Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who will the Raptors pick....
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Bullies4Life
Who will the Raptors pick..... bringit.gif
JPargo
Raptors will most likely pick adam morrison.
maggsmaggs
Tyrus or Morrison. They already have two real good bigs in Bosh and Villanueva. Thomas can play SF and they really need to improve their defense. Morrison because he could be their 2 guard or SF and then move Mo P to the 6th man role, where he is more suited for. My guess is that they go for Thomas.
Bullies4Life
i was thinking about that... but im not sure... morrison plays SF, and thats what Charlie plays right now... so i dunno... Maybe Bosh moves to the Center position and Charlie to the PF?....
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 23 2006, 06:08 PM)
Tyrus or Morrison.  They already have two real good bigs in Bosh and Villanueva.  Thomas can play SF and they really need to improve their defense.  Morrison because he could be their 2 guard or SF and then move Mo P to the 6th man role, where he is more suited for.  My guess is that they go for Thomas.

IMO Thomas is the last person they would pick... And Thomas is not playing SF....
FromWayDowntown
Two lines of thought...

1) Adam Morrison, you're table is waiting, sir.

2) Flip-flop picks to the Bulls, maybe???? Or another team????
Bullies4Life
I can deinately see the Raptors drafting Alridge....

PG-Mike James
SG-Mo P
SF-Charlie Vil
PF-Bosh
C-Alridge
blink.gif

Bosh and Alridge would be scary in the future.... Plus Alridge and bosh are friends... Bosh will tell the Raptors to pick him, or else he will threaten to leave blink.gif NNNOOOOO!!!!!
SoxFan1
Just added a poll to get some numbers flowing...
HoofHearted
I dont see the obsession here with us getting Lamarcus. Dude is way undersized as a Center,was inconsistent in college(down right bad in big games), and his ceiling is as a PF in the NBA. Maybe I missed something here, but I would much rather get someone of value via trade if he were available and another team wanted him.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:15 PM)
Just added a poll to get some numbers flowing...

Nice touch cool.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ May 23 2006, 06:15 PM)
I dont see the obsession here with us getting Lamarcus. Dude is way undersized as a Center,was inconsistent in college(down right bad in big games), and his ceiling is as a PF in the NBA. Maybe I missed something here, but I would much rather get someone of value via trade if he were available and another team wanted him.

Why Alridge?... Because he brings a lot to the table that the Bulls need....

-Do the Bulls need a PF/C?? (for the future... Im sure Alridge wont play that much C right now)

-Do the Bulls need someone that can score inside??

-Do the Bulls need some size??

Alridge makes perfect sense for the Bulls right now... He can come in and contribute better than other players....(IMO thomas and Bargs are more like projects right now) He has a great attude, great worker... and keep in mind, the guy was injured his freshmen year, and played w/ some selfish players at times.... (so that explains somewhat why Alridge was inconsistent at times) Plus Alridge has a lot of potential... And he can be our guy that can give us 14+points from the front court in the future... Have i convinced you now? If i havent, then some1 else try...
HoofHearted
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 23 2006, 06:24 PM)
Why Alridge?... Because he brings a lot to the table that the Bulls need....

-Do the Bulls need a PF/C??

-Do the Bulls need someone that can score inside??

-Do the Bulls need some size??

Alridge makes perfect sense for the Bulls right now... He can come in and contribute better than other players....(IMO thomas and Bargs are more like projects right now) He has a great attude, great worker... and keep in mind, the guy was injured his freshmen year, and played w/ some selfish players at times.... (so that explains somewhat why Alridhe was inconsistent at times) Plus Alridge has a lot of potential... And he can be our guy that can give us 14+points from the front court in the future... Have i convinced you now? If i havent, then some1 else try...

He is not a Center.

He dissapeared against above average competition at his respective position.

He does have good size, but he has a lot to prove in ways of scoring the paint when matched up against a good player. He has a lot to prove period when it comes to his game against good players. He was seriously injured is freshman season(and moderately so as a Senior in High School) yet another thing to not like about him. If he turns out to be good, trust me Ill be the first person to eat my own words, but I would much much rather have someone already proven in the NBA for our pick.
The Gladiator
Gay, Let me explain myself. Besides the fact that they dont need a "Big" Remember Colangelo was the GM of Phoenix before and he likes the fast pace style offense and stated that at the draft lottery. Rudy Gay is a player that can work in that style of offense.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 23 2006, 06:31 PM)
Gay, Let me explain myself. Besides the fact that they dont need a "Big" Remember Colangelo was the GM of Phoenix before and he likes the fast pace style offense and stated that at the draft lottery. Rudy Gay is a player that can work in that style of offense.

