Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls @ Lakers, 12/25/11
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Balta1701-B
Balta1701-B
3 minutes, 2 fouls for Rip Hamilton.
Balta1701-B
Rose gets his first field goal with 6:45 on the clock. In the 2nd quarter.
Balta1701-B
Bulls shooting 18% in the 2nd half.
rockren
The Bullies stole one on Christmas in a really sloppy game. The game didn't flow well on either side of the floor and that favored the shorthanded Lakers. However, anytime you're able to win in LA against Kobe/Gasol while only making 8 or so shots in the 2nd half.....you're really good.

*My game ball has to go to Loul Deng. You can't defend 24 any better than that.....there were plays where Kobe hit tough shots and was flat out brilliant...while there were other plays Kobe walked all over the place and nothing was called ( I don't mean to dig at Kobe here, but he got away with way too many steps several times)- yet we never saw Lou gripe to the refs once. Not once. All of these rumors in the past for Anthony and the new rumors for Howard need to stop. Lou is the most underrated player in basketball and the Bulls need him to guard LeBron if they'll ever have a shot at beating the Heat. The steal off the inbound play was the biggest play of the game.

*A game like this is why I've liked Derrick Rose ever since the Bulls drafted him. Yeah he's unreal, but a superstar like him is such a rarity because of his humble attitude. That was a national TV game on Christmas in LA (where Rose resides) against Kobe and the Lakers. Rose could have come out and made everything about him, but that is the last thing he did. He constantly deferred until they absolutely needed a score and then took the big shot at the end of the game. Even his halftime and post game interviews on the floor he was asked questions about him and he replied with “we”. There was rust here and there, which I attribute to the shortened off-season....but he made it look easy at times.

*The box score showed Jo going for 3-12, although he missed about 5 tip-ins and I felt Jo's effort was fantastic. He looked good in the post at times as well- you can tell he's put work in during the off-season. While Jo's stats weren't the greatest- he had a great game considering the cheap early fouls that occurred earlier in the game. He gets hosed in receiving help from Boozer defensively as you can constantly hear Noah yelling, “Come on, Booz” during the play....that brings me to my next point.

*No more excuses from Boozer this year- he stunk again yesterday. He had a nice groove in the 2nd quarter, but that was it. He has to absolutely dominate McRoberts and he really didn't- I'm not sure if the Boozer apologists will blame his toe, ankle or wrist here.......Booz stunk again. If this season goes as last year did- it will be Booz's last in Chicago as he'll receive the amnesty provision. I still don't understand the point to playing Booz down the stretch when the Bulls are behind- it'll be Rose taking the shots and getting us back in the game so no need for Boozer offensively and that makes Booz useless.

*Props to Asik, but the bench wasn't as sharp as they usually are. I don't anticipate this to be a problem moving forward.

*Rip got hosed on some calls early, but was deliberately grabbing jerseys late in the game while playing defense. He may not have his legs yet (many players don't), but I do think he'll fit nicely with Rose and will see more of how well he fits tonight when the Warriors bring Ellis and Curry to trap Rose at half court like they did last year forcing Rose into his worst game of the year. Smart is no longer the coach (which is a travesty), but we'll see if Mark Jackson is competent enough to look at last year's film.

You can put it on the board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.