Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nazr Mohammed to Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
rockren
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22255...h_Nazr_Mohammed

The Bulls are on the verge of signing Nazr Mohammed, according to a league source.

Mohammed, a 14-year veteran, was also courted by the Nets.

Mohammed's signing seems to indicate the Bulls will not match the three year, $25.1 million dollar offer sheet extended to Omer Asik.

I'm not sure if I'm thrilled about Nazr...but I'm thrilled the Bullies didn't overvalue their own talent and re-sign Omer.
Jake
Good move for the Bulls, plain and simple.
Wanne
Of course everybody will miss Omer's D...but good lord...you'd get the same O production from just about anybody. I'm not so quick to discount Thibs system and plugging in a new piece. Asik just is not worth that kind of quiche...
rockren
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 23 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Of course everybody will miss Omer's D...but good lord...you'd get the same O production from just about anybody. I'm not so quick to discount Thibs system and plugging in a new piece. Asik just is not worth that kind of quiche...

So in two years...the Rockets will owe Lin and Asik 30 milllion.....

Nice work, Houston.
Jake
Nazr has the 7 foot tool, can score a bit, and is a known entity. Sounds like a good guy to get 15 mins a game and capable to occasionally fill in for Jo if there is an injury. I shudder to think of Omer on the court for long stretches, he was unkind to offense.
madisonsmadhouse
David Schuster
It's official...The Bulls sign Nazr Mohammed
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 26 2012, 04:51 PM) *
Nazr has the 7 foot tool, can score a bit, and is a known entity. Sounds like a good guy to get 15 mins a game and capable to occasionally fill in for Jo if there is an injury. I shudder to think of Omer on the court for long stretches, he was unkind to offense.

The only real response is that he didn't really have training camp last year, and if you give him the full camp, coaching on offense, and the right system, you might see a turnaround on that side.

But $25 million is a lot to gamble on that.
Wanne
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 29 2012, 03:43 PM) *
The only real response is that he didn't really have training camp last year, and if you give him the full camp, coaching on offense, and the right system, you might see a turnaround on that side.

But $25 million is a lot to gamble on that.

Actually catching a pass would be a good start....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.