Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rose-Love-Westbrook?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
2nd_city_saint787
I brought this up over on ST and it got no play, apparently Love, Rose, and Westbrook have all talked about playing together at some point in their careers.

Here's the link http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/ano...nba-super-trio/

With 2 of those players being 6'3" PGs I'm not sure how that'd work. Westbrook has pretty good length, and plays big, could he survive guarding NBA 2 guards??

If it were to happen you'd have to believe it'd happen in Chicago. Love wants out of Minnesota so it wouldn't work there, and OKC already has too many big pieces in place to add Rose and Love.

With the super friends teams were getting now a days could you see it happening? Would it work??

Discuss
2nd_city_saint787
Maybe I should have posted this in the catch all, or the stagnant thread...Its not exactly news, but it's something to talk about.
Balta1701-B
Cannot possibly see how Rose and Westbrook could work together on the same roster if Rose gets back to 100%.
2nd_city_saint787
I thought the same thing, but the more I look into it...I guess Westbrook is a phenomenal defender and often Ds up the best guard on the floor, and he's playing the 2 in the olympics so I think it could work.

The only thing I was skeptical about was who on from a defensive standpoint. If Westbrook can D up a 2 guard, then itd work, no question.....It's like having the 2 fastest WRs in the game, its bound to make for a mismatch for the other teams defense.....Assuming Rose can play at his full speed in 2014 there's not a guard combo in the league that can match those 2 guys speed.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 11 2012, 05:46 PM) *
I thought the same thing, but the more I look into it...I guess Westbrook is a phenomenal defender and often Ds up the best guard on the floor, and he's playing the 2 in the olympics so I think it could work.

Which one of them is effective playing "off the ball"?
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 11 2012, 05:07 PM) *
Which one of them is effective playing "off the ball"?

Well I havent got a chance to watch any of the olympics, but I read he's playing the 2 on that team with Paul and Williams being the primary PGs. It'll be like the olympics up in this biatch...Also didn't Rose play a little bit off the ball when he came back from injury/Rip came back?

They'd make it work. Or you can always just attack the slower guard. If Rose is back to full speed in 2014 chances are there's gonna be someone on the other team that will not be able to keep up with both our Rose and Westbrook.

The more I think about it the more I absolutely love it.

Can you imagine a Rose-Westbrook-Butler/?-Mirotic-Love lineup?? Mirotic and Love, 2 bigs that can spread the floor, paired with 2 great attackers sounds like the makings of a friggin juggernaut. Even if Mirotic is not the guy, Love alone is a great match. Jimmy Butler has also shown that he can be a good slasher and would fit in well with that starting lineup at a low cost.

With OKC needing to sign Harden and Ibaka and Love wanting out of Minny I think it could be very possible.

Deng and Rip to a 3rd team, Taj, Teague and other teams players to OKC for Westbrook.

- That makes sense for OKC, Deng and Rip can get them a PG in the deal making their team PG-Harden Durant-Gibson(or Perkins with Taj being a great backup to have)-Ibaka...Still a title contender IMO.

Noah and pieces/picks to Minn for Love.

- Once again a great deal for both teams.

BOOM.
ZoomSlowik
The Thunder are not trading Westbrook, and if they did it'd take more than Taj as a centerpiece. Hell, Love isn't even available yet.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 07:57 PM) *
The Thunder are not trading Westbrook, and if they did it'd take more than Taj as a centerpiece. Hell, Love isn't even available yet.

The centerpiece would be from the team we traded Deng too. I can't see how OKC keeps Rus, KD, Harden, and Ibaka, so I wouldn't think it's really out of the question to trade Russell. If Harden's the guy they don't hold onto I'd gladly take him as a consultation prize.

Love already wants out and if they can get a Joakim Noah and a few picks for a guy who will be leaving the following season they'd really have to think about taking that.

