Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rose Rehab Ahead of Schedule
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Jake
Is this just fluff or might we see a quicker return than some have expected?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...cording-surgeon

"Derrick is ahead of schedule," Cole said in a phone conversation Wednesday night. "This was part of the plan established before surgery. This was not a consultation with another physician, but rather it's working with another therapist in collaboration with the Bulls' training staff."

Cole also brushed aside speculation that Rose has had a setback in the process.

"Nothing could be further from the truth," Cole said. "He's ahead of schedule. [The rehab] is a way to keep things fresh for Derrick, to help give him some variety."

This was in the context that he's going to visit a therapist at Dr. James Andrews' joint in Alabama.

2nd_city_saint787
From what I keep reading it wouldn't surprise me in the least. When is next years season starting anyway? Nov. 1st like normal?? If he comes back a month before seasons end there could be some noise made in the playoffs.

EDIT: Oh wow check out that turrable sig lol forgot all about that
Jake
The fan in me wants to believe that Derrick is immune to normal healing schedules, but I suppose he is. It may be weird to see Derrick out there for a couple months next year without a quick first step, etc. It may turn him into a real point guard.
2nd_city_saint787
Along with becoming a real PG hopefully there's a time in his rehab where all he can do is shoot and it forces him to come back a better shooter.

Quinarvy
It wouldn't shock me if if Rose has a quick recovery. He's an amazing athletic specimen, great work ethic, young, and there are medical advances. Adrian Peterson seems to be returning from his ACL tear pretty well, he's apparently already back to his old speed.

I can see Rose back in January.
Jake
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 21 2012, 08:34 PM) *
It wouldn't shock me if if Rose has a quick recovery. He's an amazing athletic specimen, great work ethic, young, and there are medical advances. Adrian Peterson seems to be returning from his ACL tear pretty well, he's apparently already back to his old speed.

I can see Rose back in January.

That AP stuff is certainly interesting.

I can think of several reasons why the Bulls would want to trot Derrick out there as soon as possible, but I keep hearing that they'll play it conservatively.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21 2012, 08:46 PM) *
That AP stuff is certainly interesting.

I can think of several reasons why the Bulls would want to trot Derrick out there as soon as possible, but I keep hearing that they'll play it conservatively.

I really hope they do. I don't care if we're the 7th or 8th seed next year, I want Rose to be healthy.
Balta1701-B
But he also took a visit to Dr. James ANdrews, which points in the opposite direction.
Jake
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 22 2012, 07:39 AM) *
But he also took a visit to Dr. James ANdrews, which points in the opposite direction.

The article in the OP says that he isn't seeing Andrews himself, that he's ahead of schedule and they sent him to a different therapist as a change of pace since he gets a sort of cabin fever in Chicago all the time. Could be a smoke screen, but I don't see the motivation in falsely building expectations to only be proven wrong later.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22 2012, 10:05 AM) *
The article in the OP says that he isn't seeing Andrews himself, that he's ahead of schedule and they sent him to a different therapist as a change of pace since he gets a sort of cabin fever in Chicago all the time. Could be a smoke screen, but I don't see the motivation in falsely building expectations to only be proven wrong later.

There's a pretty clear motivation...if you can make teams think rose will be back next year, then the Bulls look less desperate to remove expensive players once trades are possible. Thus, if someone wants Deng, they have to give up something useful to get him, because the team keeps telling everyone Rose will be back and they'll gun for the title.
Jake
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 22 2012, 09:18 AM) *
There's a pretty clear motivation...if you can make teams think rose will be back next year, then the Bulls look less desperate to remove expensive players once trades are possible. Thus, if someone wants Deng, they have to give up something useful to get him, because the team keeps telling everyone Rose will be back and they'll gun for the title.

That's a good point. I'm not sure what to think really. The recovery for ACL tears is pretty straightforward, you really don't hear about guys being unable to come back anymore. Perhaps he isn't ahead of schedule, but it probably doesn't matter. I hope they don't conceal TOO much, it will alienate fans that are already hurt by the Rose injury and the playoff disappointment.
madisonsmadhouse
Just forget about Rose next year. Even if he is playing, he won't be Derrick Rose.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22 2012, 10:22 AM) *
That's a good point. I'm not sure what to think really. The recovery for ACL tears is pretty straightforward, you really don't hear about guys being unable to come back anymore. Perhaps he isn't ahead of schedule, but it probably doesn't matter. I hope they don't conceal TOO much, it will alienate fans that are already hurt by the Rose injury and the playoff disappointment.

This is the Chicago Bulls we're talking about. They sold out the biggest stadium in the league when the team was winning 20 games a season.
Jake
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 22 2012, 09:54 AM) *
Just forget about Rose next year. Even if he is playing, he won't be Derrick Rose.

I can't be a fan if I don't have some sort of hope that there will be flashes of brilliance.

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 22 2012, 09:57 AM) *
This is the Chicago Bulls we're talking about. They sold out the biggest stadium in the league when the team was winning 20 games a season.

Maybe I'd benefit from some lost interest, so I could afford going to games more often than my usual "1 every 5 years" pace

(same with the Blackhawks)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.