Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lebron James Catch-All Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
SoxFan1
I was hoping that this wouldn't be necessary, but here is the place to talk all about the potential of Lebron signing with the Bulls.

The latest: WGN Radio 720 producer/reporter Justin Weiner reporter that Lebron was seen house-searching in Highland Park.
rockren
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 17 2010, 11:24 PM) *
I was hoping that this wouldn't be necessary, but here is the place to talk all about the potential of Lebron signing with the Bulls.

The latest: WGN Radio 720 producer/reporter Justin Weiner reporter that Lebron was seen house-searching in Highland Park.

No interest in Northbrook?
Balta1701-B
James, according to a source, has contacted Knicks center Eddy Curry about working out together at some point during the offseason. There may be nothing more to it than the fact that James and Curry are represented by the same agent, Leon Rose. James and Curry also have close ties to noted NBA power broker William Wesley, whom the Knicks put in charge of Curry's workouts last summer.

But Curry's involvement in the Knicks' recruitment of James is interesting since the veteran center has had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni, which began as far back as D'Antoni's first practice with the Knicks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...l#ixzz0oHvTM138
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well there ya go. Lebron's signing with the Knicks because of Eddy Curry
rockren
Curry still resides in Chicago and is spotted at the Berto Center from time to time is what I'm told.
Sanitarium
QUOTE (rockren @ May 18 2010, 07:25 PM) *
Curry still resides in Chicago and is spotted at the Berto Center from time to time is what I'm told.

There's a difference between being in Chicago and being able to see him from Chicago
Balta1701-B
Kiki Vandeweghe is out as Nets GM.
Balta1701-B
Indirectly, here's an ESPN/Rick Bucher piece talking about how Lebron has had essentially a veto pen over trades that have been considered by the Cavs over the past few years, and how he might demand that from any team he signs with.

I wouldn't give that power to a player.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Give it to him. Hell if Lebron wants to own the damn team you give that to him too. Just get him here!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2010, 05:52 PM) *
Give it to him. Hell if Lebron wants to own the damn team you give that to him too. Just get him here!

Like how Jordan hated the Oakley for Cartwright deal, and hated having Doug Collins replaced by Phil Jackson.
Balta1701-B
Donovan Mcnabb wants Lebron James on Chicago Bulls.

I just like it how none of those 3 things are directly connected. Yet.
SoxFan1
Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher also want Lebron on the Bulls.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 22 2010, 12:39 AM) *
Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher also want Lebron on the Bulls.

Gayle Sayres, however, disagrees.
Balta1701-B
Obama takes time off of his busy schedule of covering up for BP to comment on LBJ.
"You know, like I said, I don't want to meddle," Obama told TNT. "I will say this: [Derrick] Rose, Joakim Noah it's a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there."

"I think that the most important thing for LeBron right now is actually to find a structure where he's got a coach that he respects and is working hard with teammates who care about him and if that's in Cleveland, then he should stay in Cleveland," Obama said. "If he doesn't feel like he can get it there, then someplace else."

Obama compared James' situation to the Bulls not winning until Michael Jordan had confidence in Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen and the rest of his teammates. Once that happened, Chicago won six NBA championships in the 1990s.

"It wasn't until you got that framework around you that you could be a champion," Obama said. "Same thing happened with Kobe [Bryant]. You know, I think that, first with Shaq [O'Neal] then later with [Pau] Gasol, you know, he's gotten that sense of a team around him and I think LeBron hasn't quite been able to get that yet. That's what he needs to find."
DutheDoduhon21
we got obama now we need to get an endorsement from oprah
AtHomeBoy_2000
I couldn't care less about what Urlacher or Peppers or Obama think about Lebron.
Balta1701-B
LeBron James told CNN's Larry King that the Cleveland Cavaliers "have an edge" when it comes to signing him when the free agency period begins on July 1.

James answered "absolutely" when asked by King if Cleveland has an edge to re-sign him due to his familiarity with the team. The interview was taped Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN's "Larry King Live," capping the program's 25th anniversary celebration on the network.

"Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And -- and so it does have an edge," James told King.
Link
GreatScott82
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 1 2010, 03:23 PM) *

I think he is going to stay with Cleveland after all. Lets focus on Bosh and hope for the best.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The entire interview transcript was available at one point, in which I read all of it. Now I believe that link has been taken down but Lebron mentions the Bulls several times and talks about how he thought it was great to see Obama talking about him going to Chicago. He basically had all good things to say about every city being mentioned, except I don't recall him talking much about New Jersey.. Likes the possibility of playing with Bosh or Wade. If you want to watch it live, it'll air this Friday on CNN during the Larry King Live show.
Balta1701-B
I still say...if you can get Bosh or Wade to sign on the dotted line on day 1, you do exactly that and walk away content. Putting up with this "all glory to the hypnotoad King tour" is going to be Hell.
According to a source with first-hand knowledge of James' plans, the Larry King interview that was shot Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN was only the beginning of his elaborate scheme to draw unprecedented attention to his courting. James, according to the source, is in discussions with Nike to create a new shoe for every visit along his free agent path starting July 1. The shoes would have the date of the visit printed, with James already having scripted his itinerary for the Free Agency Tour 2010.