I dont think we need another player who can only play SF. In fact a SF is the last thing we need on our team. Gay could be the best player in the draft, but what are we going to do with Noc and Deng, hope one can play SG?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ May 23 2006, 06:33 PM)
I dont think we need another player who can only play SF. In fact a SF is the last thing we need on our team. Gay could be the best player in the draft, but what are we going to do with Noc and Deng, hope one can play SG?

He is talking about the Raptors picking Gay...
HoofHearted
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:35 PM)
He is talking about the Raptors picking Gay...

Ahh.. My bad, then I completely agree with his statement. I would say the Raptors definitely go small with their pick, and Gay as I said IMO may be the best player in the draft.
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (HoofHearted @ May 23 2006, 06:31 PM)
He is not a Center.

He does have good size, but he has a lot to prove in ways of scoring the paint when matched up against a good player. He has a lot to prove period when it comes to his game against good players. He was seriously injured is freshman season(and moderately so as a Senior in High School) yet another thing to not like about him. If he turns out to be good, trust me Ill be the first person to eat my own words, but I would much much rather have someone already proven in the NBA for our pick.

Yes the guy needs to improve... but thats okay, so do our young players we have right now...And if we can get Alridge, i say we keep him. Nobody in the Free Agent list will be our "low post scorer" in the future.... The only one that can score for us would be Al harrington, and i dont think he's our answer for the future.... So the only way we can get a low post scorer is by trading... KG? not sure if he's available, and i dont really want to give up half of our core for him.... And this is the NBA, Teams dont give up on their Bigs that can score down low that easy.... cause every team needs them.
Bullies4Life
cool.gif Bulls trade their 2nd and 16th for the first... i would do that
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 23 2006, 06:52 PM)
cool.gif Bulls trade their 2nd and 16th for the first... i would do that

That would be one of the worst trades ever. laugh.gif Let's trade the #2 pick AND the #16 to move up 1 spot! Yeah! laugh.gif
Bullies4Life
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2006, 06:54 PM)
That would be one of the worst trades ever.  laugh.gif  Let's trade the #2 pick AND the #16 to move up 1 spot! Yeah!  laugh.gif

We need Alridge period. I can name a million reasons why we shouldnt pick the other guys... The only one thats okay w/ me is Bargs, and who knows, he could be the next V. Radmonivic... lots of skills and thats it...

And i want to win a Championship. I think LaMarcus is our guy, cuz i think he would give us the best opportunity to do that.... and we have an opportunity, so LETS GET HIM biggrin.gif We might regret this later...

But of course, lets make sure who the Raptors are picking before we jump into anything...
Chi-town23-33
All the rumors point to the first pick of the draft being Andrea Bargnani. The Toronto Raptors just hired (not official yet) Mauricio Gherardini ,an executive of Benetton Treviso and also Bargnani's team.

Read about it here:
Toronto Star

Charlotte Observer
Bullies4Life
Yep i heard that about that.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ May 23 2006, 07:12 PM)
All the rumors point to the first pick of the draft being Andrea Bargnani. The Toronto Raptors just hired (not official yet) Mauricio Gherardini ,an executive of Benetton Treviso and also Bargnani's team.

Read about it here:
Toronto Star

Charlotte Observer

That would shock me.
Bullies4Life
Well, heres a heads up... Looks like pretty much all of the Raptor fans are looking foward to seeing Alridge being drafted... They wont even trade the 2nd and 16th for it. (Not even Rudy Gay and some1 like JJ Red.)

They think that Bosh, Alridge amd Charlie will be scary in the future.. and all they have to do is sign a PG later on in the future... and having those big guys, it would seem very attractive for a PG to come in there...
Bullies4Life
Also, Bosh and LA are friends (Bosh is LA's mentor) And i know that Bosh has some power in the front office... So it looks to me like Alridge will be their guy sad.gif mecry.gif
BuLLzDoMaIn
rudy gay
Chisoxfn
Way too early to tell, but they could very well go with Thomas or Morrison. Hell, you never know, lots of time till the draft starts and there could always be a sleeper pick out there.
bulls91
QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 23 2006, 06:14 PM)
I can deinately see the Raptors drafting Alridge....

