Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailblazers @ Bulls, 11/1/10
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
The 3-0 Blazers come to the United Center tonight, looking for their first loss. Will James Johnson and Omer Asik get rewarded with minutes in return for their good play, or will Thibs follow the VDN plan and bench them in response?
rockren
LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wanne
does GN broadcast different things local? I'm seeing it's on the NBA Channel (which luckily I have).
Wanne
Nice first quarter and nice to see Luol show up. God I love Joakim!
rockren
Lou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll gladly eat crow in regards to Lou if I have to.
Balta1701-B
What a mighty performance by the Bulls.

Incredible shooting night by Deng. Thing is...at least from what I saw, a whole lot of his looks were created by the DR1, who had a career high in assists, and by Deng actually moving around, rather than standing around near the 3 point line like he did in previous offensive incarnations. I wonder if that isn't the rule; if Deng moves, he'll have a good game, if he stands around he's ineffective.

DR1 has really, really stepped up his passing game. There were a few times on the break that he dumped off to feed Deng or one of the big guys, where in previous years he'd have just taken the contested shot. The ball movement right now is so much more effective than it was.

Another solid performance off the bench by Asik.

I couldn't really watch the whole game...not because there was other stuff on, but because there were SO many fouls called it made no sense to continue watching. Ugh. Made defense on Aldridge impossible, but the Bulls made up for that on the perimeter.

Boozer supposed to have his cast removed today.
Balta1701-B
Playbook: Bulls get a bucket to close the first half (aka...OMG, the Bulls ran something other than an isolation play to end a half!)
Wanne
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 2 2010, 06:39 AM) *
I couldn't really watch the whole game...not because there was other stuff on, but because there were SO many fouls called it made no sense to continue watching. Ugh. Made defense on Aldridge impossible, but the Bulls made up for that on the perimeter.

Yeah...that was getting pretty ridiculous. 60 total fouls called. Yes...people paid to see the refs...pffffffffft. Some of it was such ticky-tack crap it was ridiculous. I did the same thing though...would get bored and flip it over the the Giants game.

It was a very good game played by the Bullies though. Rose made some unreal passes last night. Dang that dude's fast. Fast Don't Lie!
rockren
I hate to point this out, but it deserves mentioning:

With the way Lou shot the ball and seemed open most of the night...what would Melo do with Rose? Yeah, it could have been the Blazers saying, "Make Lou beat us" (which is what I would do if I were coaching the other team) but after Deng had 16 in the 1st quarter- the Blazers made it a priority to STOP Lou (like running people at him, changing defenders), but it didn't matter. Rose got people open whenever he wanted just by being aggressive.

I am in the "Bulls don't need Melo Camp", however...if they could pull off a heist in where it is Lou/Taj and 1st Rounders in some sort of 3 way deal to land Melo in Chicago....mercy!

I don't believe it will ever happen and am thrilled in the direction to where the Bulls are going, but you'd have to think management asked themselves that question BEFORE last night's game and probably more so today.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rockren @ Nov 2 2010, 06:55 PM) *
I hate to point this out, but it deserves mentioning:

With the way Lou shot the ball and seemed open most of the night...what would Melo do with Rose? Yeah, it could have been the Blazers saying, "Make Lou beat us" (which is what I would do if I were coaching the other team) but after Deng had 16 in the 1st quarter- the Blazers made it a priority to STOP Lou (like running people at him, changing defenders), but it didn't matter. Rose got people open whenever he wanted just by being aggressive.

I am in the "Bulls don't need Melo Camp", however...if they could pull off a heist in where it is Lou/Taj and 1st Rounders in some sort of 3 way deal to land Melo in Chicago....mercy!

I don't believe it will ever happen and am thrilled in the direction to where the Bulls are going, but you'd have to think management asked themselves that question BEFORE last night's game and probably more so today.

I actually agree with you but I need to play devil's advocate on 1 issue...defense. Look at the Blazer's numbers last night. Thanks to getting guys in foul trouble, Aldridge destroyed the Bulls down low. Meanwhile, Brandon Roy had a game that was at best a "Meh" game. He scored 17, but was 4/12 from the field and only got those points thanks to the enormous number of fouls. Melo gives you that scoring, but the defense just isn't there.

I honestly think though that there's a good chance trade deadline time comes and some version of Taj + Deng + picks is the best deal on the table, and the Nuggets take it. And...I think that letting Gibson and Deng play this season with a real, legitimate coach and a real, legitimate offense and defense is going to be key in getting it done if it happens.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 2 2010, 06:05 PM) *
I actually agree with you but I need to play devil's advocate on 1 issue...defense. Look at the Blazer's numbers last night. Thanks to getting guys in foul trouble, Aldridge destroyed the Bulls down low. Meanwhile, Brandon Roy had a game that was at best a "Meh" game. He scored 17, but was 4/12 from the field and only got those points thanks to the enormous number of fouls. Melo gives you that scoring, but the defense just isn't there.

I honestly think though that there's a good chance trade deadline time comes and some version of Taj + Deng + picks is the best deal on the table, and the Nuggets take it. And...I think that letting Gibson and Deng play this season with a real, legitimate coach and a real, legitimate offense and defense is going to be key in getting it done if it happens.

You're absolutely right. Another phase to take into account would be how Melo compares to Lou in transition offensively. I guess that's the only phase offensively I can compare Lou to Melo.

The Nuggets sitting on their hands has and will play a big favor to the Bulls. It will allow them to evaluate Lou under Thibs. I'm just waiting for Lou to have a minor injury nag him all year long and settle for the 18 footers he shoots so poorly. I hope Lou proves me wrong, but I'd be surprised if that happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.