Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls Free Agency Update Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
SoxFan1
We can keep this just for Bulls tidbits. Meetings, offers, etc.

Apparently the Bulls got in touch with Bosh somehow right after midnight this morning.

Wade was in the United Center this morning meeting with the Bulls. The meeting was apparently a shade under 2 hours long.

Bosh has landed in Chicago and will reportedly meet with them AGAIN.

Lebron will have his meeting with Chicago on Saturday and hopes to make a decision by Monday.

David Lee will be meeting with the Bulls some time before Saturday as well.
Cowch
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1 2010, 11:53 AM) *
We can keep this just for Bulls tidbits. Meetings, offers, etc.

Apparently the Bulls got in touch with Bosh somehow right after midnight this morning.

Wade was in the United Center this morning meeting with the Bulls. The meeting was apparently a shade under 2 hours long.

Bosh has landed in Chicago and will reportedly meet with them AGAIN.

Lebron will have his meeting with Chicago on Saturday and hopes to make a decision by Monday.

David Lee will be meeting with the Bulls some time before Saturday as well.

This is going to be a long weekend! banghead.gif
Sanitarium
bulls meeting with brad miller sometime in the next few days
DutheDoduhon21
no bosh today
KCJHoop: Meeting with Bosh Friday. Also touched base via phone last nite. RT @Ryan_Jody: @KCJHoop Are Bulls looking to lock up Bosh today in S&T?
DutheDoduhon21
another KC bosh update
KCJHoop: Early indications are the Paxson/Thibodeau visit to see Bosh at Trump Tower was more informal. Meeting at UC still scheduled for Friday.
DutheDoduhon21
jay williams says boozer is in chicago
SoxFan1
From what I understand, Paxson and Thibodeau just went to talk briefly with Bosh since he was in the city and will be meeting with a formal presentation on Friday. Boozer is also staying at the Trump Tower tonight and will also meet with the Bulls on Friday.
SoxFan1
Bulls are the last team to meet with Bosh (some time this afternoon) and have already met with Boozer. Lebron meets with CLE tomorrow at 11 AM and the Bulls tomorrow at 2:30. We're batting clean up, hopefully that gives us the best shot and the presentation that resonates with him most. Our guys will always be freshest in his mind when he mulls it over, if he hasn't decided already.
DutheDoduhon21
thats great for the bulls to be meeting with lebron AND bosh last. i think the bulls will have bosh, boozer, or lee locked up before they meet with lebron. tomorrow is going to be one exciting day hopefully.

and i read somewhere that joakim had dinner with boozer last night.
Wanne
Wade and Bullies to meet again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

to tell you the truth I think we'd be MUCH better off as far as a team concept with Wade and Bosh together instead of Lebron.

I really don't want Boozer...
DutheDoduhon21
that would be awesome if we could get wade or bosh to commit before meeting with lebron
rockren
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2010, 05:36 PM) *
that would be awesome if we could get wade or bosh to commit before meeting with lebron

Word on the SCORE is the Bulls are targeting Wade to play with Bron more than they're targeting Bosh.

This is a sound strategy in case they were actually able to attract Wade, but it also puts a little pressure on Bosh to make a decision going into the Bulls meeting with LBJ tomorrow.
DutheDoduhon21
chad ford reporting wade close to committing to the bulls. this is getting insane
rockren
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:34 PM) *
chad ford reporting wade close to committing to the bulls. this is getting insane

http://nbaprimetime.com/?p=2156

Yeah.....holy spiff if it's actually true.
Sanitarium
am i dreaming or something?
Sanitarium
lebron is now meeting with the bulls before the cavs

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/...headlines;other

holy spiff
mmmmmbeeer
Holy spliff is right.

As upset as I was to read about this possible scenario happening with the Heat and how, imo, it would screw up the league as one team just dominates...well....now that it could be Chicago instead of Miami, christ, I'm digging the idea.

I hope we don't have to give up Joakim to get this done.
Balta1701-B
I'd settle with Wade and filler and be absolutely thrilled.
Sanitarium
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 2 2010, 09:20 PM) *
I'd settle with Wade and filler and be absolutely thrilled.

