Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls listed as potenial spot for Roy
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent guard Brandon Roy.
Jake
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 26 2012, 08:51 AM) *
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Chicago, Dallas and Indiana among contenders pursuing free agent guard Brandon Roy.

I was always fond of him, but honestly haven't heard his name for a while. Is he healthy?
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26 2012, 08:52 AM) *
I was always fond of him, but honestly haven't heard his name for a while. Is he healthy?

He's visiting Kobe's knee doctor, though some medical experts are saying it'll do nothing for Roy.

But if the Bulls work him out and he looks good...why not?
madisonsmadhouse
In the Bulls cap position, you are forced to take on a few more lottery tickets than most teams. This would be a lottery ticket. If he hits, it would be f@#$ing huge. If not, it is only a year or two at a low number.
Jake
This seems like a worthy gamble, but I'm sure he won't be getting any money right? I don't think anyone would give this guy mid-level money...but this is the NBA where guys like Kwame Brown make a hundred million in a career
justBLAZE
I feel like he should visit the doctor first before making any statements about wanting to come back.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 27 2012, 03:29 AM) *
I feel like he should visit the doctor first before making any statements about wanting to come back.

I'm sure he has visited more doctors in the past year than I have in my lifetime.
knightni
To be honest, I have no interest in Roy.

He looks like a waste of money.
ZoomSlowik
I doubt he'll be anything close to his old self, and if he is he'll get more than the tax-payer MLE.
2nd_city_saint787
On a 1 year contract in what many consider a write off year I can't see it hurting the Bulls at all but it could potentially help. What kind of shooter was he?? Did he get most of his points driving to the basket or was he a good mid range guy??
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 10:52 AM) *
On a 1 year contract in what many consider a write off year I can't see it hurting the Bulls at all but it could potentially help. What kind of shooter was he?? Did he get most of his points driving to the basket or was he a good mid range guy??

When he was 100% healthy, he was an all-around stud. He could convert off the drive and got to the line quite a bit, he was a very good mid-range shooter and could still score even if he didn't get all the way to the rim on a drive, and he was serviceable from deep.

He wasn't very good his last year though, which is probably closer to what you can expect. His attempts at the rim were way down, and he didn't shoot as well from any range either. Even if he rebounds as a mid-range shooter, he's going to be a lot easier to cover without the threat of the drive.
rockren
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27 2012, 11:02 AM) *
When he was 100% healthy, he was an all-around stud. He could convert off the drive and got to the line quite a bit, he was a very good mid-range shooter and could still score even if he didn't get all the way to the rim on a drive, and he was serviceable from deep.

He wasn't very good his last year though, which is probably closer to what you can expect. His attempts at the rim were way down, and he didn't shoot as well from any range either. Even if he rebounds as a mid-range shooter, he's going to be a lot easier to cover without the threat of the drive.

In his prime he was an elite 2G....I don't know of many players that would go into Boston and call out Paul Pierce the way he did on the floor and walk away winning the battle.

However- the main aspect for me to look at is the Blazers have NO interest in him. I understand they now have Wes Matthews and there isn't a need for Roy, but you'd think they 'd want to be that first team to give him another chance.......but they're not.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 10:39 AM) *
In his prime he was an elite 2G....I don't know of many players that would go into Boston and call out Paul Pierce the way he did on the floor and walk away winning the battle.

However- the main aspect for me to look at is the Blazers have NO interest in him. I understand they now have Wes Matthews and there isn't a need for Roy, but you'd think they 'd want to be that first team to give him another chance.......but they're not.

Because of issues with insurance and NBA bylaws, Roy couldn't return to the Portland Trail Blazers (as he pointed out on Conroy's Twitter feed) until the 2014-15 season, when the contract extension he signed in the summer of 2010 ends.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...42332--nba.html
rockren
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 27 2012, 11:52 AM) *

Well that certainly explains a lot! Thanks!
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 27 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Well that certainly explains a lot! Thanks!

Yup no problem, just read that this morning so I thought I'd share.
Jake
It's really just all about the money. If he's cheap enough, I'd love to give him a look. If he's wanting multiple years or >$3M....I'm probably saying we should pass him on to the next team.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Doubt the Bulls end up with Roy. There will be a team that offers more than the veteran's minimum and he'll go there. I for one would rather give his minutes to some young player that's going to be here long term. Roy doesn't make a ton of sense given how unlikely it is that the Bulls are legit title contenders this season and perhaps next season as well.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2012, 02:01 AM) *
Doubt the Bulls end up with Roy. There will be a team that offers more than the veteran's minimum and he'll go there. I for one would rather give his minutes to some young player that's going to be here long term. Roy doesn't make a ton of sense given how unlikely it is that the Bulls are legit title contenders this season and perhaps next season as well.

I don't know why any team would hamstring themselves by offering a decent fraction of their MLE.
Jake
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2012, 01:01 AM) *

At some point you need to just try to win instead of writing off the next two seasons. Bringing Roy in at a low price (think of swapping him and Ronnie Brewer) could be huge if he was anything like his young self. If he's not, then he's just a bench player or someone that it wouldn't hurt to cut loose.
Balta1701-B
Roy agrees with the T-Wolves.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 6 2012, 08:06 AM) *

Good for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.