Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll: should Bulls match Asik offer sheet?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
3 options.

Yes means the Bulls match. They can explore trade options, but if they don't have one worked out in advance, there's a risk of having to keep his full contract. No means the Bulls simply let him walk.

Having a trade worked out in advance is not included in this poll because that's the easy way out everyone would take. Say the Rockets call the Bulls bluff and no one else is willing to give up anything for Asik while taking on that contract.
madisonsmadhouse
You have to match. Even if it means trading him later, you have to match.
Balta1701-B
I'm going to go with no. I just can't see a path to having this team become a championship caliber team without a substantial tear-down, and getting caught with that $20/2 after next year will be big.
Steve9347
God no.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Matching this type of contract would be punching a one way ticket to basketball hell.
ZoomSlowik
Hell no, he's their 4th best big man.
Quinarvy
In a vacuum with no trade, hell to the no.
2nd_city_saint787
Sign and trade or bust...The fact that he'll be making more money than Noah in 3 years is just mind boggling for a guy who IMO will never be a starter.
MexBullsFan
no
Jake
Every second that he stays on your roster his value drops since the team trading for him is losing out on the "cheap" year. We'd get stuck with him. This is not a $10M or $15M player. I really am not convinced that he is a $5M player.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 2 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Every second that he stays on your roster his value drops since the team trading for him is losing out on the "cheap" year. We'd get stuck with him. This is not a $10M or $15M player. I really am not convinced that he is a $5M player.

He's probably worth 5 just because every 7 footer with a pulse gets at least a few mil. $15 mil, that's just f***ing insane.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2 2012, 05:53 PM) *
He's probably worth 5 just because every 7 footer with a pulse gets at least a few mil. $15 mil, that's just f***ing insane.

I posted the cap rule in the other thread, there is actually a 1-2 year limit at around the MLE level with what Houston's trying to sign him to, that's both a way to make it sting more for the Bulls and a way to basically make it an $8 mil a year contract offer. The Cap hit for Houston actually comes in at the average, $8 mil a year, while for the Bulls it would be 5/5/15.
knightni
Nope. Too risky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.