The source insists that he'll head for New York first to visit with the Knicks, and then spend time with the Nets. Chicago will be next, with the Bulls hoping he wants to follow in the footsteps of Michael Jordan and become the Windy City's beloved star. Depending on the level of sustained public interest and the discussions with the teams in the respective cities, James will decide at that point whether to continue on to Miami and possibly Los Angeles to see the Clippers.

That final stop would be Hollywood style in every way, with James simply putting on a show intended to create buzz in yet another big city and maintain the mystery of where he will go. And for what it's worth, the source expects James to return to the Cavaliers by the time the circus comes to an end.
Sanitarium
you cant be serious... and THIS is why you dont want lebron james on your freaking team. he was too busy making these stupid shoe designs to win in the post season.

lebron james = entertainer

kobe bryant = basketball player

i dont think kobe has even smiled since february
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This would be a total dick move If this is what Lebron is planning, and it only tells me that he isn't serious about other teams and he just plans to milk this thing forever until he eventually just resigns with Cleveland. I'm almost positive now this happens and the only way I see Lebron coming to Chicago is if Chris Bosh comes with him, otherwise we can forget about him and just make Bosh our #1 guy.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 4 2010, 01:22 PM) *
This would be a total dick move If this is what Lebron is planning, and it only tells me that he isn't serious about other teams and he just plans to milk this thing forever until he eventually just resigns with Cleveland. I'm almost positive now this happens and the only way I see Lebron coming to Chicago is if Chris Bosh comes with him, otherwise we can forget about him and just make Bosh our #1 guy.

I could still see him moving easily, but anyone who didn't think 2 years ago that he was going to milk this for all it was worth hasn't been paying attention.
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 4 2010, 02:39 PM) *
I could still see him moving easily, but anyone who didn't think 2 years ago that he was going to milk this for all it was worth hasn't been paying attention.

Well it's obvious he loves being the center of attention and is a total media whore, but to be ready to roll out special nike shoes just for potential free agent talks means he was talking with nike folks either during this post season or at the very least the night he got sent home.

All that matters to lebron is the $.. and his entitlement complex is going to prevent him from winning a championship no matter what team hes on IMO
rockren
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 4 2010, 02:21 PM) *
Well it's obvious he loves being the center of attention and is a total media whore, but to be ready to roll out special nike shoes just for potential free agent talks means he was talking with nike folks either during this post season or at the very least the night he got sent home.

All that matters to lebron is the $.. and his entitlement complex is going to prevent him from winning a championship no matter what team hes on IMO

Eh...I still think he's going to be a Bull.
SoxFan1
World Wide Wes has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James(notes) is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls. No one can be certain if basketball’s most famous middleman has been whispering honest insights to friends or amping the anxiety of Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert. Just know this: It wasn’t until Tom Thibodeau – who swore he never again wanted an agent – signed with William Wesley’s CAA that the Chicago Bulls grew serious about the coach’s candidacy.

Something pushed Bulls officials to get on a plane, fly to Los Angeles on the eve of the NBA Finals and meet with the Boston Celtics assistant coach. Within 48 hours, the Bulls had a deal for Thibodeau to become their head coach. For several weeks, the Bulls had chances to interview him. They never did. Just a year ago, Thibodeau couldn’t get offers from the Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia Sixers and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Celtics see him as a career assistant and wouldn’t even consider him as a candidate to replace Doc Rivers.

Only now, Tom Thibodeau has a three-year contract to coach the Chicago Bulls.

As one front-office executive with a franchise that has significant salary-cap space this summer said, “I think all the big free-agent deals will be done by July 1, if not the draft. The NBA would have a cow if [it] knew what’s going on now.”

Some league executives don’t even believe Bulls general manager Gar Forman was sold on Thibodeau, but it doesn’t matter. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf was. Everything is happening on the ownership level now, and that’s the reason Gilbert wants to become Jerry Jones and Danny Ferry wanted out of a Cleveland future whether it included LeBron James or not. The hiring of Thibodeau doesn’t assure the Bulls of James, but consider it something of a down payment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq_w...influence060510
DutheDoduhon21
that article by wojo is very interesting, if getting thibodeau increased our chance of getting lebron i like it even more.
Balta1701-B
Lots of Cleveland related goings-on today, with Tom Izzo potentially being offered their coaching job, and Mo Williams and Delonte West being put on the trade market.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 7 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Lots of Cleveland related goings-on today, with Tom Izzo potentially being offered their coaching job, and Mo Williams and Delonte West being put on the trade market.

This could be an early answer on whether or not Bron returns to the Cavs IMO. If Izzo says no...that could be a sign as to whether Bron has any type of interest in returning to Cleveland.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Izzo won't sign because of the uncertain future of Lebron James and Lebron won't sign off on anything because he's keeping his options open. Cleveland is basically kind of guessing as to what would keep Lebron because I doubt he's giving them much input at all. He can't tell anybody anything because he doesn't want to commit to anything yet.
rockren
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 7 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Izzo won't sign because of the uncertain future of Lebron James and Lebron won't sign off on anything because he's keeping his options open. Cleveland is basically kind of guessing as to what would keep Lebron because I doubt he's giving them much input at all. He can't tell anybody anything because he doesn't want to commit to anything yet.

