Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say This Scenario Happens....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
The Gladiator
This is hypothetical, so plz dont flame me for any content u disagree with..

Ok say We draft Lamarcus Aldridge. We sign Al Harrington and Drew Gooden. We let go of Othella,Pargo,Piatkowski and Basden. We resign Kirk to an extension and resign Luke Schenscher!

With our 16th pick we draft Shawne Williams. IMO that would be a great draft because with Williams' versatility he can play positions 1-4 and in this position he would most likely play the 2!

Now, Aldridge quickly adapts to Skiles' scheme and wins Rookie of the year ended the season scoring 14.2 ppg and 8.4 rbpg. Williams ends the year at 8 ppg 3 rbpg and 1 blkpg. Luol Deng becomes an Allstar averaging exactly what my sig says 20ppg and 10 rbpg (Wich I think hes very capable of). Would this be your dream Scenario?

PG Hinrich 16ppg 8 astpg
SG Gordon 18ppg
SF Deng 20 ppg 10 rbpg
PF Harrington 15 ppg 5 rbpg
C Aldridge 14 ppg 8 rbpg

Discuss YOUR dream senario right here.. And remember, no flaming! bringit.gif wink.gif
SoxFan1
I don't see the point of signing Gooden AND Harrington but OK. My ideal scenario is Aldridge/Brewer, Nene, and Davis. Of course, Aldridge wins ROY. Bulls win championship. smile.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 9 2006, 06:09 PM)
I don't see the point of signing Gooden AND Harrington but OK. My ideal scenario is Aldridge/Brewer, Nene, and Davis. Of course, Aldridge wins ROY. Bulls win championship. smile.gif

I just think Gooden would be a great off the bench player that will snare down defensive boards and block shots. I dont see much of a drop off from Harrington to Gooden, its just a matter of Gooden playing the bench wich is unlikely.
The Dude Abides
I dont think we'll go after Gooden. I dont see him fitting in on this team. Other than that my only major disagreement is with Deng. He is going to be a great player, but as we saw in the playoffs, he is still very raw. I think that is too much to expect from him next year. look for deng to come off the bench and challenge for 6th man of the year award. Noch will start at sf. He is way ahead of Deng in every aspect of his game. Noch will be the leader of this team and make his first all star appearance. Look for Noch to put up his playoff numbers all season long..

Hinrich 14pts 8 asst
Gordon 17 pts
Noch 22 pts 10 reb
Harrington 19 pts 8.5 rb
Aldridge 13 pts 6 reb

Deng 18 pts 7rebs 4 asst
Chandler 4pts 7rebs 5.4 fouls per game
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 9 2006, 07:15 PM)
I dont think we'll go after Gooden. I dont see him fitting in on this team. Other than that my only major disagreement is with Deng. He is going to be a great player, but as we saw in the playoffs, he is still very raw. I think that is too much to expect from him next year. look for deng to come off the bench and challenge for 6th man of the year award. Noch will start at sf. He is way ahead of Deng in every aspect of his game. Noch will be the leader of this team and make his first all star appearance. Look for Noch to put up his playoff numbers all season long..

Hinrich 14pts 8 asst
Gordon 17 pts
Noch 22 pts 10 reb
Harrington 19 pts 8.5 rb
Aldridge 13 pts 6 reb

Deng 18 pts 7rebs 4 asst
Chandler 4pts 7rebs 5.4 fouls per game

no way, im srry but I disagree. You must remember Deng is 20 YEARS OLD and it was his first playoff game. Watching him this year was honestly like watching the whole team last year, except you just expect Deng to keep the pace up with the rest of them.

He will play much better next year in the playoffs because he will have that much needed experience. I see Chandler getting worse and worst next year rather than better and better. This will be the stories over the summer.

Chandler will gain 10 pounds of muscle mid way through the offseason. He will then quit lifting and lose most of that muscle beginning of the season. He will work on his free throws but not his footwork/hand eye coordination and it will be the same thing as this year exept he may get 1 or 2 more attempts at the free throw line and will come off the bench because Aldridge will take his spot at Center.

Next year Tyson Chandler best case senario stats... 10ppg 12 rbpg ( pray.gif )
Worst case 6 ppg 7 rbpg 1 blkpg ( mecry.gif )

Aldridge will IMO become a NBA Starlevel Player..

Aldridge Rookie Season statistics:
Year 1.. 14.2 ppg 8.4 rbpg 1 blkpg (Rookie Of The Year)
Year 2.. 16.4 ppg 9.0 rbpg .9 blkpg
Year 3.. 20 ppg 10.2 rbpg 1.3 blkpg *Allstar Appearance*
Year 4. 22 ppg 10.6 rbpg 1.4 blkpg *Allstar Appearance*
Year 5 21 ppg 10.4 rbpg 1.2 blkpg
Bullies4Life
I see Deng averaging about 15-16 points.... And about 6rbs next year. And he wont make the All-Star game. Maybe in about 4 years or something.... Im just being realistic... Of course it would be awesome if he did Average 20 points and 10 rebounds tho. cool.gif

Noc will average about 14-16 points and about 6-7 rbs next year. And if he did average what he did in the playoffs, that would be great. cool.gif
Alpha Double Negative
No way I can think of any dream scenario that would have Al Harrington in a Bulls uniform.

Anyways, Aldridge will be pretty decent I think. 20/10 in his third year is probably stretching it a lot. I think he's a tad overrated, though still the best selection as far as big men go.

I see our team next year as something like

Hinrich 16 ppg 7 apg
Gordon 19 ppg
Deng 15 ppg 6.5 rpg Noch 14 ppg 7 rpg(in less minutes than Deng)
Chandler 7ppg 10rpg 1.5bpg
Aldridge 9-11ppg 5-6 rpg

A well balanced line up, but still no one sticking out in particular. I still think having big men is a more glaring weakness than a tall two guard, so I hope we can trade up to get another decent big man in the draft. I'm not horribly sold on Aldridge, but know too little about Splitter or Bargiani. That being said, I have full confidence in Pax to make the right moves no matter what they may be. Right now, I think Aldridge is a pretty likely scenario. If not, all is not lost.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (Alpha Double Negative @ May 10 2006, 12:57 AM)
No way I can think of any dream scenario that would have Al Harrington in a Bulls uniform.

Anyways, Aldridge will be pretty decent I think. 20/10 in his third year is probably stretching it a lot. I think he's a tad overrated, though still the best selection as far as big men go.

I see our team next year as something like

Hinrich 16 ppg 7 apg
Gordon 19 ppg
Deng 15 ppg 6.5 rpg Noch 14 ppg 7 rpg(in less minutes than Deng)
Chandler 7ppg 10rpg 1.5bpg
Aldridge 9-11ppg 5-6 rpg

A well balanced line up, but still no one sticking out in particular. I still think having big men is a more glaring weakness than a tall two guard, so I hope we can trade up to get another decent big man in the draft. I'm not horribly sold on Aldridge, but know too little about Splitter or Bargiani. That being said, I have full confidence in Pax to make the right moves no matter what they may be. Right now, I think Aldridge is a pretty likely scenario. If not, all is not lost.

Welcome bullssmilie1.jpg

I can tell you know a lot about basketball, and a lot about the bulls, because i pretty much agree w/ everything you said biggrin.gif And i really hope Pax does everything he can, to get Alridge.... I wouldnt be dissapointed if we got Bargs tho.

Yeah it would be awesome if Alridge averaged 20/10 his 3rd year, but i also think thats stetching it... IMO Im still thinking this is gonna be more of a perimeter kinda team for a little while more... I see Luol(especially him), Ben, and Noc still getting better, and will still be used the most. I think these players are all gonna be something special....and this year, they found out that they have to drive in, in order to get calls.... and when things arent going right, just keep driving in. In the beginning of the year, they werent really doing that, and we were losing a lot...(went 10 games under .500) I personally see Alridge averaging 20pts, or something close to that, in his 5-6 season.....

