Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play fantasy GM
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
madisonsmadhouse
Tell us what you do this off season. Assume you get the 2nd pick and the 14th pick in the draft and $15 a year in cap room.
RememberThe90's
Aquire Garnett. We need a stud...Garnett still haves 4-5 good more seasons IMO.

Trade

Minnesotta gets:

2nd overall pick
Tyson Chandler
Luol Deng

Chicago gets

Kevin Garnett

With the 14th pick I will draft Richard Roby

Sign
Al Harrington
Antonio Davis

Lineup:

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
C Antonio Davis
PF Kevin Garnett
SF Al Harrington

Bench:
Nocioni
Roby
Songilia
Sweetney
Duhon

Does it kill me to give up Deng..yes...but right now we have a logjam at SF and we
need to leverage this depth to get a star. I was previously opposed to signing Harrington but he could give us a good scroring presense down low.

Antonio Davis will buy us another year at the center position...what I am hoping for here is the Knicks to suck again next year and we can grab another big man
Oden, Durant to fill in there.

Roby will be true 2 guard we can use ff the bench.

Yeah, people won't like these moves...but it will put the best team on the courn next
season IMO
Bullies4Life
We own the 16 th pick.... bang.gif

Anyways, fun topic... Id get Alridge if he's there and if not, trade our 16th and 2nd to move up to 1st.....

And the rest... i cant tell u guys... ill write a thread about this later on, when we actually know our picks... But at the end we'll have Sheldon Will, and Alridge for out drafts... (I know a sure way to get them both, some may say that its giving up waaaayy to much, but its a way that we can get them for sure... )
And then sign Stevenson, and either Pryz, Nene, or Nazr... we'll c who wants to play for us and try to sign em up for cheap.... bringit.gif
Bullies4Life
R90s, pretty creative idea... But Minnesota aint trading KG... If TWolves suck again this year, then theres a pretty good chance he gets shipped next year, but not this year... And as far as the C position... A Davis?... this guy in now injury prone and not sure if he can make it through all of next season... If the Bulls get him its because he will be a backup, a guy we dont need to relly on like the past years.....If pax gets him its because we can relly on his veteran leadership... and thats it...
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 5 2006, 08:06 AM)
R90s, pretty creative idea... But Minnesota aint trading KG...

Time will tell...for the right package they will move him.

as for Antonio Davis...he was a rock for us last year.

We could really used him in this past series...and again he is just a temp solution.

The key here is the 2007 draft which will be loaded with studs like Oden and Kevin Durant. We have the option to swap picks with the Knicks in 2007 so we just have to count on them sucking again(I'm sure they will) and we will have a shot at one of these big men...hopefully Oden as I see Durant as more of a PF.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ May 5 2006, 08:22 AM)
Time will tell...for the right package they will move him.

as for Antonio Davis...he was a rock for us last year.

We could really used him in this past series...and again he is just a temp solution.

The key here is the 2007 draft which will be loaded with studs like Oden and Kevin Durant. We have the option to swap picks with the Knicks in 2007 so we just have to count on them sucking again(I'm sure they will) and we will have a shot at one of these big men...hopefully Oden as I see Durant as more of a PF.

Yeah but AD is ingury prone.... He's not even sure he's gonna play because of his back, i believe.... So u cant really count on that guy.... And as far as Oden goes... theres too much luck involved to get him... i see him as like the only guy who can really come in and contribute right away and start.. and as far as the others go... im sure they would need to polish up everthing and who knows if they deserve to start... The plan is nice and stuff, dont get me wrong... but a lot of luck as to happen for the Bulls... And im not sure if Knicks are gonna suck as much as they did last year... I see them doing bad, but not that bad... i say around a 4-8 spot, would be our pick for the lottery...
SoxFan1
Draft LaMarcus Aldrdige with the 2nd pick.

Draft Ronnie Brewer with the 16th pick.

Sign Antonio Daniels.

Sign Nene.

Sign

Let go of Schensher, Piatkowski, Pargo, and Livingston.

Sign Nocioni and Deng to contract extensions.

Have a starting 5 of:

Hinrich
Deng
Nocioni
Nene
Aldridge

With a bench of:
Chandler
Gordon
Duhon
Daniels
Brewer
Harrington
Allen
Sweetney
Brian
Sign Ben Wallace, draft ALdridge with #2 PICK.
whitesoxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 5 2006, 10:17 AM)

Sign Antonio Daniels.

Sign Nene.