IMO if we sign wade, i think we'd be basically guaranteed Bosh, Boozer, or Amare

EDIT: bulls playing this smart per ken berger

Well, there are indications that the Bulls, in a pre-emptive strike to force the free-agent dominoes to start tumbling, have told James they want a decision on whether he'll accept their offer by the end of the day Saturday.

good for them. The way things are looking right now, there's a good chance one team is going to get left out in the cold (knicks or heat)
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 2 2010, 09:23 PM) *
good for them. The way things are looking right now, there's a good chance one team is going to get left out in the cold (knicks or heat)

I said all along, the only thing that I care about is coming away with any of the top 3. If Wade will sign before Lebron, then do it.
DutheDoduhon21
broussard said the rumors about the bulls giving lebron a deadline are absolutely false
Wanne
I still would rather have Wade and Bosh/Lee/ or Boozer over having Lebron. To me it would just turn into a "Lebron Show" instead of a team. If the Bulls go Wade and any of those 3 Lebron ends up back in Cleveland IMO...
DutheDoduhon21
its so funny how some people say "i dont know if lebron/wade/rose will work" you MAKE IT WORK
Wanne
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2010, 08:20 PM) *
its so funny how some people say "i dont know if lebron/wade/rose will work" you MAKE IT WORK

guess I haven't seen Lebron on "a team" yet. it was usually give Lebron the ball and watch him go 1 on 2 or something. Not saying I wouldn't take him in a heartbeat...but I still want to put having a good "team" first and foremost.
MB33
I would be surprise if wade signs with us.
Sanitarium
One powerful agent, speaking to CBSSports.com on condition of anonymity Friday night, ridiculed the LeBron-Wade-Bosh recruiting mania as "a bunch of egomaniacs starved for attention who think the world revolves them. They can't get enough of themselves." The agent, who is involved in numerous free-agent and trade scenarios, said of a LeBron-Wade pairing, "I don't see that happening." The most likely outcome, the agent said, was for Bosh to land in Chicago by himself -- forming an impressive trio with Derrick Rose, Noah and Deng -- while Wade re-signed in Miami and James in Cleveland. Boring, but more realistic, the agent said.

that and dwayne wades tweet:
"Imma start a website called What little do they know.com..l2ms"

puts a little doubt on all of this
Wanne
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 2 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Bosh to land in Chicago by himself -- forming an impressive trio with Derrick Rose, Noah and Deng

which quite honestly isn't all that bad a scenerio...
rockren
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 2 2010, 10:29 PM) *
which quite honestly isn't all that bad a scenerio...

It's a wonderful scenario.
MB33
i would definitely take bosh 1st
rockren
QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 2 2010, 10:25 PM) *
that and dwayne wades tweet:
"Imma start a website called What little do they know.com..l2ms"

puts a little doubt on all of this

I wouldn't put much into this comment. Sounds like a lot of envy coming from an agent.

If Wade can't bring Bosh with him to Miami....I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him take a paycut and play somewhere else.
GreatScott82
If the Bulls work out a sign and trade for Deng. They can sign two max contracts w/o working out a sign and trade. They will NOT sign ALL 3. Right now its looking like Bosh and Wade could be in front of Lebron to sign here. However, if Lebron wants to be a Bull, he'll be a Bull.

If Lebron stays in Cleveland. I think there is a great chance we get both Wade and Bosh- which is a GREAT scenario.
If Lebron comes to Chicago. I think Bosh signs here also, while Wade and Boozer sign in Miami.

Since Wade is all of a sudden learning toward Chicago, we actually have the edge to get Bosh. Kudos to the Bulls brass for being agressive!

The latest Deng trade rumor via Aggrey Sam's Twitter:
Unconfirmed speculation has Bulls putting deal in place to send Deng to Portland for Jerryd Bayless and Joel Pryzbilla.
rockren
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 3 2010, 07:36 AM) *
If the Bulls work out a sign and trade for Deng. They can sign two max contracts w/o working out a sign and trade. They will NOT sign ALL 3. Right now its looking like Bosh and Wade could be in front of Lebron to sign here. However, if Lebron wants to be a Bull, he'll be a Bull.

If Lebron stays in Cleveland. I think there is a great chance we get both Wade and Bosh- which is a GREAT scenario.
If Lebron comes to Chicago. I think Bosh signs here also, while Wade and Boozer sign in Miami.

Since Wade is all of a sudden learning toward Chicago, we actually have the edge to get Bosh. Kudos to the Bulls brass for being agressive!

There is also buzz the Mavs have ok'd a deal for Damp's team option contract for Deng as well.

