Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Can Noc not start?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
This will be a problem that I forsee in the Bulls near future (Like Next Season Future) Because like ive said before at first I thought Deng was our best player but now I realize he needs alot more time to develop cuz hes only 20 yrs old. Noc is by far our best and most consistent player. Therefore he deserves to start as I think most of you would agree. BUT HOW? We are most likley going to draft and or sign a big name PF in the summer and Deng will probably start at the SF spot wich he should because hes young and will develop ALOT over the summer because he can lift again. But Do you think its possible for NOC to start at SG? I say no because hes not quick enough. So how will we use him coming into next season IUO?
bschmaranz
Noc at the two isn't really an option. I don't think he could handle guarding many of em. Deng at the two is certainly the more viable option, although I don't see him taking Gordon's spot in the lineup. Either way, Noc and Deng will be getting 30+ minutes a game and that's really all we can ask for at this point. They've definitely proven they can be on the floor at the same time so whether one comes off the bench or not really doesn't matter. Neither of them have any type of ego so they won't see it as an issue if they have to sit for the first 5-6 minutes of the game.

For something that's good (having two real solid SFs), it really does make folks nervous.
Bullies4Ever
i dont think noc should be starting at PF next year... i have no problem if he starts at SF.... but not PF...... hes too small to defend some of the big PF.....

but ill tell u what though... i have no problem seeing Luol playing SF and Noc playing PF at the end of the games....... because thats when Bulls out run their opponents... late in the games... thats why i like when Skiles uses that small lineup at the end of games... because seems like the Bulls always out hustle and out play the other teams in the 4th Q.... seems like they always have more energy at the end of games and exhaust the other team....

-Teams are filled with energy at the start of games.... (especially the Bigs who play a lot of minutes)

-at the end of games thats when Skiles plays the small lineup because the bigs always lose a step at the end... (they get worn out)

-therefore Noc is awesome at PF late in games... because he can spread the floor and make the bigs chase him.....

smile.gif
soxfan101
Yeah I think Deng should start at SF and Noc on the bench. But I have no problem with Nocioni playing a lot of minutes during the game at PF as long as it isnt too big of a mismatch.
Doze06
I dont really think it matters who starts. As long as they get some pt. I mean it doesnt really mean anything if they play 6 minutes and then someone else comes off the bench for the next 42 minutes...I dont really think its that important as long as you give your best player the most time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.