In Alridge's 3rd year, i see him averaging about 14-17 points... I say about high 15pts hopefully.... and about 7-9 boards.... I think With Chandler and Noc and Luol out there, its gonna be hard for any bulls player to average high rebounds.... cuz they are all good at it...

That being said, it would be awesome if Alridge did average 20 points his 3rd season... I mean he does seem like a kinda guy that might be able to do that in the future... but not that soon...
Please prove me wrong Alridge!! bringit.gif
Bullies4Life
And please no Al Harrington! biggrin.gif he's not the guy for our future... we wont win a Championship w/ him playing PF.... He's a SF/PF that just creates mismatches... we already have Noc for that! cool.gif
ZoomSlowik
A couple of things...

Going back to the original post, Shawne Williams is strictly a small forward. He's a lot like Deng, only more athletic and with a weaker jumpshot. Not exactly a great fit.

There is no way Loul Deng averages 20 and 10 next season. He still needs quite a bit of work, and he relies on the jumper more than most elite scorers. It's even less likely because he doesn't shoot many threes or hit a high percentage of them. Something more like 16 points and 6 or 7 rebounds is more realistic, and even then the points might be a little optomistic. Also, Noc is good, but not that good. He's probably not going to average more than 16 points or 8 boards per game in the NBA. He averaged 13 and 6 this year, so even that would be a decent jump.

Neither of these guys go to the free throw line enough to be an elite scorer. Only 6 of the 27 qualifying players that averaged more than 19 points per game shot fewer than 4.5 free throws per game, and none averaged less than 4. Deng and Nocioni attempted 3.5 and 3 respectively. That's a lot of potential points that they aren't generating. They'd also need to drastically increase the number of shots that they take. Deng averaged 12.2 attempts per game, Nocioni averaged 10.1. The lowest total for anyone that averaged 19 points per game or more was 14.1. Skiles isn't too likely to put up with those two taking that many shots. Neither of them is going to be a star next year, and I'd say Nocioni doesn't really have the potential to reach that level in the future.

Harrington is an okay addition, but he's not a long term answer. He's really a small forward playing out of position, kind of like Nocioni. He also didn't put up the greatest numbers on a weak Atlanta team. I'd say that if we signed him, 17 points and 7 boards is the most that we could expect, and he might struggle to reach that point total because of the Bulls' shot distribution (I doubt he gets 16 attempts per game here).

LaMarcus Aldridge is also not too likely to average 14 a game as a rookie. I'd say 12 is his ceiling, with somewhere in the 8-10 range being the most realistic. However, I'd say he DOES have the potential to average 20 and 10 (or somewhat close to that) in his 3rd year. He's an extremely talented player that will be very tough to handle with some work in the weight room. His ceiling is very similar to that of guys like Chris Bosh (probably the most similar to him), Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire.

As long as we get Aldridge in the draft, that's about all I really need for my dream scenario. I'd also like to see us hold on to our cap space since there aren't really any major impact players on the market, but I won't complain too much if we sign Harrington.
Bullies4Life
My Dream Scenario...

Bulls pick up LaMarcus Alridge and Sheldon Williams... I dont care how we get em..... just GET THEM!.....if we have to trade Sweets, this years picks, Future second round picks, or even the rights to switch picks w/ New York... (can we trade this?) Get em both!

-I see Sheldon being a nice role player for us in the future... and how many potential superstars do we need??! We are gonna need role players in the future...

-I say we pick up Deshawn Stevenson... he's a nice defensive player that wont need to get paid much, and wont steal a lot of playing time from our main core... he's a pretty desent slasher because he doesnt have the best jump shot... a slasher and a tall defensive minded guy is welcomed here in Chi-Town.

-We sign Nene, OR Pryzbilla for only 2 years... I dont care if we have to over pay them for just those 2 years...

I smell Block parties coming up if we get Sheldon(averaged almost 4 blks his senior year), Alridge(averaged 2blks), Chandler(everyone knows he's not that bad), and Pryzbilla(has had games when he gets nearly double digit #'s)

Well, i like Nene a little it more because he's faster, and better lateral movement to rotate, and defend pick and rolls....Anyways, i think the Bulls need some tall beef down low and either one of these guys could fit in.... later on we can decide if we should keep em... or go a different direction...

-My last move is to sign Antoio Davis for one year... i dont think he should cost that much... And im not expecting him to play much anyways... just there for the locker room and veteran leadership... teach the young guys how to be proffesional... and veteran leadership to Chandler to keep his head in the game...And one more thing... keep Malik Allen...

I think these moves could be possible... and would help out right now, and for the Future...
ZoomSlowik
I'd avoid Williams. He's an undersized PF with no offensive skills whatsoever, and he's a rather ordinary athlete. He'd basically be a more defensive oriented version of Sweetney, although he's not too likely to be a major shot-blocker because of his limited size, wing span, and athleticism.

DeShawn Stevenson isn't really even a decent defender, his only asset is scoring. He doesn't solve our problem.

Pryzbilla would be a collosal waste of money, and there's no way he'd take a two year deal. Someone is going to be dumb enough to give him Tyson Chandler like money. The only problem is he isn't as athletic as Tyson.

Hilario has a lot of Eddy Curry in him. He's an offensive-minded big guy that is weak rebounder and below average defender. Plus, he's going to cost us a ton of money and is coming off a serious knee injury.

Throwing a lot of money at two mediocre post players doesn't help the situation.
B-4-Bulls
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
A couple of things...

Going back to the original post, Shawne Williams is strictly a small forward. He's a lot like Deng, only more athletic and with a weaker jumpshot. Not exactly a great fit.

There is no way Loul Deng averages 20 and 10 next season. He still needs quite a bit of work, and he relies on the jumper more than most elite scorers. It's even less likely because he doesn't shoot many threes or hit a high percentage of them. Something more like 16 points and 6 or 7 rebounds is more realistic, and even then the points might be a little optomistic. Also, Noc is good, but not that good. He's probably not going to average more than 16 points or 8 boards per game in the NBA. He averaged 13 and 6 this year, so even that would be a decent jump.

Neither of these guys go to the free throw line enough to be an elite scorer. Only 6 of the 27 qualifying players that averaged more than 19 points per game shot fewer than 4.5 free throws per game, and none averaged less than 4. Deng and Nocioni attempted 3.5 and 3 respectively. That's a lot of potential points that they aren't generating. They'd also need to drastically increase the number of shots that they take. Deng averaged 12.2 attempts per game, Nocioni averaged 10.1. The lowest total for anyone that averaged 19 points per game or more was 14.1. Skiles isn't too likely to put up with those two taking that many shots. Neither of them is going to be a star next year, and I'd say Nocioni doesn't really have the potential to reach that level in the future.

Harrington is an okay addition, but he's not a long term answer. He's really a small forward playing out of position, kind of like Nocioni. He also didn't put up the greatest numbers on a weak Atlanta team. I'd say that if we signed him, 17 points and 7 boards is the most that we could expect, and he might struggle to reach that point total because of the Bulls' shot distribution (I doubt he gets 16 attempts per game here).

LaMarcus Aldridge is also not too likely to average 14 a game as a rookie. I'd say 12 is his ceiling, with somewhere in the 8-10 range being the most realistic. However, I'd say he DOES have the potential to average 20 and 10 (or somewhat close to that) in his 3rd year. He's an extremely talented player that will be very tough to handle with some work in the weight room. His ceiling is very similar to that of guys like Chris Bosh (probably the most similar to him), Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire.

As long as we get Aldridge in the draft, that's about all I really need for my dream scenario. I'd also like to see us hold on to our cap space since there aren't really any major impact players on the market, but I won't complain too much if we sign Harrington.

Actually Shawne Williams is both a SG and SF Draft.net Link

Plus thats the position he played at whenever Carney came out. He would make the most since IMO because he is very Athletic and Is an above avg Rebounder/Scorer. Would make a fine addition to our team. Im not sold at all on Brewer and especially hate Sheldin Williams. Hes undersized and that is what THIS team lacks, it would make zero since.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
A couple of things...

