Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Ping-Pong Balls Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Bullies4Life
bringit.gif
Bullies4Life
Alrite guys, the time has come. Its on this Tuesday, May 23rd, on ESPN at 6:30PM CT.
-Paxson will be presenting the Bulls. cool.gif

Predictions:
"The third pick goes to.... The Charlotte Bobcats."

"The second pick goes to...... The, the Portland Jailbla-... err Trailblazer." (Paxson shows a big cheesy smile.)

"And the first pick goes to... The Chicago Bulls!" Paxson stands up and yells, "Yeahhh!! Viictoory is Mine! Arrgghhh!!" He points to the camera and yells, "Im coming after you Alridge!! Im gonna hunt you down boi! Start weight lifting like crazyy! And congratulations to you LaMarcus, you're coming to a great situatio-" Security comes out of nowhere and brings down the jumping Paxson. But Paxson doesnt go down that easy.
Paxson grabs his chair and says, "this is for you LaMarcus!" Paxson lets the security people have it chair.gif .
And then Pax throws a smoke bomb and vanishes ph34r.gif
ZoomSlowik
The only problem with that is supposedly the Bulls won't have a representative there since they don't technically have a pick (I don't remember where I saw that, it was in one of the other threads).
Bullies4Life
Yeah i heard the same thing Zoom huh.gif

But i just went to Bulls.com and it says Pax will represent... so who knows....
bulls91
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 21 2006, 09:03 PM)
Alrite guys, the time has come. Its on this Tuesday, May 23rd, on ESPN at 6:30PM CT.

Predictions:

"The second pick goes to...... The, the Portland Jailbla-... err Trailblazer." (Paxson shows a big cheesy smile.)

"And the first pick goes to... The Chicago Bulls!" Paxson stands up and yells, "Yeahhh!! Viictoory is Mine! Arrgghhh!!" He points to the camera and yells, "Im coming after you Alridge!! Im gonna hunt you down boi! Start weight lifting like crazyy! And congratulations to you LaMarcus, you're coming to a great situatio-" Security comes out of nowhere and brings down the jumping Paxson. But Paxson doesnt go down that easy.
Paxson grabs his chair and says, "this is for you LaMarcus!" Paxson lets the security people have it chair.gif .
And then Pax throw a smoke bomb and vanishes ph34r.gif

lolololololol.....

is it on the radio or just on T.V. i do not have cable so thanks if you all let me know.
Iguana
So, can the team with the first pick negotiate with guys before the draft and sign them like teams can in the NFL?
bschmaranz
There really isn't anything to negotiate, the NBA has specific dollar amounts based on the pick number. All deals are I believe 3 year deals with a team option for a 4th year.
Iguana
Good point. I forgot the NBA is actually smart about rookie salaries. smile.gif
Cute Little Bulls Fan
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 21 2006, 09:03 PM)

Predictions:

And then Pax throw a smoke bomb and vanishes ph34r.gif

HAHAHAHAH. Thats funny
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 21 2006, 10:20 PM)
lolololololol.....

is it on the radio or just on T.V. i do not have cable so thanks if you all let me know.

Im actually not sure if its also on the readio... I dont think so, but ill let you know if i found out. Anyways, you can come here if you can, and we will keep you posted on everything biggrin.gif
sport1016
Anyone else hoping we get the 2nd pick to MAKE SURE we dont take tyrus "shorter chandler" thomas?
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (sport1016 @ May 22 2006, 12:46 PM)
Anyone else hoping we get the 2nd pick to MAKE SURE we dont take tyrus "shorter chandler" thomas?

