Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bird leaving Pacers
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > NBA Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.indystar.com/article/20120626/SPORTS04/120625056

Larry Bird has decided to call it quits as president of the Indiana Pacers.

Bird is “100 percent sure” he will not return as president of the team, a person with direct knowledge of the situation told The Star on Monday.

Bird spoke like he was planning to return for another season during his season-ending news conference last month.

“(I want to talk to Simon about) the direction of the team, what kind of job he thinks we’re doing, if there’s anything he sees that we should be doing better,” Bird said May 30. “Just a number of questions. I’ve got a lot of them written down to ask him, and hopefully we can get the answers we like and move on.”

Bird, who is dealing with some health issues (back and shoulder), will likely take a year off before deciding if he wants to return to any sort of front-office position.

His departure comes just three days after The Star reported that Bird’s predecessor, former CEO Donnie Walsh, is expected to return to the franchise in some capacity. There’s a possibility Walsh will take Bird’s title of president.
madisonsmadhouse
Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
Pacers announce that David Morway has "resigned" as general manager.

Jake
Cleaning house it looks like. Let's get Granger then, fish it smile.gif

They had a nice little team that was well-coached, in my opinion. Not a high ceiling but you could see how they took advantage of the Heat when the Heat gave them a window.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Cleaning house it looks like. Let's get Granger then, fish it smile.gif

They had a nice little team that was well-coached, in my opinion. Not a high ceiling but you could see how they took advantage of the Heat when the Heat gave them a window.

Really, you think they're breaking that team apart? I think they might be content to try to run with it and compete for another year or two and at least wind up with playoff births and maybe another 2nd round appearance.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 27 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Really, you think they're breaking that team apart? I think they might be content to try to run with it and compete for another year or two and at least wind up with playoff births and maybe another 2nd round appearance.

Definitely. If Hibbert gets a little better and/or Paul George develops (a lot of people seem to think he'll be very good), they could be dangerous. Obviously things can change, but right now they look like the 2-seed for next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.