Dude wtf, my predictions are fine, I hate it when everybody nit picks on every little thing I say. If I said he would avg 8.1 rbpg you would probably think more like 8.3 huh.gif . Like I said, my predictions arent optimistic im just being realistic because Aldridge is very capable of scoring 12-14 points per game as a rookie. Remember that we are a penetrate and kick style offense, so Aldridge will get a lot of easy shots under the basket because of the help defense when Hinrich,Deng,Noc Etc.. Drive to the hoop.

If Luol Deng adds 15-20 pounds of muscle this offseason he could easily avg 10 rebounds per game, the only thing I worry about is his ppg because he isnt as agressive on offense as Id like him to be. Lu wasnt able to lift last season as you all know cuz of his wrist. Look for him to step up big next year (hopefully).
Bullies4Life
Im sry to brake it to you... but Deng plays small foward.... not PF or C.... That means he hangs around the perimeter a lot... That means it doesnt matter how strong he gets... he wont average 10 boards... more like 6... And Chandler and Noc are good at rebounding too... and we'll probably get some other big men... and that means its gonna be hard for any bulls player to average high on rebounds... But overall, the Bulls should be a good rebounding team next year... and thats very very very very important. biggrin.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 02:12 PM)
I'd avoid Williams. He's an undersized PF with no offensive skills whatsoever, and he's a rather ordinary athlete. He'd basically be a more defensive oriented version of Sweetney, although he's not too likely to be a major shot-blocker because of his limited size, wing span, and athleticism.

DeShawn Stevenson isn't really even a decent defender, his only asset is scoring. He doesn't solve our problem.

Pryzbilla would be a collosal waste of money, and there's no way he'd take a two year deal. Someone is going to be dumb enough to give him Tyson Chandler like money. The only problem is he isn't as athletic as Tyson.

Hilario has a lot of Eddy Curry in him. He's an offensive-minded big guy that is weak rebounder and below average defender. Plus, he's going to cost us a ton of money and is coming off a serious knee injury.

Throwing a lot of money at two mediocre post players doesn't help the situation.

Avoid Sheldon?.... I said he'd be a NICE ROLE PLAYER... im not expecting him to start... could he do that for the bulls in the future?... maybe.. But every team NEEDS role players, and id think he would be a nice one to have.....(paxson kinda guy) And you said "no offensive skills whatsoever".....whats ur definition of a "no offensive skills whatsoever" kinda player?.... Sheldon averaged 18 points... thats not that awesome.. but im pretty sure thats not that bad.. He can shoot a jumpshot, and i see him developing a consistent one in the future... I know he's a hard worker... everyone knows that.... He can be a kinda player that can give us about 8-10 (maybe more) points in the future coming off the bench.... And one more thing...he's not gonna be a major shot blocker?... because of his height?... and his wingspan??? Well IMO... i can see him averaging about 1-2 block in a few years... height is the most overrated thing ever.. its all about timing and wingspan... They call him the "landlord" for a reason... guards the paint pretty desent...

Deshawn is known as an offensive player.... since when? his only asset is scoring? Well.. im gonna be honest w/ u.. I havent seen him play that much... But from what ive heard (from the Magic Fans) he's a good defender... he is their team's best perimeter defender.... and when i watched him play against the Bulls.. i thought he did a really nice job guarding Gordon... (moving his feat and denying him the ball) He may not be the best.. but he's pretty good and wouldnt demand that much money...

Nene is a lot like Eddy?....Offensive minded guy? i strongly disagree there... Nene has no where near the touch or the foot work of an Eddy... If he was as good as Eddy, Denver would give him the ball a lot... and be a go-to-guy.... But unfortunately, he's nowhere near as good as Eddy.... And he is a solid defender... He plays man-on-man pretty good.... But he's not much of a shot blocker and a rebounder... and thats ok.. The team I surrounded him with will take care of that...

"Throwing a lot of money at two mediocre post players doesn't help the situation." - I never said sign both... I said one of them... (Im not sure if u ment signing both players actually... But i just wanted to be clear... i said sign only one of them...)
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ May 10 2006, 07:10 PM)
Actually Shawne Williams is both a SG and SF Draft.net Link

Plus thats the position he played at whenever Carney came out. He would make the most since IMO because he is very Athletic and Is an above avg Rebounder/Scorer. Would make a fine addition to our team. Im not sold at all on Brewer and especially hate Sheldin Williams. Hes undersized and that is what THIS team lacks, it would make zero since.

I don't really care what some website says. I watched Memphis play several times, and there's no way he plays/played/will play SG. In fact, he played a role similar to Nocioni at Memphis: a SF basically playing PF. You don't see very many 6'9" SG's, and Williams isn't going to be the next one.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 10 2006, 07:14 PM)
Dude wtf, my predictions are fine, I hate it when everybody nit picks on every little thing I say. If I said he would avg 8.1 rbpg you would probably think more like 8.3 huh.gif . Like I said, my predictions arent optimistic im just being realistic because Aldridge is very capable of scoring 12-14 points per game as a rookie. Remember that we are a penetrate and kick style offense, so Aldridge will get a lot of easy shots under the basket because of the help defense when Hinrich,Deng,Noc Etc.. Drive to the hoop.

If Luol Deng adds 15-20 pounds of muscle this offseason he could easily avg 10 rebounds per game, the only thing I worry about is his ppg because he isnt as agressive on offense as Id like him to be. Lu wasnt able to lift last season as you all know cuz of his wrist. Look for him to step up big next year (hopefully).

Why are you posting if you don't want anyone commenting on it? Isn't that the whole point of a message board? Excuse me for disagreeing and thinking that your predictions are a bit too optomistic.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 10 2006, 11:00 PM)
Avoid Sheldon?.... I said he'd be a NICE ROLE PLAYER... im not expecting him to start... could he do that for the bulls in the future?... maybe.. But every team NEEDS role players, and id think he would be a nice one to have.....(paxson kinda guy) And you said "no offensive skills whatsoever".....whats ur definition of a "no offensive skills whatsoever" kinda player?.... Sheldon averaged 18 points... thats not that awesome.. but im pretty sure thats not that bad.. He can shoot a jumpshot, and i see him developing a consistent one in the future... I know he's a hard worker... everyone knows that.... He can be a kinda player that can give us about 8-10 (maybe more) points in the future coming off the bench.... And one more thing...he's not gonna be a major shot blocker?... because of his height?... and his wingspan??? Well IMO... i can see him averaging about 1-2 block in a few years... height is the most overrated thing ever.. its all about timing and wingspan... They call him the "landlord" for a reason... guards the paint pretty desent...

Deshawn is known as an offensive player.... since when? his only asset is scoring? Well.. im gonna be honest w/ u.. I havent seen him play that much... But from what ive heard (from the Magic Fans) he's a good defender... he is their team's best perimeter defender.... and when i watched him play against the Bulls.. i thought he did a really nice job guarding Gordon... (moving his feat and denying him the ball) He may not be the best.. but he's pretty good and wouldnt demand that much money...

Nene is a lot like Eddy?....Offensive minded guy? i strongly disagree there... Nene has no where near the touch or the foot work of an Eddy... If he was as good as Eddy, Denver would give him the ball a lot... and be a go-to-guy.... But unfortunately, he's nowhere near as good as Eddy.... And he is a solid defender... He plays man-on-man pretty good.... But he's not much of a shot blocker and a rebounder... and thats ok.. The team I surrounded him with will take care of that...

"Throwing a lot of money at two mediocre post players doesn't help the situation." - I never said sign both... I said one of them... (Im not sure if u ment signing both players actually... But i just wanted to be clear... i said sign only one of them...)

I don't really see the point in using a mid-first round pick on a role player. There are plenty of guys similar to him all around the NBA. I'd rather see us take a guy with at least some semblance of potential.

He scored 18 points per game in college because Duke only had two players that were any good whatsoever. Watch a Duke game for more than 10 minutes and you'll see that all he does is bully around smaller, weaker players than him and lay the ball in. That won't happen in the pros. He has no post moves and no jumpshot. He's seriously going to struggle to score in the NBA. He MIGHT average 8 points in the pros, and that is assuming heavy minutes. He'd have to improve dramatically to do much better than that.

