Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls to sign Nate Robinson
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
Eh.
dasox24
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 30 2012, 07:32 PM) *

Don't like this. How many PG's do we need? I want Teague getting as much playing time as possible.
2nd_city_saint787
Am I missing something here with Nate Robinson...When he's been given good minutes hes performed fairly well. I like the signing.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 30 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Don't like this. How many PG's do we need? I want Teague getting as much playing time as possible.

Needed 1 more. If any guard goes down either Teague or Nate can fill in. If its Rip or Bell then Kirk can move to SG.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 30 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Am I missing something here with Nate Robinson...When he's been given good minutes hes performed fairly well. I like the signing.

The reasons he doesn't generally get good minutes (highly suspect defense, not a willing passer 90% of the time, highly questionable shot selection).
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 30 2012, 10:41 PM) *
The reasons he doesn't generally get good minutes (highly suspect defense, not a willing passer 90% of the time, highly questionable shot selection).

Well last year he got good minutes and in the same amount of playing time as CJ Watson he averaged 2 more ppg and shot a higher FG% and just had 1 less assist per game. Not sure how his defense is in comparison but he did have more steals than CJ.

Nates last 2 games he went for 30/7 & 28/8, just throwin that out there.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 31 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Well last year he got good minutes and in the same amount of playing time as CJ Watson he averaged 2 more ppg and shot a higher FG% and just had 1 less assist per game. Not sure how his defense is in comparison but he did have more steals than CJ.

Nates last 2 games he went for 30/7 & 28/8, just throwin that out there.

Of course, CJ was playing hurt most of the year, so "Nate Robinson is about as good as CJ was when he played through injuries to cover the time Rose was out" isn't really selling him much.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 31 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Of course, CJ was playing hurt most of the year, so "Nate Robinson is about as good as CJ was when he played through injuries to cover the time Rose was out" isn't really selling him much.

Well even with that said, the Bulls still survived with that production from a hurt CJ so if they can get that kind of production from Nate then as Hawk might say, its all good.

dasox24
Looks like this is official now.

Also, per KC Johnson, the Bulls may sign Tracy McGrady now. Are we trying to recreate the 2011-2012 Atlanta Hawks bench? Hinrich, Radmonovic, TMac...
Jake
Sounds like fun, should be a good JL3 replacement. May very well get released when Rose returns, unless there is an injury.

The trick with TMac is to de-synchronize his injuries with Rip's. You'll always have a vet around, just never both. lol
madisonsmadhouse
Sounds like we are just shopping at the discount bin now.

90% OFF ALL POINT GUARDS MUST GO!
Quinarvy
I'm ok with this. He serves the J4L role. He's played for Thibs before, so Thibs probably supported this.

And I'd be ok with TMac. If he acts up, well, cut him. His skills are there, just not his athleticism. So, now he's a homeless mans TMac, but can help the Bulls. I also really want to sign Malcom Thomas. He's basically Taj Lite, so would be a good addition to the end of the bench.

PG - Hinrich/Robinson/Teague [Rose]
SG - Rip/Bellinelli/TMac
SF - Deng/Butler/Radmonovic
PF - Boozer/Gibson/Thomas
C - Noah/Nazr

And yes, I think this team with returning Rose can make some noise. It all depends on if Thibs can get the Bench Mob 2.0 to have the same chemistry as The Original Bench Mob.
Jake
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 1 2012, 10:25 AM) *
I'm ok with this. He serves the J4L role. He's played for Thibs before, so Thibs probably supported this.

What, is he really negative or something?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Nate Rob is the JL3 "Get shots up" replacement, although he was better than JL3 last year and put up some nice numbers for GS. PER of 18, TS of 53%, highest assist average of his career.. Quietly a good signing if you get the player from last season. Teague needs a year or two before he gets consistent playing time-- he's not ready right now.
madisonsmadhouse
The deal is NOT guaranteed.

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email
Jake
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Sep 19 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Very interesting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.