aka @mogotti2
pls dont trade me, im not ready to go. im begging. my work aint done yet. im on both knees...pls. im serious.

maybe his account was hacked
AtHomeBoy_2000
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 23 2010, 12:58 PM) *
weird tweet by mo williams aka @mogotti2

maybe his account was hacked

that's... odd.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 23 2010, 01:22 PM) *
but why would the magic make that deal? deng is basically a higher-paid, less-obnoxious matt barnes

Matt Barnes said in May he'll opt out of his contract and become a free agent.
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 23 2010, 05:35 PM) *
Matt Barnes said in May he'll opt out of his contract and become a free agent.

but still, theyd be giving away half their bench to have deng and his stupid contract. i just dont see them wanting that
ZoomSlowik
Unless I'm missing something, the Bulls actually GAIN some salary for next year in that trade. Gortat and Pietrus add up to $11.6 mil for next year while Deng makes a little under $11.4 mil. Gortat is signed forever too (at least 13/14), and Pietrus has a player option for 11/12. Considering Gortat kinda sucks, that doesn't make much sense to me. Trading a fairly productive $12 mil player for a less effective but better fit $5 mil player and a $7 mil third post player.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.