He put up some very good numbers in college, but that doesn't really mean much on the next level. He's so similar to guys like Mike Sweetney and Wayne Simien it's ridiculous. There are plenty of guys like Williams that put up great numbers in college but couldn't make it translate to the pros. The only two guys I can think of with a similar build that actually were decent in recent history (last 5 years or so) were Brand and Boozer. Both of them are/were more athletic and more dangerous scorers as well.

Um, no, height and wingspan aren't overrated. There are very few above average post players that are under 6'9" (Williams probably isn't even that tall), and pretty much every athlete that is a factor in the blocked shot department is over 6'9" or very athletic. Williams is neither. Plus, he wasn't even that good an on-the-ball defender in college. Several players put up some very good numbers against him (Killingsworth, Hansborough, Simmons, Aldridge) , and he wasn't as big a factor as a help defender against teams with numerous big, athletic players like Georgetown. He's also very foul prone, which will be a bigger factor without the pro-Duke refs.

What were those fans watching? Stevenson has had a wrap as a poor defensive player since he came into the league. He's obviously got some offensive talent, so I really doubt he'd be available if were able to defend as well. He's already on his second team, and another one is coming. Teams don't just let good defenders that can average in double figures go. Considering he's averaged 11 points 3 times already, it's a lot more likely that the other side of the ball is the issue...

I didn't say that he was as good a scorer as Eddy, I said his playing style is similar. He's another big guy that struggles to get over 6 boards a game and has a minimal impact as a shot blocker. The defense is debateable. He gets some steals, but he's not exactly a shut-down big man. I don't see the point in adding another weak rebounder that can't block shots, we already have a ton of those (and ours aren't coming off a knee injury). Chandler, Aldridge, and Williams doesn't exactly give you enough defense and shot-blocking to get away with that, since they'll probably top out at around 3.5 blocks combined for the near future.
Bullies4Life
"I don't really see the point in using a mid-first round pick on a role player." -Well to tell u the truth... i think thats what u can expect in the future.. a role player... Sure there are a few occasions in here and there that a team gets a good player.. but this isnt the strongest draft...
And like i said... how many potentially stars do we need?? This team is gonna need role players in the future... we're not gonna be able to afford all of these "stars" in the future...

"Um, no, height and wingspan aren't overrated." If you notice on my post... i said height is overrated... not wingspan... i think winspan is very very important.

I have one thought in my mind... wow, the way you talk about Sheldon makes him seem like a second round-kinda player... I mean... probably not going to do anything offensively (no offensive skills whatsover) and probably wont be able to play any defense... (no height, not super athletic) But why is this guy projected to be in the top 10? Teams, GMs, Scouts must be kinda dumb to think that i guess...

-Deshawn Stevenson and the Magic-
Wow where do i start?....
Well, this guy wants to test out the free agent market.. he wants to know whats out there for him.. (a lot of players do this) thats why he will be able to sign w/ another team IF he thinks thats a nice place for him to fit.... Is magic gonna let him go? I dont know... But the Magic right now have 2 nice Role players in the SG position... From what ive heard, (RealGM Magic Board) They dont want to let him go.... But they know that they still have K. Dooling... He's like Stevenson except people think he's a little bit more an offensive player... And Magic fans also think that they r both solid defensively... except Deshawn is a little bit better... That being said... They also dont think Deshawn is the future SG for that team... They want to get a All-Star caliber player in that position... they dont want to have 2 role players in that position... Again, this is what i read in their board.... There was actually a thread that was about 9 pages long all about Deshawn... and i read some other things about him as well.... How he was injured this year (finally got surgery), how hes not very good at lay-ups... and his jumpshot is ok, so he tends to drive alot instead....

Nene- No he's not a shut down big man... but there arent really any shut down big men in the league... Its all about playing well one-on-one defensively and HELP OF DEFENSE. And one more thing.. defense isnt all about blocking... its also about drawing in charges.... about putting ur arms up and forcing tuff shots.. rotating and not allowing easy shots...im not worried about blocking at all... I think skiles is a good defensive coach and will take care of that...
A rotation of Alridge, Chandler, and Nene sounds pretty good to me....(all 6'11 or higher) and throw in there Sheldon into the mix.... And sure i would love to have someone better than Nene, but i got news for u.. there isnt a "must get big guy" out there right now... every1 available has its flaws... so if ur thinking we should get some1 who dosent have flaws, then thats call dreaming... I can name bad things about any player thats available.... But I think Nene fits in because of his size and bulk... And he can finish strong down low... (Dunk the ball when he's near the hoop... thats what the bulls miss a lot this year from Eddy... a guy that can finish down there)
That brings me up to this... What would be your Dream scenario? Im just curious what players you want thats available... so lets hear em pleaze. bringit.gif
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10 2006, 11:32 PM)
I don't really care what some website says. I watched Memphis play several times, and there's no way he plays/played/will play SG. In fact, he played a role similar to Nocioni at Memphis: a SF basically playing PF. You don't see very many 6'9" SG's, and Williams isn't going to be the next one.

me too. Williams can play SG in the NBA without a doubt, hes quick enough to play that spot and has a sweet shot. He has an advance offensive game wich is something this team needs cuz we already have great defense.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 09:07 AM)
me too. Williams can play SG in the NBA without a doubt, hes quick enough to play that spot and has a sweet shot. He has an advance offensive game wich is something this team needs cuz we already have great defense.

There's a difference between quick for a forward and quick for a guard. Williams is definitely athletic enough for the former, not so much for the latter. He occasionally had to match up against another guard against teams that play a 3-guard lineup, but it wasn't exactly a regular occurence. There's also a major difference between guarding some no-name 6'3" guard in Conference USA and guarding NBA caliber guards.

He's also not THAT good a shooter, although he's better than a lot of forwards. He shot 41.6% from the field and 31.2% from behind the arc. That doesn't exactly speak well for his chances of being a factor from outside early in his NBA career. His ball-handling skills would also be an issue at the 2-guard.

He's skilled enough to be a solid player in the future, and would be a good pick in the middle of the first. However, he's a natural SF, and I don't see why we'd want to draft another one in the hopes that he can play a position that he didn't play in college. You don't play 6'9" 220 pound players at SG. There's been one solid guard that big in the history of the NBA, and Magic Johnson is a major exception. Even other supremely talented big wing players like Tracy McGrady and Paul Pierce typically play with two other guards on the court.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 11 2006, 08:55 AM)
"I don't really see the point in using a mid-first round pick on a role player." -Well to tell u the truth... i think thats what u can expect in the future.. a role player... Sure there are a few occasions in here and there that a team gets a good player.. but this isnt the strongest draft...
And like i said... how many potentially stars do we need?? This team is gonna need role players in the future... we're not gonna be able to afford all of these "stars" in the future...

"Um, no, height and wingspan aren't overrated." If you notice on my post... i said height is overrated... not wingspan... i think winspan is very very important.

I have one thought in my mind... wow, the way you talk about Sheldon makes him seem like a second round-kinda player... I mean... probably not going to do anything offensively (no offensive skills whatsover) and probably wont be able to play any defense... (no height, not super athletic) But why is this guy projected to be in the top 10? Teams, GMs, Scouts must be kinda dumb to think that i guess...

-Deshawn Stevenson and the Magic-
Wow where do i start?....
Well, this guy wants to test out the free agent market.. he wants to know whats out there for him.. (a lot of players do this) thats why he will be able to sign w/ another team IF he thinks thats a nice place for him to fit.... Is magic gonna let him go? I dont know... But the Magic right now have 2 nice Role players in the SG position... From what ive heard, (RealGM Magic Board) They dont want to let him go.... But they know that they still have K. Dooling... He's like Stevenson except people think he's a little bit more an offensive player... And Magic fans also think that they r both solid defensively... except Deshawn is a little bit better... That being said... They also dont think Deshawn is the future SG for that team... They want to get a All-Star caliber player in that position... they dont want to have 2 role players in that position... Again, this is what i read in their board.... There was actually a thread that was about 9 pages long all about Deshawn... and i read some other things about him as well.... How he was injured this year (finally got surgery), how hes not very good at lay-ups... and his jumpshot is ok, so he tends to drive alot instead....