Sign

Have a starting 5 of:

Hinrich
Deng
Nocioni
Nene
Aldridge

With a bench of:
Chandler
Gordon
Duhon
Daniels
Brewer
Harrington
Allen
Sweetney

Agreed on all counts, but I'd also like to sign Al Harrington, even if most don't agree with it.
ChWRoCk2
Sign Nazr Mohammed

Draft Aldridge or Thomas whoever is available, then at 16 take Paul Davis or Brewer.

Sign Al Harrington

Release Living, Pike, Luke
RickyDicky
The T'Wolves are on the verge of rebuilding. Sooooo here is what I would do to bring Garnett back to his hometown.

T'Wolves Get:
Ben Gordon
Lottery pick
#16 pick

Bulls Get:
Garnett

Free Agent:
Sign Harrington
CALL ME CRAZY sign Lebron James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer him a contract Cleveland cant match.

STACK JACK MALACK THE TEAM BABY!!!!!!!!!!

2006 Starting lineup:
Hinrich
Lebron
Deng
Harrington
Garnett
BENCH:
Chandler
Noc
Duhon
Pargo
Pike
O. Harrington

Okay this won't be happining, but there is nothing wrong with dreamin!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (RickyDicky @ May 5 2006, 03:12 PM)
The T'Wolves are on the verge of rebuilding. Sooooo here is what I would do to bring Garnett back to his hometown.

T'Wolves Get:
Ben Gordon
Lottery pick
#16 pick

Bulls Get:
Garnett

Free Agent:
Sign Harrington
CALL ME CRAZY sign Lebron James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer him a contract Cleveland cant match.

2006 Starting lineup:
Hinrich
Lebron
Deng
Harrington
Garnett
BENCH:
Chandler
Noc
Duhon
Pargo
Pike
O. Harrington

First off, Lebron is not a free agent this year. Second of all, we dot have enough cap room for Garrett, Lebron, and the rest of the guys, especially considering you'd have to resign Songaila, Piatkowski, Pargo, and have the room for Harrington too.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 5 2006, 10:17 AM)

Sign Antonio Daniels.

Sign Nene.

Sign

Have a starting 5 of:

Hinrich
Deng
Nocioni
Nene
Aldridge

With a bench of:
Chandler
Gordon
Duhon
Daniels
Brewer
Harrington
Allen
Sweetney

that is a good off-season that will not hurt us in the long run well thought out. biggrin.gif
i agree that we might need herrington (Al) and if the price is what paxson is looking for i thinkt hat he will pull the trigger and Al will become a bull. biggrin.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (RickyDicky @ May 5 2006, 03:12 PM)

T'Wolves Get:
Ben Gordon
Lottery pick
#16 pick

Bulls Get:
Garnett

Free Agent:
Sign Harrington

2006 Starting lineup:
Hinrich
Lebron
Deng
Harrington
Garnett
BENCH:
Chandler
Noc
Duhon
Pargo
Pike
O. Harrington

lol nice thought it will not be happening unless we get a salery cap of 90mil or more total which we lony have 60mil total right now.
RickyDicky
thought lebron was a restricted fa after this year. if anything i can see the garnett thing happen
The Gladiator
First in the draft I select Either Tyrus Thomas or Lamarcus Aldridge I dont care who. Then we trade BG and the 16th to move up to around the 6th-8th spot and get Rodney Carney.

Then in the summer we go after Bonzi Wells (I realize most of you hate him and think he is a cancer but I think he'll work out). And we also sign Vladmir Radmonovic.

We get rid of, Pargo,Piatkowski and Othella Harrington. We sign AD for a one year deal and also resign Luke Schenscher.

Heres our Starting 5 going into the season

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Wells/Carney
SF Deng/Noc/Radmonovic/Carney
PF Aldridge/Songallia/Rad
C AD/Chandler/Schenscher

I love that lineup going into the season. Although If there is any way we can STart NOC im all for it. This kid is the best player and most consistent on our team and deserves to start. But Deng is only 20 and he is obviously a big part of our future. Maybe Noc can start at the PF spot.
SoxFan1
Drafting Tyrus Thomas will be the worst mistake that any team who drafts him has ever made.

