Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls interested in Redd
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email

MARK STROTMAN
csnchicago.png

According to a report from Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio, the Bulls are reportedly one of five teams interested in 33-year-old shooting guard Michael Redd.

The Bulls were listed along with the Washington Wizards, Denver Nuggets, Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder.

A deal with Redd would almost certainly be a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum, and as Bulls Insider Aggrey Sam reported earlier this month when the Bulls were connected to Tracy McGrady, Chicago would have to make a corresponding move to bring in Redd.

The Bulls are set to start veteran Rip Hamilton at shooting guard, bringing free agent signee Marco Belinelli and second year wing Jimmy Butler off the bench. If Redd were brought in, he would fill a role similar to the one he had in Phoenix a year ago.

Redd appeared in 51 games for the Suns last year, averaging 8.2 points in 16 minutes per game. He shot just 40 percent from the field and made less than 32 percent of his 3-point attempts.

He had spent the last 11 seasons with the Milwaukee Bucks, a team that selected him with the No. 44 pick in the 2000 draft. He averaged 20.0 points per game in that span, highlighted in 2006-2007 when he averaged 26.7 points per game.

But two separate ACL tears in his left knee, both in 2009 and again in 2010, brought his promising career to a screeching halt. Redd missed 185 of a possible 246 games his final three seasons with the Bucks, before latching on with the Suns for the veteran's minimum of about $1.3 million.

Four of those teams listed with Redd, Chicago, Denver, Memphis and Oklahoma City, made the playoffs last season and should contend this season.

Washington selected Florida freshman shooting guard Bradley Beal with the No. 3 pick in the draft, perhaps making Redd a potential mentor to the 19-year-old sharpshooter.

Jake
We really going to make a move just to sign Michael Redd to a minimum contract?

If we could move Rip, there would be more than enough money...I'm just not sure why you'd do that.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 23 2012, 09:46 AM) *
We really going to make a move just to sign Michael Redd to a minimum contract?

If we could move Rip, there would be more than enough money...I'm just not sure why you'd do that.

If we could have moved Rip, we would have already done so.
2nd_city_saint787
I think it just all depends on who the FO thinks can stay healthier this season. Redd showed flashes of his former self last year in Phoenix but as we all know there seems to be a fountain of youth or something in Phoenix.

I'm sure there's some team out there that would give us a future 2nd rounder for rip (like one of the other 4 teams in on Redd).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.