Nene- No he's not a shut down big man... but there arent really any shut down big men in the league... Its all about playing well one-on-one defensively and HELP OF DEFENSE. And one more thing.. defense isnt all about blocking... its also about drawing in charges.... about putting ur arms up and forcing tuff shots.. rotating and not allowing easy shots...im not worried about blocking at all... I think skiles is a good defensive coach and will take care of that...
A rotation of Alridge, Chandler, and Nene sounds pretty good to me....(all 6'11 or higher) and throw in there Sheldon into the mix.... And sure i would love to have someone better than Nene, but i got news for u.. there isnt a "must get big guy" out there right now... every1 available has its flaws... so if ur thinking we should get some1 who dosent have flaws, then thats call dreaming... I can name bad things about any player thats available.... But I think Nene fits in because of his size and bulk... And he can finish strong down low... (Dunk the ball when he's near the hoop... thats what the bulls miss a lot this year from Eddy... a guy that can finish down there)
That brings me up to this... What would be your Dream scenario? Im just curious what players you want thats available... so lets hear em pleaze. bringit.gif

You can still get players with solid upside in the middle of this draft. The chances are somewhat slim that they'll fufill their full potential, but I'd rather get someone like Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, or Maurice Ager. I don't see them doing that much worse than Sheldon early in their career, and they've got a better chance of turning into potential starters in the future.

Salary isn't really an issue. A mid-first round pick is going to be making about $1.5 million a year for the next four years, so any problems with that will be well into the future. Plus, it's not like we have a team full of guys that are going to get max deals. Hinrich will do fairly well, but the others probably won't get anywhere near 9 or 10 mil a year. Plus, as the Knicks have shown, the cap is a joke. Also, I'd rather have to worry about fitting another solid player into our payroll than worrying about whether or not Sheldon can handle starters minutes.

Where a guy is going to go in the draft doesn't really mean anything. There have been major busts up and down the draft board, and plenty of guys that went a lot earlier or later than they should. And by the state of several of these teams, many front office people have no clue what they're doing. I'll put it this way: Sheldon Williams was a two-time All-American and two-time defensive player of the year at the basketball factory known at Duke. Shane Battier did the same thing and went #7. Despite that, he's projected to be a mid-first round pick (probably not in the top 10) in a weak draft. That should give you an idea of how low a lot of people think his ceiling is. Someone is going to take him a lot earlier than his skills suggest because he's a post player that has NBA bulk. That doesn't mean that it's a good move.

Stevenson is the only real SG on the Magic's roster, and they're strongly considering letting him go. Keyon Dooling is a 6'3" converted PG and they're thinking of keeping him over Stevenson. Something tells me that he can't be all that good. You should also stop using message boards as a source. Reading this board you'd think that Nocioni is the second coming of Larry Bird.

Yes, there are shut-down post defenders in the NBA. Most of the teams that are going to go deep into the playoffs have one. Guys like Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, Alonzo Mourning when he's healthy. Those are you elite defenders. They generally limit the effectiveness of the guy they are guarding and make it tough to do damage in the paint. Nene doesn't do that. Shot blocking is a major factor on defense because it helps limit points in the paint and makes the players on the other team a little more hesitant when they take it to the rack. Very few good post defenders are not a factor in shot-blocking (Rodman is the only one that immediately comes to mind). Rebounding is another key asset of defense, because if you can't get the ball after you force a bad shot it's a wasted effort. Those are two key ways to make an impact defensively, and Nene does neither well. He'd have to be VERY good in the other aspects of the game to make up for it, and he simply isn't. He's a decent body to have down in the post, but he's not exactly a game changer. Unless we could get him cheap it just isn't worth it.

I already mentioned my dream scenario. As long as we get Aldridge, that's about all we need. For the second pick I'd like to see us take one of the guys I mentioned above. No one that we can add in this draft or FA class is going to suddenly make us a championship contender (or maybe I should say none of them would significantly improve our chances), so we'd be better off saving our money unless we could add one in a trade without giving up more than one core player. I'd rather not see us lose our flexibilty in the future because we added an overpaid stiff that's really nothing more than a stop-gap solution. If we were going to add someone, I'd go for either Al Harrington or Bonzi Wells. Those two have a lot more ability than anyone else we could get, and both at least somewhat fill a need. They both give us another solid scoring option, and Wells would give us a bigger guard while Harrington would give us another SF/PF type that will help our depth up front.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 11:50 AM)
You can still get players with solid upside in the middle of this draft. The chances are somewhat slim that they'll fufill their full potential, but I'd rather get someone like Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, or Maurice Ager. I don't see them doing that much worse than Sheldon early in their career, and they've got a better chance of turning into potential starters in the future.

Salary isn't really an issue. A mid-first round pick is going to be making about $1.5 million a year for the next four years, so any problems with that will be well into the future. Plus, it's not like we have a team full of guys that are going to get max deals. Hinrich will do fairly well, but the others probably won't get anywhere near 9 or 10 mil a year. Plus, as the Knicks have shown, the cap is a joke. Also, I'd rather have to worry about fitting another solid player into our payroll than worrying about whether or not Sheldon can handle starters minutes.

Where a guy is going to go in the draft doesn't really mean anything. There have been major busts up and down the draft board, and plenty of guys that went a lot earlier or later than they should. And by the state of several of these teams, many front office people have no clue what they're doing. I'll put it this way: Sheldon Williams was a two-time All-American and two-time defensive player of the year at the basketball factory known at Duke. Shane Battier did the same thing and went #7. Despite that, he's projected to be a mid-first round pick (probably not in the top 10) in a weak draft. That should give you an idea of how low a lot of people think his ceiling is. Someone is going to take him a lot earlier than his skills suggest because he's a post player that has NBA bulk. That doesn't mean that it's a good move.

Stevenson is the only real SG on the Magic's roster, and they're strongly considering letting him go. Keyon Dooling is a 6'3" converted PG and they're thinking of keeping him over Stevenson. Something tells me that he can't be all that good. You should also stop using message boards as a source. Reading this board you'd think that Nocioni is the second coming of Larry Bird.

Yes, there are shut-down post defenders in the NBA. Most of the teams that are going to go deep into the playoffs have one. Guys like Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, Alonzo Mourning when he's healthy. Those are you elite defenders. They generally limit the effectiveness of the guy they are guarding and make it tough to do damage in the paint. Nene doesn't do that. Shot blocking is a major factor on defense because it helps limit points in the paint and makes the players on the other team a little more hesitant when they take it to the rack. Very few good post defenders are not a factor in shot-blocking (Rodman is the only one that immediately comes to mind). Rebounding is another key asset of defense, because if you can't get the ball after you force a bad shot it's a wasted effort. Those are two key ways to make an impact defensively, and Nene does neither well. He'd have to be VERY good in the other aspects of the game to make up for it, and he simply isn't. He's a decent body to have down in the post, but he's not exactly a game changer. Unless we could get him cheap it just isn't worth it.

I already mentioned my dream scenario. As long as we get Aldridge, that's about all we need. For the second pick I'd like to see us take one of the guys I mentioned above. No one that we can add in this draft or FA class is going to suddenly make us a championship contender (or maybe I should say none of them would significantly improve our chances), so we'd be better off saving our money unless we could add one in a trade without giving up more than one core player. I'd rather not see us lose our flexibilty in the future because we added an overpaid stiff that's really nothing more than a stop-gap solution. If we were going to add someone, I'd go for either Al Harrington or Bonzi Wells. Those two have a lot more ability than anyone else we could get, and both at least somewhat fill a need. They both give us another solid scoring option, and Wells would give us a bigger guard while Harrington would give us another SF/PF type that will help our depth up front.