If the Bulls draft him, I foresee it being worse than Tyson/Brand.
Bullies4Life
I agree.... He could be a special player, but not here in Chicago... As far as AL Harrington goes.... WHY do we NEED another SF again?? Im confused.... O wait, he's a SF and a PF right?.... this guy is just a guy that can create matchup problems and thats IT. He is not the best player to defend the paint, and not a very good player to defend the KGs the Duncans, the D Howards, etc..... As far as im concerned, we already have a guy who can create match up problems.... His name is NOCIONI. And Noc is a better rebounder and a better defender IMO.
SO WHY DO WE NEED A GUY WHO WILL GET PAID A LOT OF MONEY WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE NOCIONI?... I JUST DONT GET IT....WE NEED TO SPENT MONEY ON SOME OTHER PLAYERS, NOT THIS GUY....
Bullies4Ever
yes i agree. we dont really need Al Harrington...... unless we can get him kinda cheap... then im up for it... but we dont really need him when we have Noc that can play the Pf too... to create matchup problems.. the only thing i have going for AL.... hes a better lost post scorer...... but Noc can spread the floor more than Al can... Noc is a better defender and rebounder....

why pay a guy 10 mil when we have a similar guy in our team....
beck72
1. Trade Ben Gordon and Duhon [I'd like to keep Duhon as he's a solid backup but Charlotte could use him] to Charlotte for their #1 pick [which should be in the top 5, with the 3rd worst record--Charlotte needs a scorer and could reunite Ben with best friend Okafor; The Bulls use that pick to draft Brandon Roy] and PG Brevin Knight. The Bobcats have Felton as the Pf of the future. Duhon would then be the backup.

2. Draft a big man with upside with the Knicks pick [Thomas or Aldridge].

3. Use the 16th pick for another low post guy [like Sheldon Williams or Cedric Simmons].

4. Sign Al Harrington [He's not an ideal PF. But Noc has shown he can play the 4 spot, esp on defense]. Harrington would provide the Bulls some consistent points until the two young post picks can get some experience.

Starters

PG Knight
SG Hinrich
SF Noc
PF Harrington
C Sweetney [I think if the Bulls could pawn him off on someone, and get a decent return--maybe his peformance in the playoffs could fool some team--the Bulls would do it in a heartbeat] Then Chandler could start here at C.

Bench

Roy
Deng
Chandler
Thomas/ Aldridge
Williams/ Simmons

I don't think the Bulls can make the necessary moves this offseason to make them a championship caliber team. The guys available in trades, FA's and immediate impact players in the draft are all lacking. Yet 2 solid building blocks like Thomas/ Aldridge and Roy could certainly improve them for the yrs ahead.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (beck72 @ May 6 2006, 04:39 AM)
1. Trade Ben Gordon and Duhon [I'd like to keep Duhon as he's a solid backup but Charlotte could use him] to Charlotte for their #1 pick [which should be in the top 5, with the 3rd worst record--Charlotte needs a scorer and could reunite Ben with best friend Okafor; The Bulls use that pick to draft Brandon Roy] and PG Brevin Knight. The Bobcats have Felton as the Pf of the future. Duhon would then be the backup.

3. Use the 16th pick for another low post guy [like Sheldon Williams or Cedric Simmons].

4. Sign Al Harrington [He's not an ideal PF. But Noc has shown he can play the 4 spot, esp on defense]. Harrington would provide the Bulls some consistent points until the two young post picks can get some experience.

Starters

PG Knight
SG Hinrich
SF Noc
PF Harrington
C Sweetney [I think if the Bulls could pawn him off on someone, and get a decent return--maybe his peformance in the playoffs could fool some team--the Bulls would do it in a heartbeat] Then Chandler could start here at C.

Bench

Roy
Deng
Chandler
Thomas/ Aldridge
Williams/ Simmons

I don't think the Bulls can make the necessary moves this offseason to make them a championship caliber team. The guys available in trades, FA's and immediate impact players in the draft are all lacking. Yet 2 solid building blocks like Thomas/ Aldridge and Roy could certainly improve them for the yrs ahead.

Whos gonna be our clutch shooter down the stretch? Every great team needs a player that can make clutch shots.... Is Brandon Roy gonna do that?... Im not sure... he hasnt proved anything in the NBA level...
beck72
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 6 2006, 09:02 AM)
Whos gonna be our clutch shooter down the stretch? Every great team needs a player that can make clutch shots.... Is Brandon Roy gonna do that?... Im not sure... he hasnt proved anything in the NBA level...

Ben Gordon is an enigma. No doubt he is a great scorer. Can the bulls go far with a 6'3" scorer who cannot create his own shot? I don't know. Esp. when the Bulls always talk about getting bigger at guard. Neither Hinrich or Gordon are going to grow any time soon:D

Roy won't ever be the scorer Ben is. But IMO, he would be the ideal off guard for the Bulls--someone who can create his own shot, dish to others as he drives to the basket, play solid d vs. the league's big guards. I see Roy and Hinrich as very similar players. But Roy is bigger and a more creative offensive player [post up, drive to the basket, shoot the open shot].

