Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hinrich injured against OKC
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email

Already beginning the season without All-Star Derrick Rose, the team’s point-guard depth suffered another potential hit during Tuesday night’s game against the Thunder at the United Center. Veteran Kirk Hinrich strained his right groin in the second quarter of the contest didn’t return to the game.

“I spoke to Fred [Tedeschi, the team’s athletic trainer] at halftime. He said he tweaked something,” said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau. “I don’t know how serious it is. If he needs time, he’ll get time. If he doesn’t, he’ll play in the next game.”

Hinrich missed last Tuesday’s win over the Bucks with a right-thumb injury. In his absence, backup Nate Robinson started the second half and seldom-used rookie Marquis Teague also saw minutes at point guard.

“I thought Nate played well. In the second half, he was trying to run our offense,” said Thibodeau. “[Teague has] done a good job. He’s practicing well. He’s learning the game, the NBA game. He’s learning his teammates. Each day, he’s gotten better, so if he’s called upon, I expect him to play well.”

Even if the injury is minor and Hinrich was sidelined for precautionary reasons, his injury highlighted just how fragile the Bulls’ depth at the position is. Thibodeau, however, is confident that even if Hinrich was sidelined for an extended period of time, his “next man up” philosophy, which has worked for the better part of his tenure in Chicago, will allow the team to ride out the storm.

“That’s part of the game,” he explained. “Everybody in that room is capable of playing and playing well, and we’re going to need everyone over the course of the season, so I expect when they’re called upon, to be ready and get the job done.”
madisonsmadhouse
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Thibodeau said Hinrich shot but didn't practice. Gametime decision for Friday's preseason finale. I'd guess he's out. #Bulls

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.