Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do the Bulls still have their MLE?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Wanne
With rumors swirling about James and Bosh both coming (not holding my breath)...but they'll still sorely lack outside shooting.
But if that's the case do the Bulls still have their mid-level exemption and who would they target with it?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Teams are allowed to sign one or multiple players as long as they do not exceed the total mid-level exception. The Mid-level exception is set at what the average NBA salary is. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2007-08 NBA season is $5.36 million. Only teams that are over the Salary Cap can use the mid-level exception to sign free agents.

I don't think we can since we are not over the cap.
Wanne
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2010, 01:41 PM) *

If we sign 2 max players?

I kept hearing Kyle Korver is a UFA...need to look that one up. One possibility and may come on the cheap side...Luther Head.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2010, 02:41 PM) *

This. You don't have any exceptions if you start the off-season well under the cap like the Bulls will.
SoxFan1
Ray Allen or JJ Redick are my choices.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25 2010, 03:42 PM) *
This. You don't have any exceptions if you start the off-season well under the cap like the Bulls will.

Which is why I would love to clear Deng's salary to afford a Ray Allen sniper.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27 2010, 09:07 PM) *
Which is why I would love to clear Deng's salary to afford a Ray Allen sniper.

The odds of someone "Taking on" that contract still strike me as low, although he still does kinda fit the Clippers's needs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.