If the Bulls had a great low post threat, Gordon would be an ideal guy who can sit at the 3 pt line for the kick out. Yet that low post threat [who also has to be solid on defense, rebound and block shots] won't be easy to get. The draft won't produce a guy like that. At least not for a few years. Neither will free agency

It may take trading a guy like gordon to get the low post scorer/ defender the Bulls need.

The most ideal situation would be for the Bulls to sign a low post defender/ scorer FA with their $15 mill, draft a big man project like Thomas or Aldridge, and get a tall SG with their 16th pick. But that FA big man isn't really out there.

And, depending on when the Bulls pick, they may not even get Thomas or Aldridge.
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 5 2006, 09:36 PM)
Drafting Tyrus Thomas will be the worst mistake that any team who drafts him has ever made.

agree 100%
bulls91
QUOTE (beck72 @ May 6 2006, 04:39 AM)

Starters

PG Knight
SG Hinrich
SF Noc
PF Harrington

Bench

Roy
Deng
Chandler
Thomas/ Aldridge
Williams/ Simmons

there is no back up point guard but there is three back up post players does that make sence i think that they will grab a PG in the FA if they can.

Also i think that we will need to throw in the #16 draft pick so that the bobcats will go through with that. So that would give us one less post player and also more money so that we can also bring in some one like Speedy claxton and also mabe bobby jackson if they are not to expensive.
Chi-town23-33
Draft:

#2 Pick: LaMarcus Aldridge
#16 Pick: Ronnie Brewer

Free Agency:

Sign Nene if at all possible, as he has size, experience and is young (23). If not Nene the Bulls should look to grab Al Harrington.

Bulls also need to sign Kirk to a contract extension.

Trades:
No trading of Deng, Gordon, Hinrich (like that would ever happen) or Nocioni. All other pieces are in my mind expendable.

Starting Line-Up:

1 Hinrich
2 Gordon
3 Deng
4 Nene
5 Aldridge

Bench:
Nocioni
Duhon
Pargo
Brewer
Songailia
Sweetney
Chandler
FromWayDowntown
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5 2006, 06:28 AM)
Tell us what you do this off season.  Assume you get the 2nd pick and the 14th pick in the draft and $15 a year in cap room.

Draft:

Assume Portland will take Tyrus Thomas #1, and Chicago has the #2 pick:

"With the 2nd pick in the 2005 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select, LaMarcus Aldridge, power forward, University of Texas."

Assume Chicago, according to nbadraft.net, still has the #16 overall pick in the first round:

"With the 16th pick in the 2005 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select, Josh Boone, forward, University of Connecticut".

Trade:

To Chicago: Devin Brown, SG, - ex SA and UT player
To Utah: Future consideration pick

Plan B Trade:

To Chicago: Marquis Daniels, 2006 1st round pick, future considerations
To Dallas: Ben Gordon. (With Dallas' low first round pick, select either Maurice Ager from Michigan State, Mike Gansey from West Virginia or Rudy Fernandez from Spain as your backup 2-guard.

Plan C Trade: Darius Songaila for some size at the 2 spot.

Free Agent:
C - Joel Pryzbilla

Your lineup so far:
SF - Andres Nocioni, Luol Deng
PF - Tyson Chandler, LaMarcus Aldridge, Malik Allen
C - Joel Pryzbilla, Michael Sweetney, Josh Boone
PG - Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Jannero Pargo
SG - Marquis Daniels, Maurice Ager (my pick)

FA signees to round off the team:
PF - Brad Buckman - 2006 NBA draftee from University of Texas
PG/SG - Brad Newley, an Australian draftee for the 2006 draft as well.

Unfortunately, IMO the Bulls will not be able to get an elite-star, but this will add some balance throughout the lineup instead of relying on just one or two players, while Marquis Daniels is an up and coming star out of the Dallas ranks. Devin Brown, just in case of people forgot, was a very valuable San Antonio Spurs SG until he hurt his back in the 05 season, was out for most of the playoffs, and thus made the Spurs go after Michael Finley during the off-season. Either way with Brown in tow and Gordon staying, or else Daniels here w/Ager and Gordon going, the Bulls should now have some inside prescence, Tyson will then go back to his natural position at the 4, Duhon will assume his role as the backup PG, and Daniels or Brown will bring some size at the 2 while also helping both offensively and defensively.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (beck72 @ May 6 2006, 10:02 AM)
Ben Gordon is an enigma. No doubt he is a great scorer. Can the bulls go far with a 6'3" scorer who cannot create his own shot? I don't know. Esp. when the Bulls always talk about getting bigger at guard. Neither Hinrich or Gordon are going to grow  any time soon:D

Roy won't ever be the scorer Ben is. But IMO, he would be the ideal off guard for the Bulls--someone who can create his own shot, dish to others as he drives to the basket, play solid d vs. the league's big guards. I see Roy and Hinrich as very similar players. But Roy is bigger and a more creative offensive player [post up, drive to the basket, shoot the open shot].

