Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play fantasy Coach
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
The off season is beginning, but not before one final meeting. What do you give each player on the roster to work on during the off season? Do you put them on a strength program, agility, or shooting, or something completely different? Be creative!
Bullies4Life
Ben practice on Dribbleing the most.... and then some others things here and there... But dribbleling is the most important.... and find away to get taller! biggrin.gif

Kirk, keep on shooting.... and just polish up everything hear and there...

Chandler, where do i begin??... Ur soo good at everything!! haha Id tell TC to focus on gaining weight... try to add about 10 pounds at least... and shoot about 800 free throws a day in a row, and see how much he improves by next season.. and id practice on foot work and try to develop a consistent jump shot from around 10ft at least, away from the basket... And as the training camp is approaching, i would make him play pickup games w/ some high schoolers or college players, and make him be the go-to guy everytime... the offense has to run through him everytime!!... and lets see what he can do... And then by the time training camp starts, he would be in pretty good shape cool.gif

Luol, polish up everything.... and gain about 10 pounds w/ Chandler as ur partner....

Sweets, lose some weight, enough said...

Andres, polish up dribbleling... and shooting..

Duhon, shoot from everywhere, enough said.
bullssmilie1.jpg
SoxFan1
Kirk: Just work on overall game

Duhon: Shoot, shoot, shoot

Ben: Passing, Passing, Passing, Dribbling, Passing

Luol: Low-post game

Tyson: 12-18 foot jumpshots, low post offense, gain weight

Noc: Game situations, Dribbling

Sweets: Lose weight, work on low post defense

And to the entire team: Stay healthy and shoot a spiff-load of free freaking throws. THEY'RE FREE!
ChWRoCk2
Tyson Chandler: Work on low post and gain some weight, try to learn about what a foul is.

Sweets: Endurance

Ben Gordon: Be more consistent in scoring and share the ball.

Duhon: Shooting

Noch: Stop hogging ball
soxfan101
I tell them it doesnt matter what they do i got a big fat contract extension.
punkalexa
Hinrich: just keep working at the 3 point shots! You are almost there....

Gordon: We can't stay reliable on only 3's so please practice the 2 pointers

Nocioni: Please, and I do say please, hold on to the ball and stop throwing the ball EVERYWHERE!

Deng: Practice your shots

Sweetney: Okay you are getting better, so PRACTICE!!! Practice makes perfect..

Duhon: Okay stick with Sweetney and please practice yourshots.. throw a 3 once in a while don't be scared!

Chandler: I don't know where to start.. okay first of all get a tall guy and just play one on one then get a team and practice guarding the basket! Block some shots and don't be afraid to face anyone.. even Shaq!

to rest of team: practice!!!!!!! I told you this in the locker room, but I sooooo serious!

If you don't.. I have no clue what I am going to do with you!!! wink.gif
punkalexa
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 5 2006, 08:21 AM)
Ben practice on Dribbleing the most.... and then some others things here and there... But dribbleling is the most important.... and find away to get taller! biggrin.gif

Kirk, keep on shooting.... and just polish up everything hear and there...

Chandler, where do i begin??... Ur soo good at everything!! haha Id tell TC to focus on gaining weight... try to add about 10 pounds at least... and shoot about 800 free throws a day in a row, and see how much he improves by next summer.. and id practice on foot work and try to develop a consistent jump shot from around 7ft at least, away from the basket... And as the training camp is approaching, i would make him play pickup games w/ some high schoolers or college players, and make him be the go-to guy everytime... the offense has to run through him everytime!!... and lets see what he can do... And then by the time training camp starts, he would be in pretty good shape cool.gif

Luol, polish up everything.... and gain about 10 pounds w/ Chandler as ur partner....

Sweets, lose some weight, enough said...

Andres, polish up dribbleling... and shooting..

Duhon, shoot from everywhere, enough said.
bullssmilie1.jpg

LOL!!!!! biggrin.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 5 2006, 12:56 PM)
Tyson Chandler: Work on low post and gain some weight, try to learn about what a foul is.

WTF are you talking about when you say he is hogging the ball all he does is get points and drive to the basket like he is suppose to do.
The Gladiator
Hinrich- Court awareness,Driving to the hoop AND FINISHING! Also shooting

Duhon- Shooting, nuff said
Chandler- Shooting around the 7-10 foot range consistently with a good go to post move and around a 50% shooter. FREE THROWS and my number one thing is STRENGTH!! He needs to get stronger so he can bang around more and get even more rebounds.

Noc-3pt shooting and Mid Range jump shot. Keep improving his free throws and he could be an Allstar soon if he keeps improving this dramatically.
soxfan101
Honestly Id tell Deng to work on his outside shot.... that is the most important thing. If he develops a consistent outside shot we are in business.

Than I would try to work with Gordon being more consistent.

And finally Id tell Kirk to let your scoring come off of Deng/Gordon. Instead of trying to be the 1st option let yourself be the 3rd option. This would help Hinrich tremendously and he could even score more and more efficiently because of it.

