Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you trade a top 4 pick for a player only?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Wanne
I'm not sure how that works. But here's my thinking. NY's getting friggin roasted over the Curry deal. They have 3 centers on the roster. The Bulls need a big man. I'm not thrilled with Aldridge to tell you the truth. So if the bulls got a top 4 pick...would you trade it for Channing Frye?...or can you? This is based strictly on the premise that the bulls are going big first.
ZoomSlowik
You could do it, but there are limits to even Isaiah's ineptitude. They'd just be re-acquiring their own pick. That would be the height of stupidity.
Iguana
QUOTE (Wanne @ May 16 2006, 05:20 PM)
I'm not sure how that works. But here's my thinking. NY's getting friggin roasted over the Curry deal. They have 3 centers on the roster. The Bulls need a big man. I'm not thrilled with Aldridge to tell you the truth. So if the bulls got a top 4 pick...would you trade it for Channing Frye?...or can you? This is based strictly on the premise that the bulls are going big first.

hey wanne! what's up!?

Frye doesnt really excite me. especially for a really high #1.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Wanne @ May 16 2006, 03:20 PM)

We could do it, but we'd have to convince Isiah to do so. I actually think he might consider doing it, that way he could draft Ronnie Brewer or another guard laugh.gif

But I highly doubt it. Frye is about the one player the Knicks seem relatively high on and it would be a big mistake moving him. I wouldn't mind him, but if I were moving our top pick, I'd probably lean towards either taking Aldridge (I think his potential >>> Frye's) or trading for a more proven/talented player (obviously we'd have to package up the pick with some other parts)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.