Wow.. where do i start?...

"Despite that, he's projected to be a mid-first round pick (probably not in the top 10) in a weak draft." Well, Ive seen plenty of mock drafts... And ive seen him plenty of times falling to the 7-10 teams... ESPN.com, probasketball.about.com, hoopsvibe.com, InsideHoops.com, Hoopshype.com, Draftexpress.com... just to name a few... yes there are some mocks that have him going in the mid-round... but theres alot that have him in the top 10....

"You should also stop using message boards as a source. Reading this board you'd think that Nocioni is the second coming of Larry Bird." haha i actually know a few things here and there about the NBA... And im pretty sure Stevenson is a pretty solid defender... But i dont really care of convincing u anymore.... seems like everything i say, ur just gonna find something to turn it against me or something... And yes Ive seen the guy play.. i know he has quick feet, and can do a nice job on denying the ball to other players... (he's not on artests, bowens type of level... but at least he does have a reputation of being a solid defender) And u on the other hand thought he was just a "offensive player".... that kinda tells me how much u know about him... (not much) As far as reading other message boards... i know how to read... and one can tell when they know alot about the NBA on by what they say... At least i can.... Yes , i can!!! biggrin.gif

"Keyon Dooling is a 6'3" converted PG and they're thinking of keeping him over Stevenson. Something tells me that he can't be all that good."
Im not saying Stevenson is all that... Im saying he would be a nice player to have as a defensive player....he wont cost much, and doesnt need that much playing time... And Orlando plays Hedo as Sg at times too... not just dooling... so they might be able to live w/ that for a little while...And im not 100% sure if Magic would let him go.... but after all.. this is my "'Dream' Scenario"...

"I already mentioned my dream scenario. As long as we get Aldridge, that's about all we need." We need more than Alridge.... Alridge, Chandler, and uhhhh.... Malik? Othella again? And u mentioned Al harrington.... So uh wheres our "true Center" at?... Chandler guarding those Shaqs again?... Chandler gonna get pushed around by those Haywoods again?... Or is Alridge gonna be the job for that?.... Bulls need some Bulk out there.... And u should know this if u watched the Bulls this year...
Bullies4Life
last thing i forgot...

"Rebounding is another key asset of defense, because if you can't get the ball after you force a bad shot it's a wasted effort. Those are two key ways to make an impact defensively, and Nene does neither well"

Its ok if he's not the best rebounder in the team... Bulls have Noc, Deng at the SF position (both very solid rebounders)... they would have Chandler... Alridge (shouldnt be too good, but not bad at all), And Sheldon(not that bad of a rebounder... averaged + 10 rbs) All of those players are solid at rebounding...

When the Bulls had Eddy... It wasnt like the Bulls were getting killed out there on the boards... They were actually a pretty solid rebounding team... As long as Eddy boxed-out... that was enough.... And the same thing can happen w/ Nene...
But hey im w/ u... if we have to pay him big bucks and a long contract.. then id prolly pass on him... He isnt that great in anything and the last thing i want to see is an overpaid player w/ some long years here....

And i just want to get something straight... I dont think Nene is a "shut-down" big man.... or nowhere near that... I think he's a solid man-to-man defender....and thats it.... Im sry if i made him sound like one..
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 11 2006, 01:54 PM)
"I already mentioned my dream scenario. As long as we get Aldridge, that's about all we need." We need more than Alridge.... Alridge, Chandler, and uhhhh.... Malik? Othella again? And u mentioned Al harrington.... So uh wheres our "true Center" at?... Chandler guarding those Shaqs again?... Chandler gonna get pushed around by those Haywoods again?... Or is Alridge gonna be the job for that?.... Bulls need some Bulk out there.... And u should know this if u watched the Bulls this year...

Adding a middling post player like Pryzbilla or Nene isn't exactly going to solve the problem. That'd still be an area of concern, and it'll cost us a good amount of our cap space for only a marginal improvement. I'd rather go another year with that being an issue that being tied into one of those guys for a lot of years and a lot of money.

One other thing regarding Williams' draft stock: mock drafts don't mean much right now. Williams is going to project fairly high at this point because of what he did in college. However, he's not going to be one of the most impressive guys in workouts, and several of the guys currently rated behind him have serious potential to move up. Guys like Carney, O'Bryant, Shawne Williams, Armstrong, Splitter if he's in the draft, and Saer Sane are much more impressive athletically. I'd be very surprised if he's a top 10 pick when all is said and done because of that.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 05:31 PM)
Adding a middling post player like Pryzbilla or Nene isn't exactly going to solve the problem. That'd still be an area of concern, and it'll cost us a good amount of our cap space for only a marginal improvement. I'd rather go another year with that being an issue that being tied into one of those guys for a lot of years and a lot of money.

we really need a true center.Our best bet is signing Nene who still hasnt unleashed his full potential. Also wasnt this guy a lottery pick? like top 8? I dont like Pryzbilla, hes slow an very unathletic. Nazr would be nice but Nene is our best bet.

I guess we could always move Aldridge to center wich is what he pretty much played in college but hes more of a power foward IMO. I would love Aldridge as our PF and Nene as the Center. A lineup of..

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
SF Deng
PF Aldridge
C Nene.

Im liking it. biggrin.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 11 2006, 04:12 PM)
last thing i forgot...

"Rebounding is another key asset of defense, because if you can't get the ball after you force a bad shot it's a wasted effort. Those are two key ways to make an impact defensively, and Nene does neither well"

Its ok if he's not the best rebounder in the team... Bulls have Noc, Deng at the SF position (both very solid rebounders)... they would have Chandler... Alridge (shouldnt be too good, but not bad at all), And Sheldon(not that bad of a rebounder... averaged + 10 rbs) All of those players are solid at rebounding...

When the Bulls had Eddy... It wasnt like the Bulls were getting killed out there on the boards... They were actually a pretty solid rebounding team... As long as Eddy boxed-out... that was enough.... And the same thing can happen w/ Nene...
But hey im w/ u... if we have to pay him big bucks and a long contract.. then id prolly pass on him... He isnt that great in anything and the last thing i want to see is an overpaid player w/ some long years here....

And i just want to get something straight... I dont think Nene is a "shut-down" big man.... or nowhere near that... I think he's a solid man-to-man defender....and thats it.... Im sry if i made him sound like one..

Having several mediocre rebounders doesn't exactly equate to having a good rebounding team, and all you need is one guy to not get good position and block his guy out for the other team to get an offensive rebound. Noc and Deng are decent for SF's, but they're still small forwards. They're not exactly going to be able to dominate the boards because they're playing farther away from the basket. Chandler is really only a decent rebounder, and although Aldridge is an okay rebounder it isn't exactly his strength. Williams can rebound fairly well, but I'd have a hard time seeing him average more than 8 because of the deficiencies that I already mentioned and the fact he's not too likely to get starter-type minutes. Adding Nene to that doesn't exactly solidify things any more.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 05:38 PM)
we really need a true center.Our best bet is signing Nene who still hasnt unleashed his full potential. Also wasnt this guy a lottery pick? like top 8? I dont like Pryzbilla, hes slow an very unathletic. Nazr would be nice but Nene is our best bet.

I guess we could always move Aldridge to center wich is what he pretty much played in college but hes more of a power foward IMO. I would love Aldridge as our PF and Nene as the Center. A lineup of..

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
SF Deng
PF Aldridge
C Nene.         

Im liking it. biggrin.gif  bullssmilie1.jpg

Nene was the 7th pick actually, not that it means anything. '

I really don't see the benefit in paying a guy that averaged 9.6 points and 5.9 rebounds the year BEFORE he had a serious knee injury a lot of money. It's a stop-gap solution at best, and that's assuming he can actually play at a decent level next year.

