Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: people are starting to compare
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Kalapse
I don't know what the hell he's talking about, I think it's pretty damn obvious that Adam Morrison will be just as good if not better than Larry "Spike Lee was right" Bird.
ZoomSlowik
"People" are smoking crack.

Of course the article really isn't saying that he's the next Larry Bird, and the comparison is really to Dave DeBusschere.
Chi-town23-33
I'm really sick of all this comparison talk to people who are retired. It seems ever since MJ stepped off the court the NBA has been searching for guys to market for cash. It's just getting annoying to me.

That's my short little rant.

Anyway, I'm not really sure about Noc and Dave DeBusschere.
punkalexa
I can understand that they want to compare players, but for me each player is different.. they should try to stand out above all the other great players.. not sure I make much sense..
Cute Little Bulls Fan
QUOTE (punkalexa @ May 7 2006, 10:18 PM)
I can understand that they want to compare players, but for me each player is different.. they should try to stand out above all the other great players.. not sure I make much sense..

That makes complete sense, I am so sick and tired of the comparisons of is Kobe like MJ or LeBron is exactly like MJ...no he isnt...lol I think Noch will be Noch and that is good enough for me.
punkalexa
QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ May 8 2006, 07:21 AM)
That makes complete sense, I am so sick and tired of the comparisons of is Kobe like MJ or LeBron is exactly like MJ...no he isnt...lol I think Noch will be Noch and that is good enough for me.

Totally! It's for players to be themselves! bullssmilie1.jpg
The Gladiator
Larry Bird is the comparision to the Best ever if your a white player. If your black then its MJ.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 8 2006, 07:34 PM)
Larry Bird is the comparision to the Best ever if your a white player. If your black then its MJ.

They do that in all sports. If you are a white linebacker, they compare you to white linebackers, etc...it's kind of pathetic.
hammerhead johnson
You know, I love Nocioni just as much as the next guy, but Jesus freaking Christ...you don't compare him to a top 10 player in NBA history (Bird) or one of the Top 5 defenders of the 70s (DeBuscherre)

Although that ain't saying much in Dave's case, as the 70s were a lousy defensive era (the only exception being the early 70s Knicks).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.