If the Bulls had a great low post threat, Gordon would be an ideal guy who can sit at the 3 pt line for the kick out. Yet that low post threat [who also has to be solid on defense, rebound and block shots] won't be easy to get. The draft won't produce a guy like that. At least not for a few years. Neither will free agency

It may take trading a guy like gordon to get the low post scorer/ defender the Bulls need.

The most ideal situation would be for the Bulls to sign a low post defender/ scorer FA with their $15 mill, draft a big man project like Thomas or Aldridge, and get a tall SG with their 16th pick. But that FA big man isn't really out there.

And, depending on when the Bulls pick, they may not even get Thomas or Aldridge.

We need Bens clutch shooting... And Bens height shouldnt be a problem when we get a taller Defensive guard like a Deshawn Stevenson. Ben is still young and has shown a lot of flashes that he can be a great player in this league... Just wait till we get a better front court and that will open up so many things up for him.... Sometimes its soo eazy to shut down a guy like Ben because the defenders dont have to worry about the Bulls front court... So the players dont have to worry about leaving to help out in the paint, and just straight up stick w/ Ben.... And as far as Ben cant create his own shot... he actually has shown that he can... hes not the best but he can... Ive seen him plenty of times just dribbleling and then he makes a quick crossover and passes his man.... he's not the best, but he can.... And just wait till he polishes up his handles.... he will be a lot better too.... Lets not give up on ben right now... hes too young and could still be a great player here in Chicago... Theres no reason why to start panicking w/ Ben....
The Gladiator

LMFAO! he is the Best player IMO in the draft and WILL be an Allstar as will Aldridge. I would love either one of them. Thomas will be a superstar because hes so young and will develop his offensive game in 1-2 years. His Defense is already great. Should block 2 shots a game given the oppurtunity. If I had the choice, Tyrus Thomas would EASILY be my choice 100/100 times!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (FromWayDowntown @ May 6 2006, 06:48 PM)
Draft:

"With the 2nd pick in the 2005 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select, LaMarcus Aldridge, power forward, University of Texas."

Assume Chicago, according to nbadraft.net, still has the #16 overall pick in the first round:

"With the 16th pick in the 2005 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select, Josh Boone, forward, University of Connecticut".

Trade:

Plan B Trade:

To Dallas: Ben Gordon. (With Dallas' low first round pick, select either Maurice Ager from Michigan State, Mike Gansey from West Virginia or Rudy Fernandez from Spain as your backup 2-guard.

Free Agent:
C - Joel Pryzbilla

Your lineup so far:

Unfortunately, IMO the Bulls will not be able to get an elite-star, but this will add some balance throughout the lineup instead of relying on just one or two players, while Marquis Daniels is an up and coming star out of the Dallas ranks. Devin Brown, just in case of people forgot, was a very valuable San Antonio Spurs SG until he hurt his back in the 05 season, was out for most of the playoffs, and thus made the Spurs go after Michael Finley during the off-season. Either way with Brown in tow and Gordon staying, or else Daniels here w/Ager and Gordon going, the Bulls should now have some inside prescence, Tyson will then go back to his natural position at the 4, Duhon will assume his role as the backup PG, and Daniels or Brown will bring some size at the 2 while also helping both offensively and defensively.

dang well thought out smile.gif although I dont agree with you, cant complain cuz you know what ur talking about as I can see.
bulls91
QUOTE (FromWayDowntown @ May 6 2006, 06:48 PM)
Draft:

Trade:

Plan B Trade:

Free Agent:
C - Joel Pryzbilla

Your lineup so far:

yea very nice post that might be what paxson is going to do it would be smart and also it would leave us with some money left over for next year.
whitesoxfan101

Yep, he's Stromile Swift 2.0, even went to the same school.
beck72
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 6 2006, 08:15 PM)
LMFAO! he is the Best player IMO in the draft and WILL be an Allstar as will Aldridge. I would love either one of them. Thomas will be a superstar because hes so young and will develop his offensive game in 1-2 years. His Defense is already great. Should block 2 shots a game given the oppurtunity. If I had the choice, Tyrus Thomas would EASILY be my choice 100/100 times!

