Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 NBA Draft OFFICIAL THREAD
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ZoomSlowik
Figured I'd do another thread since the other one is 6 pages. Throw all your random running commentary in here.

So I just opened my first beer of the night and it exploded all over the place. Bad omen?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Hoping for at least 2 picks in this draft. A combo guard plus a shooter would be satisfying. I still think they could pull off a trade into the early twenties with someone like Denver, who already has a full depth chart.
Jake
I have the Sox game on my television, is there a good website to follow the draft in real time?
Steve9347
Apparently, Jared Sullinger has "bulging dicks".
Steve9347
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Figured I'd do another thread since the other one is 6 pages. Throw all your random running commentary in here.

So I just opened my first beer of the night and it exploded all over the place. Bad omen?

I am already 4 beers in, this should be a good evening.
ZoomSlowik
They really love David Stern.
ZoomSlowik
It annoys me that they put the team with the first pick on the clock. They've been "on the clock" for months. Just announce the pick and save some time.
Steve9347
WHOA THEY TOOK DAVIS
Quinarvy
MKG...that was unexpected.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 06:50 PM) *

I thought for sure they'd take Robinson instead of someone good. Makes me think they traded it. lolhitting.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 06:50 PM) *

I called it.

http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3446
Quinarvy
My guess is Beal goes next, then the Cavs have a tough decision.
Jake
Check my stats
Quinarvy
Wizards might actually make the playoffs next year.
ZoomSlowik
Beal and Barnes (yeah, I'm assuming) are going to have a much easier time as rookies playing with actual PG's instead of the crap in Charlotte.
Jake
Waiters surprises me.
ZoomSlowik
WOW. REEEEEAAAAACCCCCHHHHHH.
Quinarvy
That was unexpected.
Quinarvy
If Barnes drops to 8...Calderon + 8 for Deng looks really attractive.
Quinarvy
T-Rob.

No shock there.

Who goes six? Drummond?
Jake
Well...no trades yet.

Sacto may have been hoping Robinson would fall to them.
Quinarvy
Get on the phone with Toronto now.
Jake
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 06:12 PM) *

Barnes would certainly work at 8.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 07:12 PM) *

GS has been rumored to be after SF's all off-season. I'd be surprised if they don't go Barnes (then again, they wanted Jordan bad before they got Bogut too).
Quinarvy
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 07:15 PM) *
GS has been rumored to be after SF's all off-season. I'd be surprised if they don't go Barnes (then again, they wanted Jordan bad before they got Bogut too).

If any team f***s up, it's Golden State.
Jake
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 06:15 PM) *

Anyone worth it you think if Barnes goes at 7 for the Bulls at 8?
Quinarvy
Well, there goes Barnes.

I'd think about dealing for Calderon + Lamb...but I think Bulls stand pat.
ZoomSlowik
Lamb would be interesting, but I thought I heard some rumblings about his shoulder being an issue?

I kind of warmed to him, though he needs to work on his consistency and shot-selection, attack the rim better.
rockren
Barnes would have been a wonderful fit for the Bulls could they have pulled off a move to send Deng to Golden State and take back some salary.

Ah well.
Jake
Why no Rivers for the Bulls? Just no defense and too much need for the ball, I suppose
Quinarvy
Move anything outside of Noah, Deng, and Taj to nab Lamb. He's my favorite possibility in the draft.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28 2012, 07:26 PM) *
Why no Rivers for the Bulls? Just no defense and too much need for the ball, I suppose

I'll quote Chad Ford's take on him from an article on Grantland, which was just too awesome to ignore:

Here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act...

Lillard is a willing passer. Rivers isn't and will never be. Lillard made dramatic improvements from year to year. I thought Rivers was the exact player in college that he was in high school. Lillard is a team player. He was the second most efficient player in college basketball DESPITE being the only decent player on his entire roster; teams game planned to stop him and him alone every night. I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.

Steve9347
Drummond is sick at 9.
Quinarvy
Ok GarPax, try and get Lamb.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28 2012, 07:30 PM) *
Drummond is sick at 9.

Yep. Crazy size and athleticism. Even if he's DeAndre Jordan 2.0, that's pretty good value at 9. If by some miracle he figures it out, Detroit becomes scary. If you drafted based on YouTube highlights, he'd go #2.
Jake
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Yep. Crazy size and athleticism. Even if he's DeAndre Jordan 2.0, that's pretty good value at 9. If by some miracle he figures it out, Detroit becomes scary. If you drafted based on YouTube highlights, he'd go #2.

If you gave him Meyers' post game, he'd have gone at 1
ZoomSlowik
I really don't get why you take Austin Rivers if you already have Eric Gordon.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 07:36 PM) *
I really don't get why you take Austin Rivers if you already have Eric Gordon.

They think Gordon will walk?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 07:40 PM) *
They think Gordon will walk?

He's restricted, so they can match.
Quinarvy
Pick could work if Leonard stops being lazy.

Like the draft for Blazers.
Jake
Congrats to Meyers. I really think he's going to be one of the best players to come out of this draft. True star potential and despite the way he sometimes acted on the court, he is really a great kid.
Quinarvy
Think the Rockets might deal a pick for Lamb?
Quinarvy
Damnit.
Jake
I think the picks are getting too late now to make it worth moving Deng for one.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28 2012, 07:49 PM) *
I think the picks are getting too late now to make it worth moving Deng for one.

Yup.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Pretty anti-climactic draft so far. No trades through 12 picks.
madisonsmadhouse
the #2 pick of MKG really made guys like Robinson and Barnes drop.
Quinarvy
Bye bye Nash.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 28 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Pretty anti-climactic draft so far. No trades through 12 picks.

Update your images, none of them are working.

Also, I like TalkBulls and am glad it is back.
ZoomSlowik
Philadelphia now has like 8 SF's on the roster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.