Than id just hire a big guy to work with Chandler all off-season.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
What a fun topic to keep us occupied during the offseason lol.

Ben: Ball handling skills for sure & work on the D, and free throws.

Kirk: Shooting, work on those 3's

Duhon: Get that back healthy and start shooting

Nocioni: Passing, ball handling

Deng: When you get a chance at the basket, DUNK IT! Work on free throws, and finishing the ball.

Sweetney: Lose a few pounds, endurance is a good one too. Learn to take offensive fouls lol- dont be afraid to rebound too on the offense and defense.

Chandler: Upper body strengthening, work on catching the ball, passing the ball, and get a "little" offensive game if nothing else learn to get those garbage balls. Oh yeah FREE THROWS FREE THROWS FREE THROWS!!!

Pargo: Please pass the ball

Malik: Get healthy & work on your shot.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 5 2006, 11:16 PM)
Honestly Id tell Deng to work on his outside shot.... that is the most important thing. If he develops a consistent outside shot we are in business.

Than I would try to work with Gordon being more consistent.

And finally Id tell Kirk to let your scoring come off of Deng/Gordon. Instead of trying to be the 1st option let yourself be the 3rd option. This would help Hinrich tremendously and he could even score more and more efficiently because of it.

Than id just hire a big guy to work with Chandler all off-season.

Ben cant work on being more consistent in the off-season... he needs more experience on the court to get more consistent. biggrin.gif

As far as Kirk's shooting goes... he DID AN EXCELENT JOB SHOOTING AS MUCH AS HE DID.

First of all, we have no front court, so our guards have to carry the load in scoring... And if every team knew that Kirk just always passed, then the defense wouldnt really need to focus on him... all they would need to do is focus on Ben, and Luol, and Noc... It would make it too easy for teams to shut our offense down.

Just wait till we have a decent front line... Kirks game will be way better. And then he would look like a real point guard and will have the metality to pass first, shoot second. His FG% will be way better. But this year he was asked to shoot a lot...
Chi-town23-33
Hinrich - stop dribbling so much

Gordon - work on passing w/ situationals, ball handling and penetration

Deng - hit the weight room, work on dribbling and most importantly the jumpshot

Nocioni - the shots come around, now the handle

Duhon - surgery, surgery, surgery and then some shooting

Sweetney - lose weight, it will work wonders for your mobility

Chandler - gain weight and muscle

Pargo - cut down on the shots

Go Bulls! bullssmilie1.jpg
FromWayDowntown
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5 2006, 06:30 AM)
The off season is beginning, but not before one final meeting.  What do you give each player on the roster to work on during the off season?  Do you put them on a strength program, agility, or shooting, or something completely different?  Be creative!

Tyson Chandler - A NBA-DVD of Kareem Abdul Jabbar's - "How I learned to score over 38000 points while still helping my teammates defensively.......without the "third party lessons". Oh, and a 6-month tab to I-Hop to put on a few pounds, and a lifetime membership to Gold's Gym.

Andre Nocioni - A DVD on the 2005 NBA World Champions San Antonio Spurs, just to keep the fire going, as if he needs it! "Mira Chupa, mira a Manu Ginobili!!"

Chris Duhon - A book: Pat Riley's "The Winner Within".

Kirk Hinrich - A video/DVD collection of John Stockton's best moves, shots and cheap forearms, just to keep those James Posers away! Also the book: Leadership and Self Deception.

Luol Deng - Another lifetime membership to Gold's Gym, and some DVD shots of Sean Elliott, because that is what he closely resembles.

Ben Gordon - DVD of Michael Jordan's "Come Fly with Me".

Malik Allen - The book "The Leadership Challenge"

Michael Sweetney - ANOTHER lifetime membership to Gold's Gym, 24-Hr Fitness, and World's Gym, with a little bit of "Commando Survivor" sprinkled in there somewhere.

Jannero Pargo - Maybe find him a height pill?
nitetrain8601
Chandler - Retire so we don't have to pay you anymore. Please? Okay, well just eat like a fatass and show me you really are a hardworker because I just hear what you're doing, but yet, I haven't seen results. Stop working out in Cali and live at the Berto.

Nocioni - Whatever you've been doing, keep doing it!

Duhon - 500 jumpshots a day and his game would be leaps and bounds better. I'm talking all-star potential.

Kirk - Look at Duhon on how to play proper PG without losing composure. Keep practicing that jumper and learn how to drive. DUNK DUNK DUNK

Gordon - Keep practicing your all-around game. Concentrate a little more on defense as ya did last offseason, dunk when you go up for a layup. Practice more on ball-handling and passing. Made great strides this year.

Deng - Whatever it takes, stop being a puss and learn how to dunk on people. You have longass arms. Also, practice your jumper and workout. Have Ben find you a workout regime.

Sweetney - Get your conditioning down, that's it. You don't need to slim down, you just need to learn how to be able to last in a game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.