Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Report: Bulls send Hinrich and #17 pick to Wizards
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
The Chicago Bulls have a deal in place that would move Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards, freeing up enough cap space to pursue two maximum-salary players on this summer's free-agent market, sources with knowledge of the Bulls' plans said Thursday.

It wasn't immediately clear what Washington would send to Chicago in the trade.
Link
Balta1701-B
So, one comment...prior to now, I didn't know where the cap level was, and if the cap went low enough, it was possible that trading Hinrich wasn't enough to give the Bulls clearance to offer 2 max deals.

This article says plainly that it gives the Bulls room to offer 2 max deals, which I assume means that someone knows the final cap number well enough to have done the math.
Steve9347
This is fantastic.
Sanitarium
HOLY freaking spiff THIS IS AWESOME
DutheDoduhon21
this is great for our chances with free agency, but ill miss kirk, good luck to him.
Sanitarium
damn this is interesting though.. since im assuming were not taking on any contracts are we picking at 30 or 35 now?

this is actually a good deal for the wizards. theyre in cap hell already so kirks contract isnt going to change anything, and honestly they could use kirk.. because now they dont have to ask as much for arenas in a trade, or if they keep him, have the option of starting kirk and arenas if they dont want wall in there right away or if wall and arenas cant play together

i wish kirk could have stuck around but that contract was the end of his time as a bull. great memories but best of luck
rockren
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOAAAARRRRDDDDD

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Love it, though I'd love it more if we get a pick back :/
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 24 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Love it, though I'd love it more if we get a pick back :/

I started the rumor earlier that the return is John Wall...
DutheDoduhon21
got the text message from the bulls-that basically makes it official.

anyone know if we are getting the 30th pick?
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2010, 06:35 PM) *
I started the rumor earlier that the return is John Wall...

You should have said it was gilbert
motownbull71
I am excited about the move. This provides quite a bit of cap room to go after the top tier free agents. If we do not get James, Wade or Bosh, I would be disappointed. I could live with Joe Johnson and Amare.
GreatScott82
From what I have been hearing its 50/50 Cleveland/Chicago. From listening to the 670thescore tonight, they made it seem like Lebron is all but done with Cleveland. ESPN's Jon Berry thinks Chicago will indeed get Lebron AND Chris Bosh. WOW. Something big is going to happen here folks. . stay tuned!!!!! The Hinrich deal opened up room for 2 max free agents!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:27 PM) *
From what I have been hearing its 50/50 Cleveland/Chicago. From listening to the 670thescore tonight, they made it seem like Lebron is all but done with Cleveland. ESPN's Jon Berry thinks Chicago will indeed get Lebron AND Chris Bosh. WOW. Something big is going to happen here folks. . stay tuned!!!!! The Hinrich deal opened up room for 2 max free agents!

not quiiiite. I believe in dealing Hinrich we are still 1 or 2 million short of offering another full max unless I'm missing something?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2010, 01:44 AM) *
not quiiiite. I believe in dealing Hinrich we are still 1 or 2 million short of offering another full max unless I'm missing something?

It seems like right now, everyone's numbers disagree. ESPN says one thing, then other places say another.
DutheDoduhon21
KC says we would have 14 to offer the 2nd free agent.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I wish we could trade Deng and get a pretty good player in return while also losing another 2-5 million in Salary.
rockren
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2010, 12:52 PM) *
I wish we could trade Deng and get a pretty good player in return while also losing another 2-5 million in Salary.

So do the Bulls....I believe they'll continue to try.
eddog2
I still won't believe it until the July 8th but if Kirk is traded it will be one of my happiest Bulls memories ever. I've wanted this for the past 3 years.
DutheDoduhon21
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 26 2010, 09:13 AM) *
I still won't believe it until the July 8th but if Kirk is traded it will be one of my happiest Bulls memories ever. I've wanted this for the past 3 years.

yeah but you got to admit he did a lot for the organization, but he did fall off the last couple of years.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 26 2010, 01:11 PM) *
yeah but you got to admit he did a lot for the organization, but he did fall off the last couple of years.

Well, the problem really was he fell off a cliff in 2007/2008, which was the year that we though we might have had a shot to take a big big big step forwards after reaching the 2nd round the year before. Instead, he fell apart, didn't lead the team, Wallace stopped caring, Noah called him on it, Skiles couldn't control things, and we wound up with the wonders of Jim Boylan and Vinny Del Negro. The only good that came out of it was DR1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.