To me it doesnt matter what pick we get, as long as we get Alridge. I wouldnt be too dissapointed if we got Bargs tho.
ChWRoCk2
Im hoping that knicks get stuck with third pick and bulls take andrea bargnai, i will be disapointed with Thomas and aldridge, both seem to mme to be potential busts
Bullies4Ever
my predictions:

i think paxson doesnt show up.. instead... the bulls organization sends Othella Harington with a nice tux and sun glasses cool.gif

-"the third pick goes to-" they open up the envelope.... "The Chicago Bulls"

Othella comes jumping out of his chair like a big gorilla and yells out "THATS GARBAGE!!!" he takes out his sunglasses and throws it at the comissioner, David Stern... and wait... the audience finds out it isnt Othella.. instead its Stacey King blink.gif .... ph34r.gif

and they point a big camera at Isaiah Thomas back at the New York Studios ... and guess what hes doing... mecry.gif

-Back at the ping pong balls studio... Stacey King is furious mad.gif and get this.. he goes after David Stern and starts swinging fight.gif .. and yells "gimme the first overall pick.. now!!"

and he grants his wish!

but then Paxson wakes up.. he was hallucinating... and hears the second pick goes to Chicago.... and puts on a cheesy smile and says... "thank u knicks biggrin.gif Isaih.. ur the best...."

Lets GO BULLS bullssmilie1.jpg
The Gladiator
What if we get the 4th or 5th pick? I say we draft Carney then.. What about U?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 22 2006, 08:11 PM)
What if we get the 4th or 5th pick? I say we draft Carney then.. What about U?

I'm pretty sure that the lowest pick we could get is #4. If Aldridge, Thomas, and Bargnani are gone, I'd say Ray is the best option. He's a pretty well-rounded player that should play a fairly large role for us even as a rookie. I don't see him being a star in the future, but he should have a solid career (maybe similar to Manu Ginobili in a few years). Most of the other options are small forwards, which we really don't need, and Morrison is the only one of those that will be a factor as a rookie). #4 is also way too early to take Carney given the current projections, even if we needed a SF.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 22 2006, 10:34 PM)
I'm pretty sure that the lowest pick we could get is #4. If Aldridge, Thomas, and Bargnani are gone, I'd say Ray is the best option. He's a pretty well-rounded player that should play a fairly large role for us even as a rookie. I don't see him being a star in the future, but he should have a solid career (maybe similar to Manu Ginobili in a few years). Most of the other options are small forwards, which we really don't need, and Morrison is the only one of those that will be a factor as a rookie). #4 is also way too early to take Carney given the current projections, even if we needed a SF.

Lowest pick we can get is number 5 but that is a very low possibility, I wouldnt mind getting Morrison because I love his all out play but I know many of us hate his attitude and dont want him but hes a heck of a player. Andrea bargnai, your talking a 7 foot shooting forward who plays the perimeter, and hes being compared to Dirk. I dont see why we would pass on him, he seems to me to be the obvious choice, I will be really disapointed if we take Tyrus because hes not ready, Lamarcus Im 50/50 on. I also think that we dont need Carney and if we fall to number four we wait till next years draft lottery.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 22 2006, 10:16 PM)
Lowest pick we can get is number 5 but that is a very low possibility, I wouldnt mind getting Morrison because I love his all out play but I know many of us hate his attitude and dont want him but hes a heck of a player.  Andrea bargnai, your talking a 7 foot shooting forward who plays the perimeter, and hes being compared to Dirk.  I dont see why we would pass on him, he seems to me to be the obvious choice, I will be really disapointed if we take Tyrus because hes not ready, Lamarcus Im 50/50 on.  I also think that we dont need Carney and if we fall to number four we wait till next years draft lottery.

The Dirk comparisons are a bit off. He's not THAT proficient on the perimeter. He's got some talent, he doesn't really have a position in the NBA right now. He doesn't have the ball-handling or quickness to play SF, and he doesn't have the bulk or post moves to play PF. He's probably got the same early career arc as Darko Milicic, although obviously he'll probably play more on a weaker team. He's still considered a bit of a project like most of the other players in this draft. His ESPN profile compares him to Troy Murphy at this point in his career, which is a little scary. Troy has decent numbers, but on a better team he doesn't average 14 and 10, and his low shooting percentage and suspect defense are also issues.
SoxFan1
Pinned in hopes of a #1 pick!
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 05:04 PM)
Pinned in hopes of a #1 pick!

YEESS!!! 17 minutes left! bringit.gif
Bullies4Life
2 minutes... im nervous....
The Gladiator
Ill be happy with atleast number 2.. That way if Aldridge goes number one then we get Thomas or vise versa
Bullies4Life
4th and 5th... dissapointment

3rd pick, its cool, ill take it.