I know I'd be on the phones trying to do it next offseason. After reading about Russells D I absolutely love the idea. Don't think they'd talk about it if they didnt think they could make it happen on both offense and defense.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 11 2012, 08:52 PM) *
The centerpiece would be from the team we traded Deng too. I can't see how OKC keeps Rus, KD, Harden, and Ibaka, so I wouldn't think it's really out of the question to trade Russell. If Harden's the guy they don't hold onto I'd gladly take him as a consultation prize.

Love already wants out and if they can get a Joakim Noah and a few picks for a guy who will be leaving the following season they'd really have to think about taking that.

I know I'd be on the phones trying to do it next offseason. After reading about Russells D I absolutely love the idea. Don't think they'd talk about it if they didnt think they could make it happen on both offense and defense.

You're not really going to get a "centerpiece" type PG for Deng and Rip. Hell, Rip might get dumped before the deadline for salary savings. Anyone you could get would be a huge downgrade from Westbrook, so they'd basically be giving up their second best player for a backup PF.

You don't trade a top-10 player because of salary concerns on the rest of your roster, you trade the other guys if things don't work out on their extensions. Look at it this way: would you ever trade Rose for Kyle Lowry and Ed Davis so you can keep Deng/Boozer/Noah/Taj? That's basically what you're suggesting (though their other players are better). In fact, I'd be surprised if the PG you could get would be as good as Kyle Lowry. Contending teams don't make moves like that. He just signed a lengthy extension and is getting paid less than his market value for the next several years.

Love didn't say he "wants out", he said he wants to win. There's a big difference. If he wanted out so bad, he wouldn't have signed an extension last off-season. He's still under contract for 3 more years.

Edit- My bad, it wasn't last off-season when Love signed his extension. It was late January. As in slightly more than 6 months ago.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 09:03 PM) *
You're not really going to get a "centerpiece" type PG for Deng and Rip. Hell, Rip might get dumped before the deadline for salary savings. Anyone you could get would be a huge downgrade from Westbrook, so they'd basically be giving up their second best player for a backup PF.

You don't trade a top-10 player because of salary concerns on the rest of your roster, you trade the other guys if things don't work out on their extensions. Look at it this way: would you ever trade Rose for Kyle Lowry and Ed Davis so you can keep Deng/Boozer/Noah/Taj? That's basically what you're suggesting (though their other players are better). In fact, I'd be surprised if the PG you could get would be as good as Kyle Lowry. Contending teams don't make moves like that. He just signed a lengthy extension and is getting paid less than his market value for the next several years.

Love didn't say he "wants out", he said he wants to win. There's a big difference. If he wanted out so bad, he wouldn't have signed an extension last off-season. He's still under contract for 3 more years.

Obviously no, I wouldn't give up Rose for that kinda deal because he's our best player. Russells their 2nd best player. KD and Harden paired with a play making PG and a front court that features Ibaka/Perkins/Taj/Aldridge is still a title contender.

What has Minnesota done to help Love win? Nada, he'll get tired of it sooner or later.

It's all just idle speculation based on what those 3 men have talked about. It may not happen in 2014 but I would love to see it happen at some point before they all get too old, which is still a long ways a way i suppose.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 11 2012, 09:52 PM) *
Obviously no, I wouldn't give up Rose for that kinda deal because he's our best player. Russells their 2nd best player. KD and Harden paired with a play making PG and a front court that features Ibaka/Perkins/Taj/Aldridge is still a title contender.

What has Minnesota done to help Love win? Nada, he'll get tired of it sooner or later.

It's all just idle speculation based on what those 3 men have talked about. It may not happen in 2014 but I would love to see it happen at some point before they all get too old, which is still a long ways a way i suppose.

They already have a playmaking point guard. His name is Russell Westbrook.

Whether or not he's their best player is irrelevant, it's still an incredibly dumb deal that no one would do. If the Bulls had Durant instead of Deng, they're still not making that trade. You don't trade an elite player like that for depth unless they're going to leave in FA soon (which Westbrook isn't). They would drastically downgrade at the PG position to add a backup PF. How does that make any sense? Also, Aldridge? Huh?

