Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adelman out in Sacramento
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Linky

Rick Adelman is apparently out as the head coach of the Sacramento Kings.

According to sources, and also reported on the Sacramento Bee Web site, Adelman will be relieved of duties at a 6 p.m. ET news conference. Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie is expected to make the announcement.

Adelman was without a contract after the Kings were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs by San Antonio.

Adelman has won 752 games in his NBA career, which has included stops in Portland and Golden State as well as Sacramento.
bschmaranz
Bad move in my opinion, he's always been an upper-tier coach in my book.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 9 2006, 01:50 PM)
Bad move in my opinion, he's always been an upper-tier coach in my book.

Sometimes even an upper-tier coach becomes stale if he stays in the same spot too long.
SoxFan1
Its not the stale coach, the management had deteriorated the team. First, Divac. Then, Christie. And Webber. And Stojakovic. And Jackson.

Divac, Webber, Stojakovic, Christie, Bibby = Good ass team.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 9 2006, 02:58 PM)
Its not the stale coach, the management had deteriorated the team. First, Divac. Then, Christie. And Webber. And Stojakovic. And Jackson.

Divac, Webber, Stojakovic, Christie, Bibby = Good ass team.

Good ass team? The 36 year old Doug Christie, the 38 year old and retired Vlade Divac, the 33 year old Chris Webber who never recovered from his injury? Yeah, that'd be a great team right now!

Good ass team 5 or 6 years ago. That team got old though. The Kings eventually had to do something to try to move on.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 9 2006, 05:13 PM)
Good ass team? The 36 year old Doug Christie, the 38 year old and retired Vlade Divac, the 33 year old Chris Webber who never recovered from his injury? Yeah, that'd be a great team right now!

Good ass team 5 or 6 years ago. That team got old though. The Kings eventually had to do something to try to move on.

Well of course now it is an old team but 3 or 4 years ago, it was the best starting 5 in thr NBA no doubt. The only reason they underachieved was due to injury.
B-4-Bulls
I think they should have kept him. He did a great job after the Allstar Break when they got Artest. They can be a great team if they just hold all their pieces together and get a Allstar Caliber Big Man
SoxFan1
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ May 9 2006, 09:20 PM)
I think they should have kept him. He did a great job after the Allstar Break when they got Artest. They can be a great team if they just hold all their pieces together and get a Allstar Caliber Big Man

Thats not their problem. They need an identity. Bibby, Wells, Artest, Sheed, and Miller is a solid starting 5. They need to improve their D, big time. A defensive minded coach would make that team click. Miller IS an all-star caliber big man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.