Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knickerbockers @ Bulls, 11/4/10
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Rose and company try to defend home court against the visiting Knicks and their newly overhauled lineup.
Balta1701-B
Bulls guard Derrick Rose failed to show up Tuesday to film a scheduled cameo appearance for CBS's "The Good Wife" in New York.

Sources said Rose refused to come out of his house in Chicago when the TV show's crew sent a car to pick him up Tuesday morning for a trip to the airport.

"This was very frustrating for the show's cast and crew because the production had been set, the script had been written, and actors including Josh Charles were on standby for him," a source said. "By the end of the day there was still no explanation why he didn't show or if he wants to do the scene at a later date."
WTF
rockren
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I really want this one considering it's the Knicks.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This should be a fun one. If we can stay out of foul trouble and play defense we should have no problem taking this one. I LOVE TNT Thursday!
Balta1701-B
Um, oops?
Balta1701-B
Bulls players with 20+ points and 14+ assists in the last 20 years:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Scottie Pippin
3. Derrick Rose.
MB33
we didnt come to play last night!
Balta1701-B
David Thorpe worries that the position of Rose's legs on that monster dunk last night could put him at risk for injury since he could come down totally off balance.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Meh.. Rose has been dunking like that his whole life, I wouldn't worry.
rockren
While the Bulls defense could have been better...

there isn't much you're going to do against a team when they're 16-20 from 3 late in the 4th while two players have career highs or near career highs out of the woodwork against you. Props to the Knicks for coming in and putting on a hell of a show.

With that said, Carlos Boozer WOULD have REALLY helped last night. I know he could have helped in all our games and future games, but we could have slowed the tempo a bit last night and have just thrown the ball into Booz more than we normally would. The Bulls should have still found way to slow the tempo considering the Kicks were flat out on fire. I know on most nights the Bulls could run the Knicks out of the gym playing that style, but not last night.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rockren @ Nov 5 2010, 06:43 PM) *
there isn't much you're going to do against a team when they're 16-20 from 3 late in the 4th while two players have career highs or near career highs out of the woodwork against you. Props to the Knicks for coming in and putting on a hell of a show.

Based on the highlights, I have to dispute this. Teams don't shoot 16-20 from 3 when they're shooting contested 3's. The reason they shot 16-20 is that the Bulls kept leaving them Open. D'Antoni's offense flat out got the Bulls defenders out of position over and over and over, and if you watch those 16 3's, it's repeatedly a guy wide open, his man having been moved away, with the defender realizing he's out of position and diving back towards the guy.

And the defender out of position on most of them is Derrick Rose.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 8 2010, 08:59 AM) *
Based on the highlights, I have to dispute this. Teams don't shoot 16-20 from 3 when they're shooting contested 3's.

A few of them were open, but pros miss open 3s all the time...the Knicks didn't miss any. They hit a few of them with little time left on the shot clock and they hit a lot of them in transition. Tony Douglas hit some TOUGH shots. If all you watched were the highlights...it didn't do the Knicks justice of how hot they were. Gallinari and Felton had combined to go 7-8 from three in the first half. Then Tony Douglas just went off in the 2nd half.

But hard to dispute the Bulls could have played better defense as I pointed out at the top of my post. The Bulls got beat primarily in transition, but the Bulls just couldn't slow the game down. Booz will help us in games like this in the future.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rockren @ Nov 8 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Then Tony Douglas just went off in the 2nd half.

It's specifically the 3's that he hit I'm talking about. If you watch the highlights, I don't think he made a single one where Rose was actually guarding him tightly. On almost every one, Rose was out of position when Douglas was fed the ball, and Rose had to dive back towards him on the shot.

You don't just make 16/20 by being ridiculously hot, you have to be mostly wide open as well. Douglas was wide open on almost every one.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 8 2010, 02:30 PM) *
It's specifically the 3's that he hit I'm talking about. If you watch the highlights, I don't think he made a single one where Rose was actually guarding him tightly. On almost every one, Rose was out of position when Douglas was fed the ball, and Rose had to dive back towards him on the shot.

You don't just make 16/20 by being ridiculously hot, you have to be mostly wide open as well. Douglas was wide open on almost every one.

People will often be wide open when they're 28 feet out...sorry we'll just agree to disagree. The Knicks played over their heads at the UC last Thursday night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.