I don't know why people are so down on Thomas. From all accounts, Tyrus is a hard worker and plays with passion---traits that are hard to find from many top prospects--on top of his off the charts athleticism.
Rowand44
QUOTE (beck72 @ May 7 2006, 03:32 AM)
I don't know why people are so down on Thomas. From all accounts, Tyrus is a hard worker and plays with passion---traits that are hard to find from many top prospects--on top of his off the charts athleticism.

Tyrus is an athlete not a basketball player imo. I just don't see him being much of a player in the nba.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 6 2006, 08:15 PM)

Nope. He'll be worse than Stromile Swift. Thats his comparison as of right now, but with less talent and more potential. As we've seen with Tyson, athleticism doesn't always get you somewhere.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (beck72 @ May 7 2006, 03:32 AM)
________ is a hard worker and plays with passion---traits that are hard to find from many top prospects--on top of his off the charts athleticism.

Fill in the blank with someone on the Bulls......

Hmmm, lets see. Who fits those characteristics?
sport1016
There will be no blockbuster trades, simple enough

Also, a lot of proposed trades on this board leave the bulls without the 4th quarter finisher Ben is developing into.

Our back court is great. remember that Ben and Kirk will be even better next year when there is someone in the low post that calls for a double team.

The bulls DO NOT, o repeat, DO NOT need another undersized big man. Tyrus thomas, al harrington, none of these guys are necessary. Deng has virtually the same build as them and as much potential and Noc is already our guy that can play both forward spots.

Lots of other posts left the bulls with garnett or aldridge or someone else too small or thin to play center.

We need bulk in the middle. Because there are no really really talented bulky centers, the bulls should sign mohammed or pryzbilla to be that guy.

For the pf spot i really want to see aldridge unless we can trade for someone like garnett or jermaine oneal, but those are very unlikely to occur.

With the second pick we will take a guard who needs size and defense who can come off the bench. Ronnie Brewer perhaps?

PG hinrich/duhon/free agent
sg gordon/#16 pick/deng (working on his shot)
sf deng/noc
pf aldridge/chandler/allen
C mohammed/chandler/schenscher (not a bad 12th man as a legit 7footer)

Not radically different from last year but this team is so young and has limitless potential. With bulk and size in the middle we are much better off defensively and with aldridge scoring down low you can expect ppg jumps from hinrich/gordon/deng/noc. This team is still hard working and very versatile as you can put aldridge, chandler at 4 or 5, noc at 3 or 4, deng at 2 or 3 and hinrich at 1 or 2. This team will be a top 4 team next year and after that be a contender.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (sport1016 @ May 7 2006, 01:21 PM)
There will be no blockbuster trades, simple enough

Also, a lot of proposed trades on this board leave the bulls without the 4th quarter finisher Ben is developing into. 

Our back court is great.  remember that Ben and Kirk will be even better next year when there is someone in the low post that calls for a double team.

The bulls DO NOT, o repeat, DO NOT need another undersized big man.  Tyrus thomas, al harrington, none of these guys are necessary.  Deng has virtually the same build as them and as much potential and Noc is already our guy that can play both forward spots.

Lots of other posts left the bulls with garnett or aldridge or someone else too small or thin to play center. 

We need bulk in the middle.  Because there are no really really talented bulky centers, the bulls should sign mohammed or pryzbilla to be that guy.   

For the pf spot i really want to see aldridge unless we can trade for someone like garnett or jermaine oneal, but those are very unlikely to occur. 

With the second pick we will take a guard who needs size and defense who can come off the bench.  Ronnie Brewer perhaps? 

PG hinrich/duhon/free agent
sg gordon/#16 pick/deng (working on his shot)
sf deng/noc
pf aldridge/chandler/allen
C mohammed/chandler/schenscher (not a bad 12th man as a legit 7footer)

Not radically different from last year but this team is so young and has limitless potential.  With bulk and size in the middle we are much better off defensively and with aldridge scoring down low you can expect ppg jumps from hinrich/gordon/deng/noc.  This team is still hard working and very versatile as you can put aldridge, chandler at 4 or 5, noc at 3 or 4, deng at 2 or 3 and hinrich at 1 or 2.  This team will be a top 4 team next year and after that be a contender.

