Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asik's replacement?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Wanne
This kind of went under the radar (I hadn't seen/heard about it) so I looked him up. Basically just wanted to see if they had any video of him moving around the rim, D, etc... Bonus...I actually saw him catch passes! We'll see what Thibs can do with him...why not. I think the Bulls roster currently sits at 13.

http://youtu.be/b9D2PQdRPiw
Jake
My impression is that he is fairly talented but has a reputation for getting overweight and generally not meeting expectations. That indeed may be a good guy to have under the tutelage of Thibodeau. With Nazr Mohammed around, I don't see him getting a ton of time though. With that said, he is likely to ascend to that role in time if he can stay on the roster.
2nd_city_saint787
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rzrDewjv8kM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this guy...yes its a 20 min video but its worth it. Both for the highlights and the hilarity of the comedic parts

His highlights look pretty damn impressive to me, if he can put it all together he should take over as the backup C.

Watching that big 7'!" man dance shows he's got some pretty good footwork..he looks to have good hands...and he looks like a pretty good passer.

Let's see if Thibs can work some magic on him.
ZoomSlowik
The fact that the Bulls got him on such a low salary should tell you something. Pretty much any big man with a pulse can get the MLE, but no one wanted this guy.
Wanne
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 3 2012, 04:04 PM) *
The fact that the Bulls got him on such a low salary should tell you something. Pretty much any big man with a pulse can get the MLE, but no one wanted this guy.

I'd rather have this guy than pay $8M for Asik tho. Who knows...we'll see. Sometimes these guys fall through the cracks or a light clicks on. And I trust Thibs to get the best out of him...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 5 2012, 04:51 PM) *
I'd rather have this guy than pay $8M for Asik tho. Who knows...we'll see. Sometimes these guys fall through the cracks or a light clicks on. And I trust Thibs to get the best out of him...

With Rose out so long, this year is a throw away season. I don't mind taking this kind of chances this year.
Balta1701-B
Bulls have waived Kyrylo Fesenko. His era in Chicago was brief but I'll always remember him as the guy who chugged coffee after a work out.
— Nick Friedell (@ESPNChiBulls) October 18, 2012
Jake
Must not have been in shape/willing to work on D

Didn't really fill a need, honestly
2nd_city_saint787
Rumor is he might be back in November as the 14th man.

Marc Stein: Bulls announce they've waived C Kyrylo Fesenko, but remember: Chicago will have enough room to bring him back under hard cap after Nov. 19 Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Shams Charania: Kyrylo Fesenko waived by #Bulls. He's one of the nicer, more unique guys in NBA. Told me on media day CHI is place for him. Could be in Nov. Twitter @ShamsCharania

Thibodeau said management is looking "every day" at who is available to sign as the 14th player in late November when the prorated portion of the veteran's minimum fits under their hard salary cap. Chicago Tribune

My guess is either him or Jaric (who will be waived) pick up that spot.

Jake
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 20 2012, 07:28 PM) *
Rumor is he might be back in November as the 14th man.

My guess is either him or Jaric (who will be waived) pick up that spot.

Good point, I forgot about that
madisonsmadhouse
The Bulls must have liked him if the talk is about bringing him back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.