Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could the Bulls be making a run at Eric Gordon/Alexy Shevd?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Quinarvy
The Hornets drafted Austin Rivers...who doesn't fit next to Eric Gordon at all.

Eric Gordon and Rose have been friends for a while, playing on the same AAU team together.

And Gordon is a RFA...I know it's a complete longshot...but maybe the Bulls are thinking about amnestying Boozer or sign and trading their unguaranteed contracts and signing Gordon?

This is all wild speculation on my part.

Edit: Meanwhile, Alexy Shved is a free agent SG. Good size and athleticism.

ZoomSlowik
I don't see any way they could get him. They can't offer him a legit FA deal, and I doubt they have enough assets to get NO to trade him.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28 2012, 11:00 PM) *
I don't see any way they could get him. They can't offer him a legit FA deal, and I doubt they have enough assets to get NO to trade him.

Well, if Gordon tells NOLA he will absolutely not play for them, which based on them picking Rivers and how he sat most of last year when he probably could have played, the Bulls can offer Brewer + Watson + Korver + Cats Pick. They can keep any of the trio they receive or not pick up the options and just get cap space.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Well, if Gordon tells NOLA he will absolutely not play for them, which based on them picking Rivers and how he sat most of last year when he probably could have played, the Bulls can offer Brewer + Watson + Korver + Cats Pick. They can keep any of the trio they receive or not pick up the options and just get cap space.

There's really no reason for them to even think about it unless they can minimally get Taj and the Charlotte pick. 3 role players isn't going to entice them. Cap space isn't an issue, they'd already have room for Gordon and another max deal next year.

I also doubt that he intentionally sat out longer than he had to in a contract year.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Eric will be a restricted FA, I don't think he's going anywhere. They have a nice young core of players that they can build around. I personally feel like Austin is more of a 6th man type in this league than he is a starter. EG can handle the PG duties better than Austin although I do not expect them to share the floor much together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.