I agree with most of what you said.... except you said that we do not need an undersized front court player..... Yeah it would be better to get taller of course... But size is overrated in this league.. I wouldnt mind having a guy like Sheldon Williams in this team.... And Tyrus Thomas isnt too bad... It all matters on what you do on the court... look at guys like Ben Wallace, and EBrand... theyre good because they are small and quick and have quick lateral movement to guard the pick and rolls, and are quick at rotating... And it doesnt really matter how tall a player is, it mostly depends on the player's wing-span and timming to get blocks... But i do agree that we definatly need a guy that can take some space down-low, and can bang in there....

And you said that Kirk and Ben will be better next year when the Bulls get a guy that calls for double teams.... We are not getting a guy that calls for double teams next year.... Theres no one in the draft, or in free agency that will do that for us next year... unless we trade for some1... But i really dont see that happening.... But yes, Ben and Kirk will be wayyyy better when teams know that they have to focus there defense also in the paint, instead of just focusing on the perimeter....
sport1016
I agree that height isn't the biggest thing, seeing as brand is 6'8 and ben wallace 6'9, but they both have bulk that neither al harrington or tyrus thomas have.

I just can't go through another season where we are getting pushed around down low night in and night out. I would rather see noc full time at pf then either of them because he has the bulk.

the double teams will come if we draft aldridge. If not next year, then the one after.

Remember, a lot of top rookies don't have the greatest first years because they are coming to a team where they are instantly the focal point. Whoever we draft is coming to a situation where he will have a specific role on an established team, and that situation is much more a breeding ground for instant success then being "the guy" from the start.

RANDOM: I hope we bring back AD as a bench player for veteran leadership, especially if we don't bring back othella, who stepped in for AD this year and took over that role.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (sport1016 @ May 7 2006, 02:49 PM)
I agree that height isn't the biggest thing, seeing as brand is 6'8 and ben wallace 6'9, but they both have bulk that neither al harrington or tyrus thomas have.

I just can't go through another season where we are getting pushed around down low night in and night out. I would rather see noc full time at pf then either of them because he has the bulk.

the double teams will come if we draft aldridge. If not next year, then the one after.

Remember, a lot of top rookies don't have the greatest first years because they are coming to a team where they are instantly the focal point. Whoever we draft is coming to a situation where he will have a specific role on an established team, and that situation is much more a breeding ground for instant success then being "the guy" from the start.

RANDOM: I hope we bring back AD as a bench player for veteran leadership, especially if we don't bring back othella, who stepped in for AD this year and took over that role.

Yes im with u that we souldnt get Al Harrington... i see him more as a small foward.... And yeah i do believe that Alridge will be a decent low post player that teams have to pay attention to, and that will help out both Ben and Kirk Tremendously.... I say we keep both of these players and be patient for the future... Great things will come with both of these players..
The Gladiator
I didnt feel like making a new thread for this but isnt this WEIRD?!?!?

“When he was in the seventh grade,” Jim Hinrich said, “his English teacher had them predict what they were going to do in 10 years. You were supposed to seal the envelope and then write on it, ‘Do not open until 2005.’ My wife opened it last summer, and one of his predictions was, ‘I’m going to be a starting point guard for the Chicago Bulls.’”

Link
Kalapse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 7 2006, 09:14 PM)
I didnt feel like making a new thread for this but isnt this WEIRD?!?!?

“When he was in the seventh grade,” Jim Hinrich said, “his English teacher had them predict what they were going to do in 10 years. You were supposed to seal the envelope and then write on it, ‘Do not open until 2005.’ My wife opened it last summer, and one of his predictions was, ‘I’m going to be a starting point guard for the Chicago Bulls.’”

Link

Shame he isn't a true PG or that might actually be a pretty cool coincidence.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7 2006, 06:14 PM)
Shame he isn't a true PG or that might actually be a pretty cool coincidence.

he could be in the right system... but Kirk is definatly a point guard... he just plays the Shooting position because of lack of a back up SG. He is forced to do that....
rangercal
Draft Aldridge
Draft Brewer
Sign Nene
Sign Antonio Davis

C Aldridge
PF NENE
SF Deng
SG Brewer
PG Hinrich

Bench
Gordon 6th man
Duhon
Nocioni
Chandler
Sweetney
Harrington
Allen
Davis
sport1016
i'm good with that except ben will probably start over brewer

i think he went to the basket and the foul line enough this series to realize it is the key to his success and that if he ever wants to be an all star he'll have to do it.