PG-Mike James
SG-Mo P
SF-Charlie Vil
PF-Bosh
C-Alridge
blink.gif

Bosh and Alridge would be scary in the future.... Plus Alridge and bosh are friends... Bosh will tell the Raptors to pick him, or else he will threaten to leave blink.gif NNNOOOOO!!!!!

that would be scary mecry.gif
bulls91
He is not a Center.

can you see a better pick that would be the best for us.
sport1016
NO WAY THE RAPTORS PICK ALDRIDGE

YES!

[SIZE=1] Aldridge is in the bosh mold, and they already have him. While they might like the idea of playing bosh and villanueva at 4 and 5 with bargnani at the three, with his dirk-like sf skills, you can't play just any 3pfs on the front line. Remember fizer at sf? It doesn't work. Colangelo is too good of a GM to do that. Villanueava cannot guard small forwards in the NBA if he wants the raptors to ever be contenders. Look for them to go with a wing player like gay or morrison or roy. The only big they would even attempt to line up at sf is bargs, so aldridge is safe.

They may make it look like they are taking aldridge to try to trade the pick, so someone moves up and they can take their wing man with a 3-5 pick, but if they keep the pick i know aldridge will be ours for the taking.

This is a perfect situation for him to come into. With an already established team he will have no burden to be "the man" and should put up solid numbers. PREDICTION: Bulls draft aldridge and he averages 12 and 8 in year one, 17 and 10 in year two, and it goes up from there.

#16 pick: ESPN predicts we take mardy collins, who is a 6'6 guy who can play either guard spot. PERFECT. That way we can play him at brief stretches with gordon, setting up a true 3 guard rotation b/c you can play ANY two at one time. Duhon becomes the third pg and pargo is sent packing! Yippee!

I wish next season started in a week! Gentlemen (and gentle women), we have arrived.
ZoomSlowik
He is not a Center.

First off, as Bullies said, a lot of his inconsistency can be attributed to his teammates. Texas didn't have a true PG, and because of it he didn't get the ball as much as he should. Gibson and Tucker both took more shots than he did, which makes no sense when you think about it. There is no excuse for Aldridge to average less than 11 shots per game.

Second, he might not be a center right now, but it's conceivable that he could be in the future. He's already somewhere between 235 and 240 pounds, which is about the same as Chandler.

I also wouldn't say that he "disappeared against above average competition" with that much regularity. He had 18 against Iowa, 21 against Duke, 12 points on only 7 shots against an athletic Memphis team, 22 against Oklahoma, 18 against Kansas, and 26 against West Virginia in the tournament. He struggled in two games against A&M (one of which can be attributed to foul trouble), one of the Kansas game (fouls were an issue again), and in their last game against LSU (where he still had 10 boards and 5 blocks). I'd say that statement is a bit inaccurate.

As for the Raptors, I doubt that they take Aldridge or Thomas because their current roster. Aldridge is very similar to Bosh and Villanueva, and Thomas is strictly a PF. Supposedly they like Bargnani, and Morrison, Roy, or Gay would be better fits. They have been a highly unpredictable team in the past however.
BuLLzDoMaIn
no way we pick Morrison. There is no need for him at all here. I say we stay with LaMarcus. Being raptors dont need a big. They need a SF.
TeaLeafReaderII
Like was mentioned earlier in this thread all the Raptor's fans I've ran into are creaming their pants over Aldridge...

Bulls might end up doing something like Tyrus/Bargini and Bryant huh.gif

I wish the draft wasn't an entier freaking month away... banghead.gif
nitetrain8601
I'm hearing the same thing. Raptor fans are getting their Aldridge jerseys already printed up supposedly because they expect to take Aldridge.
HoofHearted
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 23 2006, 10:35 PM)
Like was mentioned earlier in this thread all the Raptor's fans I've ran into are creaming their pants over Aldridge... 

Bulls might end up doing something like Tyrus/Bargini and Bryant  huh.gif

I wish the draft wasn't an entier freaking month away...  banghead.gif

Really seems like between the pressure of the fans as well as Bosh on the organization, they have no choice other than LaMarcus.

I dont want Tyrus(although Tyrus is my all time favorite name bar none), but I wouldnt mind Bargs. No way O'Bryant lasts til #16, but I honest to God wouldnt mind us taking him at 2 with the talent pool rounding out the way it has. Any of Bargs, OB, Roy, or LaMarcus wouldnt bother me in the least, as we really cant make a huge mistake between them.

For #16, Id like us to gamble on someones potential, maybe Hilton Armostrong, Sene, Rudy Fernandez, Sefolosha or if we go on the safe side Ager or Collins are ideal.
beck72
I see the Raptors trading down to 4th or lower. Guys like Gay, Bagnani and Morrison will be down there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.