Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls-Heat Rivarly
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
GreatScott82
The Heat are on fire and the Bulls are keeping pace. I was talking to my friend today at work and we were duscussing ways to defeat the Heat this year. I honestly think we are still short that one extra star. When the Heat stopped double teaming Rose last year and LeBron was guarding him 1-on-1, nobody else was getting open and we were in trouble. Can this team muscle there way past the Heat this year?

The thing that bothers me is that everyone knows D. Howard would be an amazing fit here, but for whatever reason, Chicago isn't on his "choice list". Is he a moron? This is a big market and would have the opportunity to possibly win 3-5 titles with D. Rose.

I love this team, because thats what it is, a true team! However, this league is star driven and for us to get by the "big three", we need to form at least a "big two" and Dwight Howard would be the final ingredient to a championship puzzle.
rockren
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 10 2012, 06:21 PM) *
The Heat are on fire and the Bulls are keeping pace. I was talking to my friend today at work and we were duscussing ways to defeat the Heat this year. I honestly think we are still short that one extra star. When the Heat stopped double teaming Rose last year and LeBron was guarding him 1-on-1, nobody else was getting open and we were in trouble. Can this team muscle there way past the Heat this year?

The thing that bothers me is that everyone knows D. Howard would be an amazing fit here, but for whatever reason, Chicago isn't on his "choice list". Is he a moron? This is a big market and would have the opportunity to possibly win 3-5 titles with D. Rose.

I love this team, because thats what it is, a true team! However, this league is star driven and for us to get by the "big three", we need to form at least a "big two" and Dwight Howard would be the final ingredient to a championship puzzle.

As much as I hate to admit it- I have to agree with you in I don't believe the Bulls will beat the Heat this year, but they still very well may do so. The Heat don't scare me....and they don't scare the Bulls, either. I believe the Heat will win it this year and next year, too. After that, though...it very well could be the Bulls time as Rose actually comes into his prime and LBJ/Wade start to come down from theirs. We could argue all day about LBJ/Wade still being in their primes for another 5 years.....but LBJ is a good 270lbs right now (all muscle and buff as hell, but a knee/foot injury and he'll never be the same as he gets older) and Wade is very beaten up. Don't get me wrong- their situation is boarderline perfect...but not a lock to win 5 plus titles by any stretch. Just my .02 on that and if you disagree...no big deal.

In reference to Howard not wanting to come to Chicago...I agree with a few of the articles out there speculating that Adidas has a lot to do with it. Howard's deal is up with Adidas next year and they won't re-up with him if he is #2 behind Rose in Rose's market whom Adidas has locked up for life. I can't think of any other reason why Howard wouldn't even consider Chicago because if he considered Chicago....he'd be a Bull.

I'm not so sure Howard is the answer as if you trade Lou...who guards Bron (and Wade at times)? If the Bulls dealt for Howard it would have been Noah/Lou/Taj and picks for Howard/Turkaglu. The Bulls wouldn't be better RIGHT NOW in their chance of beating the Heat with that trade. I'd rather roll and see what happens with our guys as you said they're a TEAM. Probably my favorite sports team ever because of how hard they work every single night. I'd hate to break that up so quickly.
Balta1701-B
If Dwight Howard were willing to come to the Bulls and pledge to sign an extension, then it doesn't matter what package other than one including Rose it takes to get him, you can always find a way to fill in the gaps.

There's just no sign so far that he's willing to do that. And there's nothing we can do while posting on a message board to convince him otherwise. Forman has made it as clear as he could that they at least showed interest, but you can't trade Deng or Noah + a ton more for Howard and then have him sign with New Jersey or Dallas this summer. Destroys any chance you really have of winning with this version of Rose's team.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 11 2012, 09:11 AM) *
If Dwight Howard were willing to come to the Bulls and pledge to sign an extension, then it doesn't matter what package other than one including Rose it takes to get him, you can always find a way to fill in the gaps.

I'm positive the Bulls agreed with you....Noah/Lou/Taj and picks is as good as the Bulls can do while taking back Turkaglu.

I don't blame everyone for saying they'd do it and understand I'm in the minority of not wanting to make that deal. It's all moot due to Howard not wanting Chicago.
Wanne
QUOTE (rockren @ Jan 11 2012, 01:05 PM) *
I don't blame everyone for saying they'd do it and understand I'm in the minority of not wanting to make that deal. It's all moot due to Howard not wanting Chicago.

Actually I'm with ya rocken...I'm just not sure he fits in with a "team concept". Great player...but just not worth gutting a team for.
rockren
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/di...ght-howard-land

Dwight winds up in Chicago before the deadline

Only one team rep I encountered was prepared to list Chicago as the favorite to land Howard, but a couple others openly wondered why Howard is so reluctant to add the Bulls to the Nets, Lakers and Mavericks on his list of preferred destinations.

The only plausible theory, unless Howard is so vehemently averse to Chicago weather, is the theory in circulation about adidas urging Howard not to play alongside Derrick Rose so its two biggest shoe-sellers don't wind up in the same city.

One source in Reno said of the Bulls: "They've got so many pieces to work with [headlined by Joakim Noah] and they're very interested. I don't think [the Bulls] are going away, either. They're not going to be convinced they can't get Dwight until he goes somewhere else."

GreatScott82
QUOTE (rockren @ Jan 15 2012, 06:04 PM) *

WOW!! Should be interesting. I wonder if he can just opt out of the addidas deal and go to another shoe brand such as Reebok or Nike?!?
pettie4bulls
I am drinking the Kool-Aid and saying the Bulls are winning this year if they remain healthy. The main problem last year with the Bulls is that they had no one to put the ball in the basket other than Rose. With the addition of Rip Hamilton, they add a scorer who has a ton of playoff experience, can play defense, and score. He may not be some freak of nature but he's very capable of filling a role that Bogans couldn't.

You've heard it here first. The Heat are going down this year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.