I honestly don't have a problem with a front line of Chandler, Aldridge, Sweetney, and another rookie big man like Boone or Armstrong. Someone like Antonio Davis or Nazr Mohammad would also. I also like Chris Wilcox. In fact, he might be my favorite of the group. He's a heck of an athlete that can do some damage in limited minutes. The only problem is that those latter two will probably cash in fairly big. It's a little more risky, but Alonzo Mourning would also be an interesting fit. He's a legit center that can still be a monster on defense and on the boards.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned: Nene is a restricted FA, so even if we go after him that doesn't necessarily mean we could get him.

To be fair, the absolute dream scenario would be adding Ben Wallace, but that won't happen.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 05:38 PM)
Adding Nene to that doesn't exactly solidify things any more.

I would rather have Nene in the game more than Tyson. Nene can SCORE too if need be. Similar to Ben Wallace. Wallace will take advantage of his oppurtunities and make some shots. Chandler has NO SHOT Whatsoever and is a terrible "Post" player. I can only see Chandler at best a 6-7th man on our team in the future unless he gets stronger and starts making shots. Ill give him one more year (Yes I know im not the GM but im just saying..) to be Productive. This is going to be his 6th year and its defenatley time to be doing SOMETHING. If Noc was 7'0 he would be getting 14+ rebounds a game but the fact is.. hes not. Chandler has terrible hands and needs to work on that in the summer. But like I said.. for me, if he doesnt produce and get atleast some progress in his offensive game next year, we either trade him (wich is unlikely cuz of contract) or place him on the bench and draft a Center next year (ODEN pray.gif )
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 05:42 PM)
Nene was the 7th pick actually, not that it means anything. '

I really don't see the benefit in paying a guy that averaged 9.6 points and 5.9 rebounds the year BEFORE he had a serious knee injury a lot of money. It's a stop-gap solution at best, and that's assuming he can actually play at a decent level next year.

i agree, if he wants too much money than forget it. But im saying is Nene is a true center and tyson is not.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 05:46 PM)
I would rather have Nene in the game more than Tyson. Nene can SCORE too if need be. Similar to Ben Wallace. Wallace will take advantage of his oppurtunities and make some shots. Chandler has NO SHOT Whatsoever and is a terrible "Post" player. I can only see Chandler at best a 6-7th man on our team in the future unless he gets stronger and starts making shots. Ill give him one more year (Yes I know im not the GM but im just saying..) to be Productive. This is going to be his 6th year and its defenatley time to be doing SOMETHING. If Noc was 7'0 he would be getting 14+ rebounds a game but the fact is.. hes not. Chandler has terrible hands and needs to work on that in the summer. But like I said.. for me, if he doesnt produce and get atleast some progress in his offensive game next year, we either trade him (wich is unlikely cuz of contract) or place him on the bench and draft a Center next year (ODEN  pray.gif )

I don't get the Nene-Wallace comparisons at all. One is a dominant rebounder and defender, the other is far from it. One can actually score a little, the other is a virtual non-factor that gets most of his points off offensive rebounds. One is a legit 6-10 inches and about 260, the other is more like 6'8" and 240. They're very dis-similar.

I'm not saying we don't need a center, I'm saying we're not too likely to find a decent one in this FA class. That's my main reasoning for avoiding those guys.
Bullies4Ever
im not the biggest Nene fan.. but there is a reason why i like him....

no one in the bulls right now can catch the ball and dunk it......... this is what the bulls miss the most about eddy...... Paxson has said it himself...

- Nene does fit the role.. he has the ability to catch the ball and dunk..... just like eddy can...

- i remember him on TNT couple of years ago.. and he did a nasty spin move around his defender...went underneath the basket and did a reverse jam.....

- I was like blink.gif .... who is this guy??

-i also have seen him on sports center.. putting on facials on people.... (the guy can dunk with power)

i also like Nene cuz i know hes a hard worker.. (paxson and Skiles type) .... i know hes pretty athletic and i have heard him being a good one on one defender.....

hes also a guy with a lot of meat.... 275 lbs of muscle headbang.gif

i wanna say one quick thing too... defense is not all about blocking.....

-defense is not about individuals.. its about team defense.... rotating and help out D.... no easy shots .... its about taking charges too...

and u need people that can work well in this system with good lateral movement....
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ May 11 2006, 05:55 PM)

no one in the bulls right now can catch the ball and dunk it......... this is what the bulls miss the most about eddy...... Paxson has said it himself...

- Nene does fit the role.. he has the ability to catch the ball and dunk..... just like eddy can...

- i remember him on TNT couple of years ago.. and he did a nasty spin move around his defender...went underneath the basket and did a reverse jam.....

-i also have seen him on sports center.. putting on facials on people.... (the guy can dunk with power)

i also like Nene cuz i know hes a hard worker.. (paxson and Skiles type) .... i know hes pretty athletic and i have heard him being a good one on one defender.....

-defense is not about individuals.. its about team defense.... rotating and help out D....

and u need people that can work well in this system with good lateral movement....

Great post!! Enjoyed reading it cheers.gif bullssmilie1.jpg
Bullies4Ever
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 05:38 PM)
Having several mediocre rebounders doesn't exactly equate to having a good rebounding team, and all you need is one guy to not get good position and block his guy out for the other team to get an offensive rebound. Noc and Deng are decent for SF's, but they're still small forwards. They're not exactly going to be able to dominate the boards because they're playing farther away from the basket. Chandler is really only a decent rebounder, and although Aldridge is an okay rebounder it isn't exactly his strength. Williams can rebound fairly well, but I'd have a hard time seeing him average more than 8 because of the deficiencies that I already mentioned and the fact he's not too likely to get starter-type minutes. Adding Nene to that doesn't exactly solidify things any more.

u dont need a great rebounder to become a good rebounding team.....

- and yes.. a mediocre rebounding team can be a good..... at rebounding.... all u need is everyone to box out bud.... put a body between your man and basket... and ull get the ball..... its team rebounding...

u said noc and deng decent for SFs?? blink.gif ... dude... i dont think u should post up coments if u dont watch the bulls..... at least say u think.... cuz u make it obvious u dont know that much.....

Chandler is only a decent rebounder... ha ha... that was funny.. hey can u tell me who who was one of the top of rebounds per 48 minute plz?
The Gladiator
Quick question, would you guys be happy if we traded Ben Gordon and our 16th and Sweets for Jermaine Oneal? And we draft Aldridge?
Bullies4Ever
one more quick thing... guys im not worried about our offense next year.... we avr 97 points... i mean c'mon.. i know Deng will be better.... i know our guards now know how to be more effective by driving in (showed at the end of the season) what we need is taller guys sometimes... and that will help our defense by something....

-All i want is is our guards to be able to drive in... and dish off to someone for a easy dunk mecry.gif

and i do think having a post player is a lil tiny overrated.. id rather have a good tall defender out there (just like another chandler) if we can get to the free throw line and keep on attacking the whole like we did towards the end of the season... and if Deng builds some muscle and be not afraid of taking contact.... then that can solve our problems......

-dont get me wrong.... i would love a offensive player that can play downlow and post up people... but defense comes firts for me....

97 pts is plenty for an NBA night.... just need defense.....
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ May 11 2006, 06:30 PM)
one more quick thing... guys im not worried about our offense next year.... we avr 97 points... i mean c'mon.. i know Deng will be better.... i know our guards now know how to be more effective by driving in (showed at the end of the season) what we need is taller guys sometimes... and that will help our defense by something....

-All i want is is our guards to be able to drive in... and dish off to someone for a easy dunk  mecry.gif 

and i do think having a post player is a lil tiny overrated.. id rather have a good tall defender out there (just like another chandler) if we can get to the free throw line and keep on attacking the whole like we did towards the end of the season... and if Deng builds some muscle and be not afraid of taking contact.... then that can solve our problems......

-dont get me wrong.... i would love a offensive player that can play downlow and post up people... but defense comes firts for me....

97 pts is plenty for an NBA night.... just need defense.....

having a post player is not overated at all.. Were never going to get anywhere if we have a jump shooting team, like Charles Barkley and all the other announcers have been saying, we arent always gonna have a good shooting night and when we dont we LOSE its that simple. You have to have some stability on offense and A low post player helps dramatically as long as he can give us 12-14 ppg for us, and I believe Aldridge will do that for us. I love the Jermaine Oneal comparasion because he plays just like him. He has a great attitude and remember Paxson's only drafts each player has came from a winning program. Examples..

