Full Version: Should we re-sign...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullseye
Jay Williams!?
He is a free agent now, I believe.
lolhitting.gif

Sorry for the idiotic post tongue.gif
Bullies4Life
i would take him instead of pargo... give him a chance...
Bullseye
Can he even play anymore?
SoxFan1
He's better than Pargo.
Bullseye
can he even play anymore?
Bullies4Life
I dont think he is as explosive as he used to be... but yeah he's been playing for quite some time now..
Bullseye
Re-sign him to the minimum and let him and Pargo compete.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ May 23 2006, 05:48 PM)
Re-sign him to the minimum and let him and Pargo compete.

Bullseye
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:04 PM)

Well, can he?
FromWayDowntown
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:04 PM)

Slim and none, and Slim just walked out the door.
BuLLzDoMaIn
yes he can play again. i would LOVE to see him back
Chisoxfn
Technically he's better than Pargo and he has a great attitude, at the same time, I don't think it will happen.
bulls91
QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ May 23 2006, 07:45 PM)
yes he can play again. i would LOVE to see him back

same here i would love to have him back and also he was been in rehab for some time now and is reported to be at the same point as he was in the crash. He would be very good but i have heard that the heat are going to look at him to replace Jasoon Williwms when he retires.
JPargo
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 05:41 PM)
He's better than Pargo.

FIRST OF ALL NO ONE IS BETTER THAN PARGO. lol... I liked jay when he was playing for us but i think he'd just be the odd man out. I think it was a good idea for him to sit out this season though. I team that needs a 3rd string PG would take him. He would definatley have to earn a starting position because of the time hes been out.
madisonsmadhouse
LMAO. Jay Williams on crutches is a better player than Pargo, just for his basketball IQ alone. The guy knows how to run a team and he knows how to score. JayWil would be an excellent risk to reward pick up.
bschmaranz
He not on crutches anymore folks... he's getting close to 100% and you will definitely see him on the court in the NBA next season. I can't remember where I read that, but it was either on NBA.com or ESPN.com.
RememberThe90's
Jay Williams should offer to play for the Bulls for free after they bought out his contract when they could have outright voided it.
bschmaranz
I don't think Paxson wants him back here, even if he did offer to come back. And really, do we need him?
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 24 2006, 09:13 AM)
I don't think Paxson wants him back here, even if he did offer to come back. And really, do we need him?

better than pargo biggrin.gif
sport1016
J-will isn't going anywhere where he has NO CHANCE to start. Even though he may have limited options, he won't go somewhere where he's automatically the 3rd pg, not even the second.

If he were willing to do so that'd be great to have him here, but i dont think he will
BuLLzDoMaIn
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 24 2006, 09:13 AM)

yes we do. I remember when paxson bought out his contract he told Jay will he would love to have him back when he was ready. And if Jay will shows hes 100% Duhon is good trade bait.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ May 24 2006, 09:35 AM)
yes we do. I remember when paxson bought out his contract he told Jay will he would love to have him back when he was ready. And if Jay will shows hes 100% Duhon is good trade bait.

Jay has also said that the Bulls would get first rights for his services.
JPargo
if jay returned 100% i'd take him over duhon
Bullseye
Duhan>Williams>Pargo
ChWRoCk2
As much as I like the guy, I dont see why we should waste our time with him. He just got off an injury, I heard the Lakers were interested a while back. Seems to be a good fit he wont be back here.
Wanne
I don't like the idea at all. First...too big of a distraction for this team IMO...and how much of an addition would he really be? It would be a circus bringing this guy back too. His time has passed with the Bulls...let another team be the guine pig. For as bad as Toronto needs a PG...I'm surprised they haven't taken a flyer out on him or contacted him about next year.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Wanne @ May 24 2006, 10:55 PM)
I don't like the idea at all. First...too big of a distraction for this team IMO...and how much of an addition would he really be? It would be a circus bringing this guy back too. His time has passed with the Bulls...let another team be the guine pig. For as bad as Toronto needs a PG...I'm surprised they haven't taken a flyer out on him or contacted him about next year.

How would that be a distraction? It'd be a pretty good story if he could come back and succeed, and it would give us a ton of flexibility, even if he wasn't nearly where he was a few years ago. If nothing else, if he comes back and proves he can play as a backup after a few weeks, we could trade him and actually get something in exchange for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.