If teams really are lining up for Deng (which I feel they should considering the deals going around in this FA) the Bulls can pretty much do whatever they want.
Wanne
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:36 AM) *

Still rather have Wade and Bosh over Lebronski... and btw...if that trade rumor is true I'd do it in a HEARTBEAT!!!
GreatScott82
Lebron will now make his decision on Wednesday after his youth camp in Akron finishes. He will not talk to reporters during the camp. I honestly think if he was going to stay in Cleveland, he would make his announcement before the camp on Monday. Thats just pure speculation on my part.
103 mph Screwball
Zach Zaidman posted on twitter that LeBron has another meeting with NY per NY Daily News. Zaidman is an awesome twitter follow "ZachZaidman".
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 4 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Lebron will now make his decision on Wednesday after his youth camp in Akron finishes. He will not talk to reporters during the camp. I honestly think if he was going to stay in Cleveland, he would make his announcement before the camp on Monday. Thats just pure speculation on my part.

bingo. im sticking to what I've thought for a while now, and that is Lebron coming to the Bulls. He knows damn well where he wants to go, there's just a couple of things he wants to go through first beforehand. He's going to talk to Bosh and Wade one more time, see what there feelings are, then he's going to have to ask himself if he is ready to come to the Bulls and face being seen as the traitor in Cleveland for as long as he plays. I honestly believe he wants to go to Chicago deep down, but is scared to leave Cleveland and face all the repercussions of his decision. If he comes back to Cleveland it is because of that, nothing else. He's not stupid, he knows Chicago gives him a better chance to win a ring more so than any other team. I'm hoping that plays an overriding factor in his decision. We'll see.
rockren
I agree with the notion if we don't hear from LBJ today that he'll announce he's going elsewhere on Wed or Thurs.
Sanitarium
from what i've been reading, bosh's preference goes like this:

1. sign and trade to cleveland with lebron
2. wherever wade goes
3. a texas team
MB33
Bosh is going to Miami!
MB33
boozer should be next on the list
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well this has the year 2000 written all over it.. Carlos Boozer ftw! #6 team in the East for the next few years!
rockren
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 7 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Well this has the year 2000 written all over it.. Carlos Boozer ftw! #6 team in the East for the next few years!

We have Derrick Rose this time around.
DutheDoduhon21
in the interview with dwade he looked like he was going to cry the whole time, almost as if he was questioning his decision. i think if he would have went with his heart and what was best for his family he would have went to chicago, but he let bosh decide for some reason...i dont get it.
MB33
we got boozer!
Balta1701-B
Link
Celtics eye Howard?

The Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls have shown “serious interest” in free-agent forward Josh Howard, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

While the Bulls could have the salary-cap space to sign Howard, depending on what happens with their offer sheet to J.J. Redick, the Celtics would need a sign-and-trade to arrange a deal because they have already used their midlevel exception on Jermaine O’Neal.

Howard has yet to receive a contract offer. The Washington Wizards also have some interest in re-signing Howard.

– Marc J. Spears, 1:30 a.m. ET, July 12
Steve9347
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 12 2010, 02:17 PM) *

I don't see the Bulls making a move for Howard now that Redick is definitely in the fold. Maybe I'm wrong, if the price is right he can be ok (think Deng sans defense + more consistent range)... you'd be looking at a deep team with the following (Balta/Slav let me know who I'm forgetting)

C Noah
C/PF Asik
C/PF Gibson
PF Boozer
SF Deng
SF Johnson
SF/SG Howard
SF/SG Korver
SG Redick
PG Rose

We'd still be in big-time need of a backup PG, if I'm not mistaken.
DutheDoduhon21
i would rather trade deng for iguodala than sign howard. isnt he coming off a knee injury?
Steve9347
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 12 2010, 04:51 PM) *
i would rather trade deng for iguodala than sign howard. isnt he coming off a knee injury?

Trust me, if we could get AI2 it'd be on, but I don't think that one is happening.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 12 2010, 04:51 PM) *

If that trade were remotely possible, it would have been done already. The entire reason they want to move Iguodala is they already have Turner to play the 3 and they want to get AI2's contract off the books.

Howard would come an awful lot cheaper as a FA.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
There was actually a rumor going around that the Bulls offered Deng and Taj Gibson for Iguadala and supposedly Elton Brand because Philly wants him gone. I didn't like Taj being involved but looks like the deal isn't going to happen anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.