Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA Free Agents 05-06 and 06-07....CBF
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
The reason im posting 06-07 is what I think quite possibly will be the greatest free agent year in a long time for the NBA. But First Let me post the 06 free agents. Well atleast the ones worth posting.

Top 06 Free Agents..

Al Harrington
Amare Stoudemire
Ben Wallace
Bonzi Wells
Caron Butler
Chris Wilcox
Drew Gooden
James Posey
Mike James

Top 07 Free Agents

Andres Nocioni
Antonio McDyess
Carmelo Anthony
Antwan Jamison
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwyane Wade
Jalen Rose
Kirk Hinrich
LeBron James
Mike Bibby
Mike Sweetney
Vince Carter

WOW!!
Bullies4Life
Amare isnt a free Agent this year... If only there were good players in this years free agents compared to 2007 sad.gif ... that would be awesome, but its too bad...
ZoomSlowik
Half of those guys, maybe more, will not even hit free agency.
Kalapse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 7 2006, 11:08 PM)
Half of those guys, maybe more, will not even hit free agency.

You mean Dirk, LeBron, Wade and Ben Wallace aren't comming to Chicago??? LIES!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7 2006, 05:56 PM)
You mean Dirk, LeBron, Wade and Ben Wallace aren't comming to Chicago??? LIES!

The only one I see that we have a chance with is Wade, just because hes a hometown guy. And Shaq will be gone after this year more than likely so he may want to look elsewhere.
JPargo
All of those 07 guys will be re-signed by their teams. Bosh already said that he will re-sign with the rapters. I think Jalen rose will retire and the only guy that wont be re-signed by his team will be Antonio McDyess. And then again he might also retire. oh By The Way... its Antawn Jamison not antwan
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 7 2006, 06:07 PM)
The only one I see that we have a chance with is Wade, just because hes a hometown guy. And Shaq will be gone after this year more than likely so he may want to look elsewhere.

Since when is Shaq leaving after this season?... huh.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (JPargo @ May 7 2006, 06:48 PM)
All of those 07 guys will be re-signed by their teams. Bosh already said that he will re-sign with the rapters. I think Jalen rose will retire and the only guy that wont be re-signed by his team will be Antonio McDyess. And then again he might also retire. oh By The Way... its Antawn Jamison not antwan

Jalen Rose and Antonio McDyess retiring?? huh.gif I highly doubt it....
ZoomSlowik
Well, I'd guess we'll re-sign Noc and Hinrich, which takes two guys off the list. Billups, Dirk, James, and Wade will almost certainly be signed very early. I could conceivably see Anthony, Bosh, Bibby, and Carter being FA's, although the odds are VERY slim. Jamison is probably the best that hits the market, and even he might be re-signed.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 7 2006, 07:11 PM)
Since when is Shaq leaving after this season?... huh.gif

He said most likely.. Uh if you dont know shaq is 35 and hes 7'1 300+ pounds, His knees are bad and hes getting way up there in age. He himself said these are his last few years in the league. I think he will be gone the year after next. Lebron I can see both ways, he may want to go to a big market team like Chicago where he gets more money from endorsements and things or he may think the Current Cavs can make a run at the title in a couple years and decide to stay. I would be estatic if we signed him. It would break the bank and I dont even think it would be POSSIBLE to sign him.
Bullies4Life
the guy said, "And Shaq will be gone after this year more than likely." Is he saying theres a good chance that Shaq is leaving Miami after this year?... I dont see that happening anytime soon... When is Shaqs contract over? anyone know?
The Gladiator
$20,000,000 4 Link Thats the only place I could find it.
Bullies4Life
I mean how many years does he have left. Sry for the misunderstanding biggrin.gif
sport1016
He just signed a five year 100 million contract before this year

so he has four left.....

i think he will probably play 2 more years

the only way we get wade is if shaq's injuires limit him to even less games next year and they lose in the next round this year and don't go far next year and the heat haven't locked up wade by then

that is a lot that needs to happen for us, don't count on it

as for lebron, it makes sense for him to go from a small market team to a big market team that would be a contender if he shows up, but for the lone fact that that small market team is in his home state makes it not even worth discussing
nitetrain8601
Okay people must have missed my post on next year's FA class, so I'll make one last post regarding it.

