Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA All Defensive Teams Announced!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Link

Press Release - Four-time Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons highlights the 2005-06 NBA All-Defensive Teams, the NBA announced today. Making his fifth consecutive appearance on the All-Defensive First Team, Wallace is joined by leading vote-getter Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs , named to the All-Defensive Team for the sixth consecutive season.

Also selected to the First Team are forwards Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz , making his third All-Defensive Team appearance, and 2003-04 Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings , named to the All-Defensive Team for the second time. Tying in votes received and rounding out the First Team are guards Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets , receiving their sixth and seventh All-Defensive honors, respectively.

2005-06 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM

Position Player, Team
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Guard Chauncey Billups, Detroit
Forward Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Center Marcus Camby, Denver
Forward Tayshaun Prince, Detroit

this is BS, just another example of the Bulls not getting any respect! mad.gif Are you kidding me JASON KIDD On first team? Ive never seen him play great defense this year. Ron Artest didnt even play till half the year. Dwayne Wade is the next leading vote getter. Give me a break, he sucks at defense and got owned by kirk. What do you think of the teams? I think it sucks!!
WHarris1
Kobe lol

And before you tell me, "But Willie, Kobe does play defense." I know he used to, this year...I would not say Kobe is a 1st team defender
Bullies4Life
Kobe plays defense when he wants to... he can be very good at it too.. but yeah.. thats "when he wants to"....

I dont know how Wade is ahead of Kirk.... when someone thinks of kirk... many people will say "oh yeah, hes a solid player that plays defense"...

When some1 thinks of Wade... "hes an awesome offensive player"... and uh defense?.. "i guess he's ok?"...

Plus the fact that Kirk can guard both SG and PG is a plus.. Kirk got robbed! huh.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 11 2006, 03:04 PM)
Kobe lol

And before you tell me, "But Willie, Kobe does play defense." I know he used to, this year...I would not say Kobe is a 1st team defender

^^^
bulls91
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 11 2006, 03:18 PM)
Kobe plays defense when he wants to... he can be very good at it too.. but yeah.. thats "when he wants to"....

I dont know how Wade is ahead of Kirk.... when someone thinks of kirk... many people will say "oh yeah, hes a solid player that plays defense"...

When some1 thinks of Wade... "hes an awesome offensive player"... and uh defense?.. "i guess he's ok?"...

Plus the fact that Kirk can guard both SG and PG is a plus.. Kirk got robbed! huh.gif

i agree with all of 100% he got roobed majorly mecry.gif
The Dude Abides
When Hinrich gets to guard other pgs full time, he will make this list. But you are right, he does not get any respect, which is evident by the fact that he has to get tackled in order to get a foul call.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
The NBA never gives Hinrich any love...those bastards.
Come to think of it, they never give any of our Bulls any love...blah...
RoseAngelKH12
aaaaawwwww man that is total BS Kirk can play better defense then half of those guys combined !!!!!!!!!!
RoseAngelKH12
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 11 2006, 08:45 PM)
When Hinrich gets to guard other pgs full time, he will make this list. But you are right, he does not get any respect, which is evident by the fact that he has to get tackled in order to get a foul call.

so true
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 11 2006, 02:50 PM)
Link

Press Release - Four-time Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons highlights the 2005-06 NBA All-Defensive Teams, the NBA announced today. Making his fifth consecutive appearance on the All-Defensive First Team, Wallace is joined by leading vote-getter Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs , named to the All-Defensive Team for the sixth consecutive season.

Also selected to the First Team are forwards Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz , making his third All-Defensive Team appearance, and 2003-04 Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings , named to the All-Defensive Team for the second time. Tying in votes received and rounding out the First Team are guards Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets , receiving their sixth and seventh All-Defensive honors, respectively.

2005-06 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM

Position Player, Team
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Guard Chauncey Billups, Detroit
Forward Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Center Marcus Camby, Denver
Forward Tayshaun Prince, Detroit

this is BS, just another example of the Bulls not getting any respect! mad.gif Are you kidding me JASON KIDD On first team? Ive never seen him play great defense this year. Ron Artest didnt even play till half the year. Dwayne Wade is the next leading vote getter. Give me a break, he sucks at defense and got owned by kirk. What do you think of the teams? I think it sucks!!

Jason Kidd had a nice defensive year. While he is just a tad over-the-hill, I have absolutely no problem with him being on the 1st team.

This marks the second straight year that Chauncey has made it onto the second team. I absolutely love the guy, but he has never been a strong defender. And I watch tons of Pistons games, unlike the people who voted him in.

My defensive monsters:
Ben Wallace
Bruce Bowen
Ron Artest
Andrei Kirilenko
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Marcus Camby
Tayshaun Prince
Andre Iguodala
Jamaal Tinsley
Jermaine O'Neal
Shawn Marion
Raja Bell

The best of the rest:
Kenyon Martin
Jason Kidd
Earl Watson
Trenton Hassell
Gerald Wallace
Tony Allen
Eric Williams
James Posey
Mikael Pietrus
Shane Battier
Stromile Swift
Jamal Magloire
Desmond Mason
Caron Butler

Upside:
Dwight Howard
Tyson Chandler
Emeka Okafor
Darko Milicic
Danny Granger
Samuel Dalembert
Kendrick Perkins
DeSagna Diop
Josh Smith
Josh Howard
Trevor Ariza
Marcus Banks
Kirk Hinrich
Chris Duhon

I'm sure that I'm forgetting someone.
soxfan101
I think Bowen is a bit over-rated. He is effective yeah... but he gets away with a lot of spiff that a player w/out his reputation would have fouls called on him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.