Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thibs says Deng will NOT have surgery
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
WHarris1
Thibs was on with Silvy & Waddle and said that he believes Deng will not be having wrist surgery after the Olympics.

Pretty great news if true
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Thibs was on with Silvy & Waddle and said that he believes Deng will not be having wrist surgery after the Olympics.

Pretty great news if true

My thoughts are mixed on this.
rockren
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 29 2012, 12:36 PM) *
My thoughts are mixed on this.

+1
WHarris1
That was my initial reaction too, but I trust the Bulls FO is smart enough not to just say f*** the surgery and have him back out there playing through horrible pain again
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29 2012, 01:38 PM) *
That was my initial reaction too, but I trust the Bulls FO is smart enough not to just say f*** the surgery and have him back out there playing through horrible pain again

The only way this makes sense is if DRose is actually going to be back and near 100% by the time January rolls around, IMO.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I hope he's not just doing this because he doesn't want to miss any regular season time. His wrist better be 100% healed or this was a horrible decision.
Quinarvy
Ok, trade his ass now.

He wasn't too great after his wrist got torn, so this does nothing to help the Bulls.
Jake
Good news, I assume he's only doing this because he doesn't need it. I'm sure it wasn't a decision he made alone.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 29 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Good news, I assume he's only doing this because he doesn't need it. I'm sure it wasn't a decision he made alone.

I believe the Bulls did ask him to skip the Olympics because of his hand and were told no, right?
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 29 2012, 02:21 PM) *

Is a wrist surgery something that usually works? With all of the small muscles, ligaments, and tendons, that scares me.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 29 2012, 03:57 PM) *
Is a wrist surgery something that usually works? With all of the small muscles, ligaments, and tendons, that scares me.

it worked on his other wrist.
Jake
I don't know what the Bulls had to do with this decision, but I'm sure Luol has talked extensively with at least 1 qualified medical professional to inform the decision. I'm sure Lu has no interest in playing hurt next year.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 29 2012, 01:03 PM) *
The only way this makes sense is if DRose is actually going to be back and near 100% by the time January rolls around, IMO.

I agree.

I don't think its a bad angel to see if Rose comes back in January, the season isn't lost and the wrist isn't excruciating....then fine.

If however they find out Rose won't be back until March at best and the season is already going down the tubes in January he can just have surgery then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.