Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 other possible names: Jerryd Bayless, Michael Redd
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
KC adds this name to the list.
@KCJHoop

Add two names to Bulls' free-agent possibles: Michael Redd and Jerryd Bayless, who just became a UFA after Toronto pulled qualifying offer.
Here's his career stats.
rockren
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 6 2012, 08:11 PM) *
KC adds this name to the list.
Here's his career stats.

Bayless can fill it up....but he just gets lost on defense and can't guard a chair.

He doesn't seem like a Tibs guy to me at all.

As for Redd....he may not be bad for the vet minimum and save us some change should we let Korver walk. He also doesn't guard anyone and health is a major factor for him. I've met him a few times personally when he played in Milwaukee and he was a pretty nice guy.
Balta1701-B
Bayless' agent, Jeff Schwartz, told ESPN.com on Friday that the Raptors informed him this week that the combo guard, initially a restricted free agent after Toronto extended qualifying offers to both Bayless and fellow guard Sonny Weems, is now free to test the open market.

"Jerryd's availability is a huge opportunity for teams in need of an explosive young guard who can initiate an offense and also score at an elite level," Schwartz said.

Raptors veteran Jose Calderon, meanwhile, can almost certainly be scratched from the list of potential amnesty candidates this summer after Bayless' departure. There's a growing belief among rival executives that Toronto will just keep the Spaniard for the final season of his $10.6 million expiring contract unless the Raptors can construct a trade that involves Calderon.
Link
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rockren @ Jul 6 2012, 09:24 PM) *
Bayless can fill it up....but he just gets lost on defense and can't guard a chair.

He doesn't seem like a Tibs guy to me at all.

As for Redd....he may not be bad for the vet minimum and save us some change should we let Korver walk. He also doesn't guard anyone and health is a major factor for him. I've met him a few times personally when he played in Milwaukee and he was a pretty nice guy.

It might make sense to go after guys who get lost on defense and see what happens when they get put with a legit coach.
Jake
I'm guessing Bayless gets above vet's minimum so he's out now with Kirk here.

Any chance Redd is a minimum deal? Do we even want him now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.