Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN's Top 10 Greatest Point Guards
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chi-town23-33
ESPN's Top 10 PG

Steve Nash has had to stellar seasons, resulting in back-to-back MVP awards, but do two seasons really make a career? I think Steve Nash will eventually be a hall of famer, but I do not think he should be included on this list.

What do you guys think?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ May 11 2006, 07:01 PM)
ESPN's Top 10 PG

Steve Nash has had to stellar seasons, resulting in back-to-back MVP awards, but do two seasons really make a career? I think Steve Nash will eventually be a hall of famer, but I do not think he should be included on this list.

What do you guys think?

Have you forgotten his stint in Dallas? He was a top 3 PG in the NBA in Dallas and since joining the Suns, he is the top PG in the league. Don't know about top 10 all time. Maybe.

Tiny Archibald should be higher IMO.
The Dude Abides
anything from espn is officially poorly done anymore. I think that this list is pretty solid though.

Nash should be on that list. He had a great tenure in dallas and was solid in phoenix during his first stint there.
ChWRoCk2
I would agree with most of those maybe not payton though
ZoomSlowik
I honestly can't think of a whole lot of guys that they left off unless you want to consider Pete Maravich or Jerry West a PG (if you do, major omissions). The only other guy I'd consider is Kevin Johnson, who was a pretty effective PG. It's debatable as to whether or not he was any better than Payton or Nash though.
Chi-town23-33
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 11 2006, 07:37 PM)
Have you forgotten his stint in Dallas? He was a top 3 PG in the NBA in Dallas and since joining the Suns, he is the top PG in the league. Don't know about top 10 all time. Maybe.

Tiny Archibald should be higher IMO.

I'm not saying he wasn't good in Dallas. He was, and easily top 3 point guard along with Jason Kidd, but there are so many players people forget about who where IMO just as good or better than Nash. I guess it stems from my idea of the NBA being weak these days.

Here are some other great point guards often glossed over:

Kevin Johnson (best PG Suns ever had IMO)
Tim Hardaway
Sam "I Am" Cassell
Mark Price
Dennis Johnson
Mo Cheeks
Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Mark Jackson (hate him though)
Lenny Wilkens

Almost put Iverson on this list, but he is really just a two guard playing the point.

Hinrich will also be on this list in no time. biggrin.gif

Oh, and Tiny should be higher.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ May 11 2006, 09:21 PM)
I'm not saying he wasn't good in Dallas. He was, and easily top 3 point guard along with Jason Kidd, but there are so many players people forget about who where IMO just as good or better than Nash. I guess it stems from my idea of the NBA being weak these days.

Here are some other great point guards often glossed over:

Kevin Johnson (best PG Suns ever had IMO)
Tim Hardaway
Sam "I Am" Cassell
Mark Price
Dennis Johnson
Mo Cheeks
Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Mark Jackson (hate him though)
Lenny Wilkens

Almost put Iverson on this list, but he is really just a two guard playing the point.

Hinrich will also be on this list in no time. biggrin.gif

Oh, and Tiny should be higher.

The only ones I see possibly making the Top 10 (of those you listed) are Johnson, Hardaway, and Jackson.
soxfan101
Payton did make the list at number 10.
Chi-town23-33
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 12 2006, 12:09 AM)
Payton did make the list at number 10.

He should be ahead of Nash at 9, Nash closes out the list at 10. I guess this is what I was getting at when I made this thread, I just didn't communicate this well enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.