Gordon; NCAA Tourny winner
Duhon; from Duke final four team
Deng; also with Duke
Noc; Won the gold medal with Argentina a proven winner.
Hinrich; in the NCAA Championship game with Kansas

I like the way he has a plan, some GMs just think firepower is all they need cough cough (Isaih Thomas). Therefore the only players I see Pax drafting with the first choice is Tyrus Thomas or Lamarcus Aldridge, I dont care who we pick but im hoping its atleast one of them.
bulls91
-first of all i think that we will draft Aldridge with the first pick in the draft

-then trade our 16 pick and the knicks second pick in 2009 along with Chris duhon mabe even sweets so they will have to take it for Atlanta's first round pick with that we will draft Brandon Roy

-sign both gooden and nene and for duhons place sign either speedy claxton or mike james.

-let go of Piatkowski, Allen, livingston, and schencher
so it will look like

C-nene/Aldridge/chandler
PF-chandler/ gooden/noch/ Sweets (possibly)
SF-deng/noch
SG-gordon/roy/pargo
PG-hinrich/claxton or james/pargo

as you can see we do not need another PF with herrington which will save us lotsof money for next year.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 06:42 PM)
having a post player is not overated at all.. Were never going to get anywhere if we have a jump shooting team, like Charles Barkley and all the other announcers have been saying, we arent always gonna have a good shooting night and when we dont we LOSE its that simple. You have to have some stability on offense and A low post player helps dramatically as long as he can give us 12-14 ppg for us, and I believe Aldridge will do that for us. I love the Jermaine Oneal comparasion because he plays just like him. He has a great attitude and remember Paxson's only drafts each player has came from a winning program. Examples..

Deng; also with Duke

I like the way he has a plan, some GMs just think firepower is all they need cough cough (Isaih Thomas). Therefore the only players I see Pax drafting with the first choice is Tyrus Thomas or Lamarcus Aldridge, I dont care who we pick but im hoping its atleast one of them.

Nocioni won the Gold Medal when???
bulls91
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 11 2006, 07:40 PM)
Nocioni won the Gold Medal when???

noch was part of the gold medal team in the 2004 summer olympics along with ginobli and carlos delfino when the argentians beat the USA team and all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at...Summer_Olympics

(at the bottom)
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 05:53 PM)
I don't get the Nene-Wallace comparisons at all. One is a dominant rebounder and defender, the other is far from it. One can actually score a little, the other is a virtual non-factor that gets most of his points off offensive rebounds. One is a legit 6-10 inches and about 260, the other is more like 6'8" and 240. They're very dis-similar.

I'm not saying we don't need a center, I'm saying we're not too likely to find a decent one in this FA class. That's my main reasoning for avoiding those guys.

Its not at all hard to see. Wallace and Nene are almost identical scorers. I Could care less about defense im talking about offense now. Tyson Chandler is the worst offensive player in the NBA easily. The more help the better, and if you dont understand that than your mentaly retarded bang.gif
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ May 11 2006, 05:55 PM)

-defense is not about individuals.. its about team defense.... rotating and help out D.... no easy shots .... its about taking charges too...

I'm all for signing Nene as long as it's not a Chandler-esque contract. Hopefully was can add Nene, harrington and draft Aldridge...with our later pick we can either draft another big man or a tall shooting guard.

I think we need to wait until 07 to make a big big sign....let's just add some key players and then maybe next year try to grab that superstar...it's not worth maxing out our cap space on just role players and very good players like harrington or nene.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ May 11 2006, 06:16 PM)
u dont need a great rebounder to become a good rebounding team.....

- and yes.. a mediocre rebounding team can be a good..... at rebounding.... all u need is everyone to box out bud.... put a body between your man and basket... and ull get the ball..... its team rebounding...

u said noc and deng decent for SFs?? blink.gif ... dude... i dont think u should post up coments if u dont watch the bulls..... at least say u think.... cuz u make it obvious u dont know that much.....

Chandler is only a decent rebounder... ha ha... that was funny.. hey can u tell me who who was one of the top of rebounds per 48 minute plz?

Have you hard of sentences and punctuation? I can't even figure out exactly what you are disagreeing with.

Are you saying that Deng and Noc are great rebounding forwards? They average like 6 a game each. While that's pretty good for a small forward, that's not exactly a dominant total. As for Chandler, I'd call his efforts only decent. He's not exactly a domiant glass-eater most of the time. I'd rather worry about his per game stats than per 48 minutes, since they don't prorate your totals to 48 minutes to figure out who won. Stay on the damn floor longer and you don't have to worry about that stat.

How exactly does adding Nene, Williams and Aldridge suddenly makes us a great rebounding team? Two rookies from a mediocre draft class and a mediocre rebounder coming off a knee injury are going to vault us to the top? We're not exactly dominant in that area right now, so I fail to see how only passable additions in the area make a massive difference. You don't necessarily need a great rebounder to be a good rebounding team, but more than one or two guys that can rebound well would help, especially when arguably our best rebounder is a SF.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 08:28 PM)
Its not at all hard to see. Wallace and Nene are almost identical scorers. I Could care less about defense im talking about offense now. Tyson Chandler is the worst offensive player in the NBA easily. The more help the better, and if you dont understand that than your mentaly retarded bang.gif

Okay, I'm still not a huge fan of the comparison. Nene has at least some offensive skills, while Wallace is basically Tyson Chandler with more playing time and consistency.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 08:55 PM)
Have you hard of sentences and punctuation? I can't even figure out exactly what you are disagreeing with.

Are you saying that Deng and Noc are great rebounding forwards? They average like 6 a game each. While that's pretty good for a small forward, that's not exactly a dominant total. As for Chandler, I'd call his efforts only decent. He's not exactly a domiant glass-eater most of the time. I'd rather worry about his per game stats than per 48 minutes, since they don't prorate your totals to 48 minutes to figure out who won. Stay on the damn floor longer and you don't have to worry about that stat.

How exactly does adding Nene, Williams and Aldridge suddenly makes us a great rebounding team? Two rookies from a mediocre draft class and a mediocre rebounder coming off a knee injury are going to vault us to the top? We're not exactly dominant in that area right now, so I fail to see how only passable additions in the area make a massive difference. You don't necessarily need a great rebounder to be a good rebounding team, but more than one or two guys that can rebound well would help, especially when arguably our best rebounder is a SF.

Nocioni is the best rebounder on this team. I think he had 13 double doubles in the last 20 games of the season and didnt he average almost 10 rebs against miami in the playoffs. Noch is a great rebounder for a 6'7 forward.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 11 2006, 09:00 PM)
Nocioni is the best rebounder on this team. I think he had 13 double doubles in the last 20 games of the season and didnt he average almost 10 rebs against miami in the playoffs. Noch is a great rebounder for a 6'7 forward.

I agree.. But next year and from now on, Deng will be the best... Just watch. ph34r.gif Drinking.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 06:42 PM)

Deng; also with Duke

Nice post. Very rarely does a team win big without at least one decent big man. The 2nd Bulls run is the only one that comes to mind, and they could get away with it because Michael and Scottie shot very high percentages for perimeter players.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11 2006, 09:03 PM)
Nice post. Very rarely does a team win big without at least one decent big man. The 2nd Bulls run is the only one that comes to mind, and they could get away with it because Michael and Scottie shot very high percentages for perimeter players.

why thank you biggrin.gif
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 11 2006, 09:00 PM)

First off, No, Noc averaged 8.8 boards in the playoffs.

2nd, The playoffs are an extremely small sample size, and the last month of the season isn't that much better. They play a lot more than 25 games during an NBA season. Noc wasn't really that great a rebounder until April, his high average for any month before that was 6.5. We got all excited about Curry and Chandler dominating during stretches at the end of the year, and well all know how that turned out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.