Tyshawn Taylor will be a Bull tonight.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/statuses/218383590059294720

True or misdirection?
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2012, 12:18 PM) *
True or misdirection?

No idea.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Can't imagine the Bulls would leak this sort of information out like that. Unless that guy who KC Johnson re-tweeted talked to GarPax personally, I am more than skeptical. How does he know what 28 other teams are going to do before the Bulls make their pick? What if someone they like happens to fall? Too many variables to say for sure who the pick is going to be.

If it is Tyshawn Taylor, I would hope that it meant the Bulls moved up before 29 to get a SG, because that's what they need more than anything, unless you expect Rip Hamilton to play 40 minutes a night and not get injured.
WHarris1
I like Tyshawn Taylor and think he would look good on our roster and I would be happy with the selection. That said, if he is the pick at 29 I hope we acquire another late first or early second rounder to add a guy like Doron Lamb and then you have a very solid draft and two needed backcourt contributors.
Steve9347
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2012, 01:05 PM) *
I like Tyshawn Taylor and think he would look good on our roster and I would be happy with the selection. That said, if he is the pick at 29 I hope we acquire another late first or early second rounder to add a guy like Doron Lamb and then you have a very solid draft and two needed backcourt contributors.

I agree. Taylor will be a nice perma- backup point once Rose comes back, but I'd love to see something addressed that will help our team improve WITH Rose on the court.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2012, 12:42 PM) *
Can't imagine the Bulls would leak this sort of information out like that. Unless that guy who KC Johnson re-tweeted talked to GarPax personally, I am more than skeptical. How does he know what 28 other teams are going to do before the Bulls make their pick? What if someone they like happens to fall? Too many variables to say for sure who the pick is going to be.

If it is Tyshawn Taylor, I would hope that it meant the Bulls moved up before 29 to get a SG, because that's what they need more than anything, unless you expect Rip Hamilton to play 40 minutes a night and not get injured.

I am guessing it had nothing to do with the Bulls, and everything to do with either Taylor or his agent.
2nd_city_saint787
Not against the Ty Taylor pick but hes projected to be a mid-late 2nd round pick (nbadraft.net has him @ #56)...I wish they could trade Korver or Brewer for a pick around there. Taylor and D. Lamb/Jenkins would be a nice draft without trading up.
WHarris1
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Not against the Ty Taylor pick but hes projected to be a mid-late 2nd round pick (nbadraft.net has him @ #56)...I wish they could trade Korver or Brewer for a pick around there. Taylor and D. Lamb/Jenkins would be a nice draft without trading up.

I'm always skeptical of nbadraft.net. DraftExpress has Taylor going 35th overall
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28 2012, 02:25 PM) *

Do the Bulls have a 2nd round pick?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 28 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Do the Bulls have a 2nd round pick?

No.
Steve9347
Actually, KC Johnson re-tweeted that to whomever updated that thread title. I will change accordingly.
rockren
I'd be surprised at this considering the Bulls have played their hands well in recent years.
2nd_city_saint787
Did he work out for the Bulls?? After reading more on him he sounds like a taller JL3, Id rather go with Tony Wroten if hes still there. A true PG would be nice.
Jake
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 28 2012, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28 2012, 01:25 PM) *

These are my thoughts. Not a terrible pick, but doesn't address as large of a need. The upside on this player doesn't matter because he'll never start after this season. Would rather see him go in the second round.
Quinarvy
I'd like him if we used another asset to trade up and get Ross or Lamb. If he's our only pick of the night, and depending on who remains on the board, I'll dislike it.

We need to address the SG hole. Not backup PG at the moment.
Balta1701-B
Here's a big Truehoop piece on him. Sounds like a guy Thibs would like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.