Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michael,Charles,Magic to own a team?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Gladiator
Chicago Tribune - Magic Johnson envisions a situation in the future where he would purchase an NBA franchise with his friends Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.

"If the right franchise became available, trust me, I'd make the calls," Johnson said.

"What better situation for us than to do it together?"

In this scenario, Jordan would run the basketball operations, while Magic would be in charge of the business side of things and Charles would be Charles.

"Charles could handle the sponsors and dealing with people," Johnson said in an off-the-air conversation while working as an analyst for TNT this week.

"And if we needed somebody to talk harsh to the team, he could do that."

"If I owned a team, I'd have to get somebody with Michael's skills to run the basketball side," Johnson said. "If he bought into a team, he would have to find somebody like me to make the company profitable. It would be the perfect marriage."

"What a message it would send," Johnson said.

"It would be unbelievable. I really think we can do it."

Do you think there trying to push to own the BULLS! I HOPE SO THAT WOULD BE FREAKING SWEET!

If only JR would step down lol
Kalapse
That would not be freaking sweet. Michael Jordan has proven that he can not run a basketball team, I'd much rather have Jerry Reinsdorf and John Paxon run the Bulls than those 3. Just imagine the circius, yeesh.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12 2006, 07:05 PM)
That would not be freaking sweet. Michael Jordan has proven that he can not run a basketball team, I'd much rather have Jerry Reinsdorf and John Paxon run the Bulls than those 3. Just imagine the circius, yeesh.

lol ya i know, i was semi kidding.. There would be too many egos. Magic in midseason would force skiles out so he could coach and Jordon would try to suit up again to help the young guys and then Barkley would bet on us! biggrin.gif laugh.gif lmao... I wouldnt mind MJ suiting up, lol that would solve our Big SG problems lol
Michael Jordan
lmfao hell freaking no!
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ May 13 2006, 06:55 AM)
lmfao hell freaking no!

I bet you would, you LIER!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.