Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hawks pushing Smith for Gasol
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > NBA Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/27/hawks-la...sol/?xid=si_nba

Report: Hawks trying to get Pau Gasol from Lakers in trade for Josh Smith

Josh Smith would give the Lakers some much-needed athleticism. (Scott Cunningham/NBAE via Getty Images)

Earlier on Wednesday, we told you about the reports that the Los Angeles Lakers were trying to move into the top 10 of Thursday’s NBA draft, and were dangling forward Pau Gasol as trade bait. Mike Bresnahan of the L.A. Times reports that the Lakers “covet” Kentucky small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, which means that L.A. would have to get into the top five to ensure landing him.

If the Lakers’ trade demands (a top-10 pick and a veteran?) aren’t met, perhaps they’d be open to taking just the veteran: Bresnahan reports that the Atlanta Hawks have been “aggressively” trying to peddle forward Josh Smith to L.A. for Gasol. Atlanta first expressed interest in the Spaniard after the Lakers were eliminated in the Western Conference semifinals.

Bresnahan writes that if L.A. did the deal, the team would lose height, but gain athleticism, youth and dollars.
Balta1701-B
Seems like a fairly reasonable move for both sides actually. Something would have to be included to offset Gasol's additional salary though.
Jake
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 28 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Seems like a fairly reasonable move for both sides actually. Something would have to be included to offset Gasol's additional salary though.

This. Interesting deal.

How about the Bulls grab Joe Johnson biggrin.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Apparently the Lakers want a high draft pick, and an established player for Gasol. Excuse me while I lol.
Steve9347
That would be a great trade for both teams.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2012, 01:53 PM) *
Apparently the Lakers want a high draft pick, and an established player for Gasol. Excuse me while I lol.

Some team will do it. The Lakers always get some team to gift them trades.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 03:34 PM) *

They got a team to gift the Pau Gasol AND Chris Paul. Thankfully, the NBA nixed that last one.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28 2012, 05:09 PM) *
They got a team to gift the Pau Gasol AND Chris Paul. Thankfully, the NBA nixed that last one.

And Magic. And Kareem. And Wilt. And Worthy. And Kobe.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Ahem.

Called this one.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 4 2012, 10:35 PM) *
Ahem.

Called this one.

Good call, lol.

I want Josh Smith on the Bulls, somehow, someway, I wanna have the pleasure of seeing him, Taj Gibson, and Joakim Noah playing together for for the next x amount of years.

Would getting rid of Deng and Boozers contracts give them enough money for him should he be a free agent next year?
ZoomSlowik
Smith has played like 90% of his minutes at PF since 2006-2007. Heck, he's played more C than SF since then.
Jake
I'm not eager to get Josh Smith, honestly. Another player that won't create a shot and will make a ton of money. Some of these are okay, but I don't know why we should bend over backwards to get one.
2nd_city_saint787
but...defeense and stuff..im intoxicated
Jake
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 5 2012, 10:37 PM) *
but...defeense and stuff..im intoxicated

creating new thread for you in "shoot the bull"

lolhitting.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.