We will know how the bulls feel about ben as an all star candidate by how they use their second draft pick. If they draft a second big man then you can asssume the bulls are fine with simply using deng at sg for defensive purposes in stints and plan to have ben play early and often. If they draft someone like Brewer who should be a starter one day in the NBA it will show they have their doubts.
beck72
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7 2006, 11:22 AM)

I was talking about "top prospects" who busted their tails and played the game right. For that matter, trying to find many all-stars around the league who bust their tails night in and night out are hard to find as well.

I think Paxson and Skiles are looking for Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen type players. I know the Bulls have many of hard working players on their roster. now they just need some guys with more talent
SoxFan1
QUOTE (rangercal @ May 8 2006, 12:14 AM)
Draft Aldridge
Draft Brewer
Sign Nene
Sign Antonio Davis

C Aldridge
PF NENE
SF Deng
SG Brewer
PG Hinrich

Bench
Gordon 6th man
Duhon
Nocioni
Chandler
Sweetney
Harrington
Allen
Davis

Cough, cough, copy catter, cough, cough, sniffle, sneeze, cough,
BullsFan1961
Hey,

I think want Pax is going to do is draft Roy. That is the safe choice. He wants someone who can play NBA min. right away. Pax likes 4 year college players.

Next I think he will do a sign and trade for Gooden (~8 mil). Giving them the 16th pick and Sweetney and Duhon. He needs to do this to dump salary (about 6.5 mil or so) so he can sign two more free agents.

Next he will sign Mohammend(~8,Mil. contract) and Przybilla(~8mil). These are not great centers, but they are no great centers available.

He will do the option on Allen or maybe not?

If I understand the rules, Pax can still resign his qualifying bird free agents. Hasn't Songaila, Pargo, been in the league three years? I think Pax will sign these guys after he does the above transactions. He might keep Schenscher as a work in progress at the league min.

Do we not have the midlevel exception (5 mil) and the vet. min (1.6mil) to sign a veteran backup 2-3 type player and veteran pt guard? No guesses here.

So this is what we might have:

C - Przybilla, Mohammend, Chandler, Schenscher
PF- Gppden, Chandler, Songaila, Noc, Allen?
SF- Deng, Noc, veteran 2-3 (maybe Piatkoski if Pax can't find anyone else)
SG- Roy, Gordon, veteran 2-3 (I really think Skiles wants BG off the bench, BG may start at the beginning though
PG- Hinrich, veteran guy at the vet min., Pargo

So what have I gotten wrong here? Am I wrong on havign the midlevel? Can Pax not sign Songaila, Pargo after the other free agent signings and still have the midlevel exception and 1.6mil or whatever it is going to be?

Hey don't rip me too hard.

Just a BullsFan
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7 2006, 11:22 AM)

i think i know this one is it tyson lolhitting.gif unsure.gif tongue.gif
soxfan101
One guy ill be pissed about is if we sign Nene. I have no clue what everyone see's in him.... He is going to demand a huge contract and he has done crap in the NBA. Give me Al Harrington or Drew Gooden.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 9 2006, 12:44 AM)
One guy ill be pissed about is if we sign Nene.  I have no clue what everyone see's in him.... He is going to demand a huge contract and he has done crap in the NBA.  Give me Al Harrington or Drew Gooden.

I think Nene would be a good fit here in Chicago... He has an awesome work-ethic, and i believe the bulls have had some trades discussions w/ Denver about this guy before... So he seems like a paxson kinda guy..

But I only want Nene if we can pay him for about 8-9 mil a year... and about 4 or 5 years here... 5 year 45mil i guess deosnt sound too bad.... (compare to Chandler's 63 mil for 6 years blink.gif )

The good things about Nene:

-Good man to man defender
-very strong and has size, he's 6'11
-can play both PF and C
-A good passer for a big man(got 8 assisnt in a game)
-Good at stealing for a big man(average of 1.38stls in career)
-Can finish downlow strong(not afraid to dunk on somebody)
-Can dunk w/ one hand(if anyone doesnt know much about basketball, this is huge)
-Is Athletic... He seems like a kind of guy that has good lateral movement, and will be able to rotate quick in our type of defense

The bad things about Nene:

-Not a good rebounder (but we have Chandler, Deng and Noc that can help out, so it wont be a prob.)
-Isnt much of an offensive player, but not that bad...
-Could be better at blocking....

-A rotation of Chandler, Nene, and Alridge sounds pretty good to me... All guys are 6'11 and up cool.gif .....And have Malik in there for backup.

And please dont sign Al Harrington.. we already have Noc thats cheaper... we dont need an overpayed SF/PF... we need a PF/C..... Noc is a better defender, and a better rebounder than AH... And Noc has shown that he can be a pretty nice offensive player too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.