Love may be available in a couple of years. The point is he isn't right now.

2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 10:10 PM) *
They already have a playmaking point guard. His name is Russell Westbrook.

Whether or not he's their best player is irrelevant, it's still an incredibly dumb deal that no one would do. If the Bulls had Durant instead of Deng, they're still not making that trade. You don't trade an elite player like that for depth unless they're going to leave in FA soon (which Westbrook isn't). They would drastically downgrade at the PG position to add a backup PF. How does that make any sense? Also, Aldridge? Huh?

Love may be available in a couple of years. The point is he isn't right now.

Aldrich* As in Cole Aldrich. My bad.

And by playmaking I meant someone who's a good ball distributor. If Deng has another good season he's bound to get you someone good. There's also no question Taj is a starter caliber PF who can give them just as much if not more than Perkins. Throw in the Bobcats pick too.

Once again I'm just coming up with a scenario based on what these 3 men have said. It may be highly unlikely but at this stagnant point of the offseason its something to talk about. This board was dead when the article was posted so it was more than likely never talked about. It was brought to my attention when someone on ST mentioned something about Rose not recruiting anyone.

I'll take the consolation prize in Harden though
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 11 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Aldrich* As in Cole Aldrich. My bad.

And by playmaking I meant someone who's a good ball distributor. If Deng has another good season he's bound to get you someone good. There's also no question Taj is a starter caliber PF who can give them just as much if not more than Perkins. Throw in the Bobcats pick too.

Once again I'm just coming up with a scenario based on what these 3 men have said. It may be highly unlikely but at this stagnant point of the offseason its something to talk about. This board was dead when the article was posted so it was more than likely never talked about. It was brought to my attention when someone on ST mentioned something about Rose not recruiting anyone.

I'll take the consolation prize in Harden though

They did just fine with Westbrook at the point, and he averaged 8 assists the previous two seasons. Once again, any PG you get for Deng is going to be a pretty serious downgrade from Westbrook. If the guy you could get for him is so good, why not just keep him? We're already talking about a crazy hypothetical where we're basically playing Derrick and his clone in the same backcourt. Deng isn't exactly a star, he's an above average player on a big contract.

The Thunder are not exactly hurting in the froncourt either, Ibaka and Perkins is reasonably solid, Collison is useful on the bench and they might have a future stud in Jones. It's not like they'd be adding Blake Griffin, Taj doesn't remotely justify moving Westbrook.

I'd just forget about it. It's not like both of these guys are free agents that can easily be signed, and Westbrook is on a team that's better than the Bulls right now. It has about as much value as this other superteam talk involving the Knicks.
2nd_city_saint787
Its just something to talk about man, it's not ridiculous to talk about since the players themselves have talked about it.

Its just a pipe dream ATM but if these guys wanna make it happen, they'll make it happen.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 11 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Its just something to talk about man, it's not ridiculous to talk about since the players themselves have talked about it.

Its just a pipe dream ATM but if these guys wanna make it happen, they'll make it happen.

Not unless they all want to play for the Lakers.
2nd_city_saint787
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 11:34 PM) *

I lol'd...It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 07:57 PM) *

This is the NBA. If you cry loud enough, you are "available".
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 11 2012, 11:34 PM) *

Sure. Their GM actually has some testicular fortitude.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Aug 13 2012, 07:54 AM) *
This is the NBA. If you cry loud enough, you are "available".

Only if you're a pending free agent. Otherwise you can tell them to shut up and play like KG and Kobe because they have no leverage.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 13 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Only if you're a pending free agent. Otherwise you can tell them to shut up and play like KG and Kobe because they have no leverage.

A guy can always say he's done playing until he's traded.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 13 2012, 04:27 PM) *
A guy can always say he's done playing until he's traded.

I have to imagine there are some sizeable fines involved in that since no one ever does it.
Jake
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 13 2012, 07:13 PM) *
I have to imagine there are some sizeable fines involved in that since no one ever does it.

I assume it's equivalent to the size of your paycheck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.