Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Olek Czyz to play for Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
2nd_city_saint787
A 6-foot-7, 240 pound forward from Poland, Aleksander (Olek) Czyz played two seasons at Duke before transferring to the University of Nevada where he was a WAC All-Conference First team player and lead the Wolf Pack to a Conference Championship by averaging 13.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and shot nearly 60% from the field as a senior.

Unlike the other Euros mentioned above, Czyz has college experience to help usher him to the next level.

After playing well at the adidas Eurocamp last month, Czyz improved his NBA status and while he is still considered a guy on the outside looking in, it will be interesting to see if he sticks on an NBA radar in the late second round.

Took that from a website talking about 6 impact Euros in the draft, thats all that was said about him....Can't find an actual scouting report on the guy but his numbers at Nevada are rather impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...41719/olek-czyz
Jake
Anyone else know anything about him? The rebound number and shooting percentage makes me think he was a post player, which is not good at 6'7"
2nd_city_saint787
http://olekczyz.net/bio.html

His got his own website apparently....His accolades look pretty impressive. His 3 point shooting was good 2 years ago so he has that in his bag but he looks to be a Blake Griffin, Im gonna dunk on you type player.

Quinarvy
Unless the Bulls go for broke and amnesty Boozer, I don't see him on the team. We won't need another short PF.
Jake
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 4 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Unless the Bulls go for broke and amnesty Boozer, I don't see him on the team. We won't need another short PF.

Yeah I have to think he'll be D-League fodder unless there is an injury or something.
2nd_city_saint787
I've read that he can guard the 3...If Korver and Brewer are both gone, and Lu isn't ready to start the season who plays SF for the Bulls??? Butler and ???...

Not that I'm saying I want him to be the guy but we could need a cheap guy to fill the void for a month or so...Can Courtney Lee play both the 2 and the 3??
ZoomSlowik
Depending on a marginal WAC PF to get major minutes at the 3 will generally end poorly.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Yeah I have to think he'll be D-League fodder unless there is an injury or something.

I wish there was an actual minor league system in the NBA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.