Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls summer league preview
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email

AGGREY SAM

Guided by Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin, the Bulls summer-league team will be headlined by swingman Jimmy Butler and first-round draft pick Marquis Teague.

Former NBA player Jermaine Taylor, a shooting guard who played in the D-League last season after stints with Sacramento and Houston in the past, as well as ex-Celtics power forward Leon Powe -- who crossed paths with Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau in Boston -- will also be on the roster for the NBA's summer league in Las Vegas.

A familiar name in Chicago, former St. Joseph High School and University of Illinois standout point guard Demetri McCamey, will also play for the Bulls, as will two players who had a cup of coffee in the NBA last season: swing man Edwin Ubiles, who played for the Wizards, and power forward Malcolm Thomas, who played for the Spurs.

Practicing with the team at the Berto Center this week, but not joining them in Vegas, according to a source, will be two point guards with NBA experience: Jonny Flynn, a well-traveled, albeit young, free agent who finished last season in Portland, and Marcus Banks, who played in the D-League last season after several years as a journeyman in the league; Northern Illinois product and Chicago native Jake Anderson, and Kashif Watson, the younger brother of now-former Bulls backup point guard C.J. Watson, will also participate in the mini-camp, as well as former BYU swing man Charles Abouo.

The complete roster, CSNChicago.com has learned, is as follows: Jimmy Butler, 6-foot-6 small forward; Oley Czyz, 6-foot-7 power forward; Justin Johnson, 6-foot-2 point guard; Demetri McCamey, 6-foot-3 point guard; Ramone Moore, 6-foot-5 shooting guard; Leon Powe, 6-foot-8 power forward; Chase Simon, 6-foot-5 shooting guard; Henry Sims, 6-foot-10 power forward; Jamie Skeen, 6-foot-8 power forward; Jermaine Taylor, 6-foot-4 shooting guard; Marquis Teague, 6-foot-2 point guard; Malcolm Thomas, 6-foot-9 power forward; Henry Sims, 6-foot-10 power forward; Edwin Ubiles, 6-foot-6 small forward.

The Bulls' first game in Las Vegas will be next Tuesday, July 17, at 9 PM Central time, on UNLV's campus.
2nd_city_saint787
There's a lot of interesting names here.

I still think Flynn has some potential, if he does well is there any way they make Kirk the backup SG?? Mccameys an interesting name as well, as an illini fan I always thought he'd have NBA potential.

I see my guy Henry Sims listed, so good he gets listed twice! If they let Omer walk I think Sims can step in right away and take over the backup C role. His offensive skill set is already 10x better than Omers.

Edwin Ubiles tore up the D-league last year, winning Rookie of the year and was named 1st team all nba d-league. He scored 20ppg on 50% shooting. Wouldn't mind seeing him playing the Jimmy Butler role next year (riding the pine and learning under Thibs)

Powes another interesting guy, he's always been a quality big off the bench.

Jake
McCamey or bust
Quinarvy
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 11 2012, 01:17 PM) *
I see my guy Henry Sims listed, so good he gets listed twice! If they let Omer walk I think Sims can step in right away and take over the backup C role. His offensive skill set is already 10x better than Omers.

That's not saying much. My offensive skill set is 10x better than Omer's.

Also, looks like Omer will be matched to give us a whopping $30M in expirings between him and Boozington.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11 2012, 01:24 PM) *
That's not saying much. My offensive skill set is 10x better than Omer's.

Also, looks like Omer will be matched to give us a whopping $30M in expirings between him and Boozington.

If thats the case I'd love to see Ubiles and Sims as our 11th and 12th players on the team learning the system...I think they both could be a part of the bench in a year or 2.
Quinarvy
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 11 2012, 01:27 PM) *
If thats the case I'd love to see Ubiles and Sims as our 11th and 12th players on the team learning the system...I think they both could be a part of the bench in a year or 2.

Basically the Kurt Thomas role?
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Basically the Kurt Thomas role?

Basically, if any of the bigs go down he can step in and give us some good mins.

Georgetown bigs tend to be good. He's a great passer with great hands, under Thibs he can probably develop into a great defender as well.

Ubiles in the Butler role and Sims in the Thomas role to fill out the bench would make me a happy Panda.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.