WE CANNOT SIGN ANY OF THOSE FA'S UNLESS IT'S DONE BY SIGN AND TRADE AS OUR CAPROOM WOULD BE DIMINISHED BY THAT TIME

Paxson has already said he won't trade our core. To get a Wade or LeBron in a S&T would mean we would have to give up at least Hinrich in either of those deals. I doubt many people want to give him up and I know Paxson doesn't as he's already hinted to keeping Hinrich til he retires.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 8 2006, 08:32 AM)
WE CANNOT SIGN ANY OF THOSE FA'S UNLESS IT'S DONE BY SIGN AND TRADE AS OUR CAPROOM WOULD BE DIMINISHED BY THAT TIME

Think they'd take Chandler?
nitetrain8601
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 8 2006, 11:27 AM)
Think they'd take Chandler?

He'd have to play very well and at that, Paxson would then probably not trade him anymore. Our best hope is trading Chandler for an expiring contract and that will give us capspace.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 8 2006, 08:32 AM)
Okay people must have missed my post on next year's FA class, so I'll make one last post regarding it.

Paxson has already said he won't trade our core. To get a Wade or LeBron in a S&T would mean we would have to give up at least Hinrich in either of those deals. I doubt many people want to give him up and I know Paxson doesn't as he's already hinted to keeping Hinrich til he retires.

Will our cap room be dimished? Would we be allowed to sign the FA's before we signed our own in house guys.

I guess the only major risk would be the chance of our in house guys walking before we signed them.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8 2006, 10:52 AM)
Will our cap room be dimished? Would we be allowed to sign the FA's before we signed our own in house guys.

I guess the only major risk would be the chance of our in house guys walking before we signed them.

Of course, the nice thing in the summer of 07 is that as far as I know, Hinrich can't walk without us having a chance to match whatever deal he is offered.
Chi-town23-33
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 7 2006, 06:07 PM)

If Wade came to the Bulls I don't know what I would do. No offense, but he is who Paxson wanted all along in the 2003 Draft.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ May 8 2006, 05:07 PM)
If Wade came to the Bulls I don't know what I would do. No offense, but he is who Paxson wanted all along in the 2003 Draft.

He wasnt alone.. ph34r.gif
Alpha Double Negative
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 8 2006, 10:32 AM)

This is what bothers me about the WAIT TIL 07 posts. Besides Oden, we really have no shot at signing a big name free agent for a number of reasons

-We wouldn't have the caproom anymore
--This would mean that we did nothing this offseason
--This would mean that we traded away at least a few of the following for expiring contracts: Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Our draft picks this year, Chandler
---Our team would be crippled if we traded all the good players we have for an outside chance at this team being amazing in a couple years
-All of the good players on that list will be resigned

The only base the wait til 07 idea has is that Oden might be in that draft, and we might have a chance of getting him with the Knicks pick. We can't really sway things too much there by our own doing.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Alpha Double Negative @ May 9 2006, 11:12 PM)
This is what bothers me about the WAIT TIL 07 posts. Besides Oden, we really have no shot at signing a big name free agent for a number of reasons

-We wouldn't have the caproom anymore

See, there's 1 point here on which you are wrong. Our cap room is not going to disappear until either the cap goes down (not likely) or we sign someone or trade for someone.

So, the first moment our cap room will go down will be either:

1. We sign a FA
2. We sign Kirk Hinrich.

The Bulls are able to spend the money to sign Kirk regardless of whether or not we sign someone else before him. So in other words, we can still sign a FA early in the 07 offseason, as long as we do it before someone else tries to offer Hinrich a deal (which clearly we'd have to immediately match.)
Alpha Double Negative
I don't know exactly how the cap works but that's pretty shocking and unfair if we can sign a player before we match the offer on one of our restricted free agents.

Additionally, I have other reasons listed why I don't think we will have the caproom or a remote shot at those players.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Alpha Double Negative @ May 10 2006, 07:51 PM)
I don't know exactly how the cap works but that's pretty shocking and unfair if we can sign a player before we match the offer on one of our restricted free agents.

Additionally, I have other reasons listed why I don't think we will have the caproom or a remote shot at those players.

It may not sound fair but that's how it works...it's a "Soft cap", not a hard cap. You're allowed to spend more than the cap if you're spending it to sign your own players or if you're adding on salary during a trade.
Alpha Double Negative
I know you can go over the cap, I'm just saying about matching an offer sheet after spending cap money. You'd think the order would be reversed and you'd have to pay your own guys first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.