2nd Sweet, im happy

1st YEESSS!!! This is ssooo awessome
Bullies4Life
Envelopes entering the room!!
The Gladiator
OMG IM GETTING NERVOUS!! If the Bulls get 4th or 5th IM GOING TO BE freaking PISSED! biggrin.gif
Bullies4Life
haha Paxson.... laugh.gif that was a good answer
Bullies4Life
14. Jazz

13. Sixers

12. Hornets

11. Magic

10. Sonics

9. Warriors

8. Rockets

7. Celtics

6. Wolves

5. Hawks!

4. Blazers!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
The Gladiator
OMG PORTLAND!! THAT MEANS CHI HAS IT!! pray.gif: I HOPE
Bullies4Life
cormercial......
Bullies4Life
who made the jump??
Bullies4Life
toronto!! right?!
The Gladiator
WOW, Plz NUMBER 1 Lord!! pray.gif:
The Gladiator
fish!
Bullies4Life
3. bobcats!!!

2. Bullss!!!!!NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Gladiator
God Damit! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BULLS
The Gladiator
Well they wont draft Thomas,And Aldridge cuz they have two GREAT bigs
Bullies4Life
Wow i really thought the bulls had this one....
The Gladiator
This Blows :Thumbs Down
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 23 2006, 05:56 PM)
Well they wont draft Thomas,And Aldridge cuz they have two GREAT bigs

They might pick Alridge... they want a center....
The Gladiator
O well.. At least we know we can still get Aldridge and Ty
Bullies4Life
Hey its cool... we deserve 2nd... im happy... i feel sry 4 Blazers... It could have been worser guys... so its all good...
Bullies4Life
One thing is for sure... they wont pick Tyrus....
Bullies4Life
anybody elses thoughts?
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 23 2006, 06:01 PM)
One thing is for sure... they wont pick Tyrus....

Or Lamarcus.. Though Im thinking The Raptors might trade it to Portland so they can pick Rudy Gay. huh.gif
SoxFan1
Yeah, this sucks. We got a free #2 pick. Boo!

I am very happy with the way this turned out. When I saw Portland at 4, I was very pleased. I expected the #2 pick the whole time. With Toronto having Villanueva and Bosh, I don't forsee them picking one of the bigs. I see them taking Brandon Roy or Tyrus Thomas. Bulls get their guy in Aldridge.
SoxFan1
Actually, I wouldn't discount them picking Aldridge. I just think they need more help at the guard positions.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:03 PM)
Yeah, this sucks. We got a free #2 pick. Boo!

I am very happy with the way this turned out. When I saw Portland at 4, I was very pleased. I expected the #2 pick the whole time. With Toronto having Villanueva and Bosh, I don't forsee them picking one of the bigs. I see them taking Brandon Roy or Tyrus Thomas. Bulls get their guy in Aldridge.

What? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Thomas? Hello? Where have you been? Thomas IS a PF and they already have Bosh and Vil, why the hell would they take Thomas? The only options I see them doing is Morrison,Rudy Gay or Trade. They WILL NOT pick a Big. Then The Bulls could still get Thomas! or Aldridge
SoxFan1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 23 2006, 06:05 PM)
What? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Thomas? Hello? Where have you been? Thomas IS a PF and they already have Bosh and Vil, why the hell would they take Thomas? The only options I see them doing is Morrison,Rudy Gay or Trade. They WILL NOT pick a Big. Then The Bulls could still get Thomas! or Aldridge

Oh, thanks Mr. Colangelo.
Bullies4Life
I can definately see the Raptors trading down... Atlanta? Blazers?? aaaarrrgggg....
The Gladiator
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:06 PM)
Oh, thanks Mr. Colangelo.

hilarious. Do you know anything about basketball? Im srry but any REASONABLE person would know they wont pickup a big when they have 2 ALLSTARS (Vil Most likely will be soon). Just because you Hate Thomas so damn much doesnt mean u have to make assinine posts like that one. You blatenly left out Thomas's name and contradicted ur statement when you yourself said they would lay off a big like bargs and aldridge and purposley left off Thomas. jpshakehead.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.