I believe this is a way for Cleveland to get their answer from LBJ.

Gilbert: "Hey, Lebron. Tom Izzo said he'll be our coach if you re-up with us."

LBJ: "I can't make any promises at this time."

If the exchange went anything at all like this...you'd better believe Bron is leaving.
Sanitarium
izzo visitng cleveland
DutheDoduhon21
if cleveland gets izzo, how are our chances of getting lebron affected?
Sanitarium
imo i dont think he would be so interested about leaving a championship contender for the nba if lebron wasnt involved
Balta1701-B
I'm not sure Dan Gilbert would put up 3/$30 for a coach if he thought his franchise was about to lose $200 million in value.

Then again, maybe he thinks his franchise has nothing going for it next year, and so if they bring in a star coach it'll keep some attention on the team.
Sanitarium
But why this year for Izzo?

He's coming off back-to-back final fours, a possible title shot this year, has one of the best recruiting classes for the next two years... doesn't seem like he's gotten worn out on college basketball.

If Izzo goes, he has to know that Lebron would re-sign.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 11 2010, 10:40 AM) *

He's coming off back-to-back final fours, a possible title shot this year, has one of the best recruiting classes for the next two years... doesn't seem like he's gotten worn out on college basketball.

It's the money more than likely. How many people out there you think would turn down the opportunity to have their salaries doubled? His struggles at the NBA level will not deter him at all from getting another coaching job at the NCAA level anyways. Calapari, Tim Floyd, and Rick Patino all got good jobs after their failures in the NBA. So he may just take the chance and at worse, he'll be 30 million dollars richer.
rockren
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 11 2010, 02:17 PM) *
It's the money more than likely. How many people out there you think would turn down the opportunity to have their salaries doubled? His struggles at the NBA level will not deter him at all from getting another coaching job at the NCAA level anyways. Calapari, Tim Floyd, and Rick Patino all got good jobs after their failures in the NBA. So he may just take the chance and at worse, he'll be 30 million dollars richer.

While this is a good point, but I agree with Sanitarium in that the only way he leaves for Cleveland is if he gets word from LBJ himself that he'll be back.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 11 2010, 12:40 PM) *

There's been some talk that Izzo is really getting tired of the way the recruiting situation in college basketball has evolved, with players having quasi-agents by the time they're 12, with all the one and gone guys, with people like Calipari and Floyd making a mockery of the rules, etc.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 12 2010, 01:55 PM) *
There's been some talk that Izzo is really getting tired of the way the recruiting situation in college basketball has evolved, with players having quasi-agents by the time they're 12, with all the one and gone guys, with people like Calipari and Floyd making a mockery of the rules, etc.

Some of that idea is echoed in this article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuN6...-izzocavs061310
An NBA executive who has talked to Izzo says one frustration that could be pushing Izzo toward the NBA is that Michigan State hasn’t been able to elevate its recruiting into the national elite of the North Carolinas and Dukes, despite reaching six Final Fours and winning a national title under him. Izzo had hoped the Spartans’ success would feed off itself and he’d have an easier time attracting more top players than he does.

Also discusses Izzo not knowing anyone in the organization that has an actual relationship with LBJ:
As Michigan State’s Tom Izzo tries to make a decision on the Cleveland Cavaliers’ coaching job, much of his uneasiness centers on just how frayed the franchise’s relationship with LeBron James(notes) has become, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As for his questions about where Cleveland’s organization stands with James, one source said Izzo “isn’t even sure who has a relationship with [James].”
Balta1701-B
Considering that my impression is that James has been basically running the team the last couple years, and that the guys James had running the team just got fired, that doesn't surprise me.
Sanitarium
LeBron approves of Izzo

But James "100 percent" would endorse Izzo's hiring, the source said.
GreatScott82
Izzo is staying at MSU! smile.gif

Lebron to the Bulls still a pretty good posibility!!
Sanitarium
thats his loss.. now hes gonna be with byron scott when he eventually resigns
rockren
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:39 PM) *

Very good news for us.
Wanne
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 15 2010, 05:39 PM) *

Even better news for MSU and the Big Ten. Izzo is a class guy and a great spokesperson for the league. Being an Illini and Big Ten fan...I'd hate to see him leave Sparty.
AtHomeBoy_2000
Yahoo Sports -
To listen to World Wide Wes, LeBron will never look back on Cleveland. “He’s up out of there,” is the way he tells it to people, but LeBron’s Akron crew has to tsk-tsk such public talk because they all live in Northeast Ohio, and maybe always will. “We’re going to Chicago,” William Wesley tells people, “and Chris Bosh is coming, too.”
GreatScott82
QUOTE (AtHomeBoy_2000 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:01 AM) *

This is too good to be true. . isn't it? This is unbelievable. . wow!
AtHomeBoy_2000
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 25 2010, 10:07 AM) *
This is too good to be true. . isn't it? This is unbelievable. . wow!

Updated your banner for you...
Click to view attachment
Sanitarium
What happened in 2014?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.